Princess Beatrice and Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged, wedding 2020

Started by wannable, September 26, 2019, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: wannable on October 13, 2019, 12:45:35 PM
If the latest DM article is true, based on it, she and Edo are looking for venues, apparently they do not want Windsor nor St. Georges, nor nothing in London.  It may end up in Yorkshire in some castle or stately home, where there is medieval churches, abbeys and chapels.
Cana't quite see why they would go for Yorkshire but I don't mind so long as it is something quiet...

sandy

I don't think any firm plans have been made  yet. Not even a date set.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on October 14, 2019, 05:49:22 PM
I don't think any firm plans have been made  yet. Not even a date set.
I agree - I don't think so either. All we know is Sarah indicated it will be on home turf.

sara8150

Royal wedding: The one royal tradition Princess Beatrice might have to follow | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
We have wait and see till after wedding or not put flower at unknown warrior in Westminster Abbey stay tuned dont say anything about that wait confirmation from palace and Yorks 🙏🏻🤞🏻🤐🤫

Camilla snub: Will Camilla snub Princess Beatrice?s wedding as she did with Eugenie?s? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Duchess of Cornwall missed Eugenie?s wedding last year due she had engagement same day of her wedding October 12,2018 I?m hope not again in 2020 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Princess Cassandra

I hope not, too. Hopefully the date will be established long before and that whatever was planned for the day can be changed. I understand engagements are made almost a year in advance, but some things can be re-scheduled, where some cannot. I hope Bea wears a tiara, and I think she will, as Lady Gabriella did. I'm also betting it will be at St. George's.

sandy

wannable

They were recently at a wedding of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon Bonaparte and Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg, the descendants of Napoleon Bonaparte I, and the French Emperor?s wife, respectively.  They joined their blood ties.

Curryong

I don't think there will be news until much closer to the wedding, which may be months away. That is unless Fergie gives an interview about it (possible) or, for some reason the good relations between Edo and his ex turn sour and the tabloids get a sniff of a story.

After all, the couple are virtually private citizens and a strong hint was given IMO when there was no engagement interview that these two want their nuptials to be a lot more out of the public eye than Eugenie's wedding was. (This is besides the optics following the recent Andrew mess.) This was confirmed by the statement that it was all going to be privately paid for. Well, nearly all of it!

I'm actually more surprised there's been no pregnancy news from Eugenie, than the lack of news about this wedding.

As I've said before, I just feel, that for security of many of the guests and for other reasons mainly to do with the Queen and PP, the location of this wedding is more likely to be St George's than anywhere else, probably around April/May. It may well be followed by a get-together in Italy for European friends in the summer.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on October 26, 2019, 12:59:00 AM
I don't think there will be news until much closer to the wedding, which may be months away. That is unless Fergie gives an interview about it (possible) or, for some reason the good relations between Edo and his ex turn sour and the tabloids get a sniff of a story.

After all, the couple are virtually private citizens and a strong hint was given IMO when there was no engagement interview that these two want their nuptials to be a lot more out of the public eye than Eugenie's wedding was. (This is besides the optics following the recent Andrew mess.) This was confirmed by the statement that it was all going to be privately paid for. Well, nearly all of it!

I'm actually more surprised there's been no pregnancy news from Eugenie, than the lack of news about this wedding.

As I've said before, I just feel, that for security of many of the guests and for other reasons mainly to do with the Queen and PP, the location of this wedding is more likely to be St George's than anywhere else, probably around April/May. It may well be followed by a get-together in Italy for European friends in the summer.
And with the royal calendar so tight, there are only so many weeks it can happen, unless it is extremely intimate and small. We should probably also assume that there are alternate plans because of the Epstein mess, ensuring that the plans won't be made known for quite some time.

Blue Clover

Quote from: amabel on October 13, 2019, 07:14:12 AM
but Beatrice is unluckily marrying now after her fathers problems over Epstein have come back into public notice.  I don't think he will ever recover his reputation after this.. and it will affect his family.. So Bea will look bad if she seems to be insisting on a big glamourous wedding.. regardless of issues like security costs.

@amabel, I agree with your perspective on why the wedding is going to be low-key. This is a bad time for a glamorous wedding. It's all terribly sad for Andrew's daughters, they really don't deserve how Andrew's past behavior will impact their lives.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Blue Clover on October 29, 2019, 03:19:13 AM
@amabel, I agree with your perspective on why the wedding is going to be low-key. This is a bad time for a glamorous wedding. It's all terribly sad for Andrew's daughters, they really don't deserve how Andrew's past behavior will impact their lives.
Well said, Blue Clover.

Princess Cassandra

I just hope we will see some pictures. There were not many when Zara was married. And, I hope we won't see some way-out wedding dress that takes away from her beautiful face and hair.

Curryong

Yes, so do I, Princess. I think we will see some pictures. And please, Beatrice, don't take the fashion advice of your mother, or even your sister though she looked lovely on her wedding day. Something simple, classic, with a lovely cut and flattering to your body type.

Blue Clover

My guess is that they will release a set of photos to Hello! or some other magazine.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on October 31, 2019, 11:04:00 PM
Yes, so do I, Princess. I think we will see some pictures. And please, Beatrice, don't take the fashion advice of your mother, or even your sister though she looked lovely on her wedding day. Something simple, classic, with a lovely cut and flattering to your body type.
With her small waist it wouldn't be difficult to design something really lovely for her. But sometimes she wants to be avant-garde and, of course, designers are always wanting to do a statement design. The results are sometimes unflattering and the portraits won't stand the test of time. I hope she and her designer don't collaborate on something way out there!

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2019, 05:40:44 PM

Quote from: Blue Clover on November 01, 2019, 02:52:46 AM
My guess is that they will release a set of photos to Hello! or some other magazine.
I trust you are right, Blue Clover!

sandy

wannable

Of course, it just won't be so much published in the media.

(I bet James Middleton and Alizee will have more pictures and reporting, because they won't be able to close the streets to go to a chapel for example...like Pippa and James Mathew's wedding, many pictures of people arriving their local Berkshire church).

sandy

I am not so sure that James Middleton and Alizee would be of that much interest, maybe in their social set and families. I think the stars of the show will be Bea and Edo. I think the royals in attendance would be of most interest after the bride and groom.

TLLK

I believe that Beatrice will have a gown that is made of quality materials and expert craftsmanship but the any additional items: beading, a long train etc..would increase the cost. She might opt to wear a tiara  like her sister and cousin Zara or she might choose to go with just a simple veil.  :)

sandy

I think definitely the wedding  coverage will be in  People and Us Magazines.