Danish Monarchy Current Events

Started by TLLK, January 02, 2017, 02:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Princess Marie of Denmark opens conference on autism ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Marie of Denmark opened the SIKON conference, dedicated to autism, in her role as event patron.

Her Royal Highness arrived at the ODEON, in Odense, on 24 April and was welcomed by the chairman of the Autism Association, Brian Andersen, as well as a posy of flowers offered by nine-year-old L?rke.

Once inside, the Princess was in charge of offering the conference?s opening remarks, during which she highlighted the key work of the association in creating opportunities for people with autism.

She then handed out the Autism Prize to Dorthe H?lck for her ?extraordinary effort in creating the best possible conditions for people with autism,? according to the Royal Court.

The prize consists of a diploma, 10.000 Danish Kroner, and a piece of art created by one or more people on the spectrum.

Princess Marie was then given a tour of the displays of products by two companies, IBG and Protac.

TLLK

Princess Marie and her family celebrate the Kattegat Centre's 30th anniversary ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Tuesday, Princess Marie attended an event celebrating the Kattegat Centre's 30th anniversary, as Patron. She was joined by Prince Joachim, Count Henrik, and Countess Athena.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Joachim attended the annual ceremony for the fallen American soldiers on Utah Beach and in the international ceremony at the British monument:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyCMF-MWYAIBB94?format=jpg&name=large

TLLK

A special tradition observed as Queen Margrethe bids farewell to King Harald and Queen Sonja ? Royal Central

QuoteOne of the most peculiar and less known traditions was observed at the end of King Harald and Queen Sonja?s official visit to Denmark.

On Sunday, 18 June, before the monarchs boarded the Royal Yacht Norge to return to Oslo, they signed one of the windows at Fredensborg Palace.

This is not an innovation brought on by Queen Margrethe but rather a tradition that dates back more than 160 years.

The tradition of signing the windows at Fredensborg dates back to when the  many descendants of King Christian IX who had married into many of the European royal families would return for their annual summer gatherings. Traditionally the names were etched into the glass with a diamond.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that Harald and Sonja hadn't already added their names years before.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on June 20, 2023, 12:45:05 PM
A special tradition observed as Queen Margrethe bids farewell to King Harald and Queen Sonja ? Royal Central

The tradition of signing the windows at Fredensborg dates back to when the  many descendants of King Christian IX who had married into many of the European royal families would return for their annual summer gatherings. Traditionally the names were etched into the glass with a diamond.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that Harald and Sonja hadn't already added their names years before.

Absolutely. I?m surprised too. They could have added the signatures to one of the windows on their first visit to Fredensborg after they married. They?ve left it a long, long time. 

TLLK

A much-needed holiday! Queen Margrethe, 83, sails off on her summer break after difficult year for the Danish royal family following a row over titles

QuoteQueen Margrethe of Denmark has sailed off on her summer holiday in what is likely to be a much-needed break for the 83-year-old monarch.

The Danish Queen was pretty in pink with a dress, jacket and hat as she arrived in Sonderborg and stepped off the royal ship, Dannebrog, to be greeted by Sonderborg mayor Erik Lauritzen.

She will be spending the summer holiday in the royal residence of Graasten Castle in the south of the country.

TLLK

Queen Margrethe hosts lunch for Ukrainian Presidential Couple ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Monday, Queen Margrethe hosted an official reception and lunch for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and First Lady Olena Zelenska at Christiansborg Castle.

TLLK

QMI and CPssM look at the Queen's decoupage pieces.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n

TLLK

Today the Queen, the Crown Prince couple and Princess Benedikte attended the Opening of Parliament. The Danish royals sit in the gallery and are considered to be guests at this event.

Opening Parliament Denmark October 3 Pictures and Photos - Getty Images,%202023&sort=newest

Video of QMI arriving. She does have a cane but doesn't use it. There's a funny moment as she and Mary try to kiss, but Mary's hat is too large. :hehe:

https://twitter.com/christinsqueens/status/1709144295624642770?s=61&t=BTkKeLTmmbKLFeTh6xUOaQ

Curryong

I?m glad to see that Queen Daisy is walking and moving more comfortably after her op. She didn?t take too long to recover from it at all, considering her age. And she and Mary are just going to have to blow air kisses at each other if such a situation occurs again!

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe attended the official opening of the new extension at CLAY ceramics museum in Middelfart this afternoon, October 7:

Login ? Instagram

TLLK

QMI attended a synagogue service.

Queen Margrethe attends synagogue service ? Royal Central

QuoteQueen Margrethe has attended a service at a synagogue in Copenhagen to show support for the Jewish community in the aftermath of the Hamas attack in Israel.

The Queen of Denmark was joined by the country?s Prime Minister and Foreign Minister at the service in Krystalgade on October 14th 2023.

The national anthems of both Denmark and Israel were sung at the service. There were speeches from the Head Rabbi and Israel?s ambassador during the ceremony.

In the early morning of 7 October, Palestinian terrorists from the group Hamas infiltrated Israel by air, land and sea ? killing at least 1,200 people and injuring 1,700. The group took over 100 hostages back to the Gaza Strip.

A week on, Queen Margrethe, dressed in black, took part in the service in the Danish capital.

TLLK

Princess Marie presents Literature Prize awarded by ambassadors of French-speaking countries ? UFO No More

On Monday, Princess Marie presented the Literature Prize awarded by ambassadors of French-speaking countries at the French Embassy in Copenhagen. Princess Marie is Patron of the award since 2009.

The Prize aims to recognize literary works in French translated into Danish, which helps to promote cultural diversity and dissemination of modern French-language literature in Denmark. This year?s winner is Canadian author Juliana L?veill?-Trudelwhich for her book ?Nirliit? which was published in French in 2015 and in Danish in 2021. The book tells the story of a young social worker from Quebec who works every summer in the northern Inuit village of Salluit.

Princess Marie attends International Stop Wasting Food Dinner ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Monday, Princess Marie attended the International Stop Wasting Food Dinner hosted by the Italian Embassy in Copenhagen.

TLLK

Denmark is preparing for its incoming State Visit from Spain to Denmark which will begin on Monday. Tiaras to the ready!!!!

The band is rehearsing La Marcha Real today.

DET DANSKE KONGEHUS ?? p? Instagram: "?Esperamos recibir a Sus Majestades el lunes! ??   P? mandag byder Hendes Majest?t Dronningen og den kongelige

Curryong

At least in Denmark, not so much in Spain perhaps, royals from Queen Margrethe down, enjoy getting the bling out including tiaras, and like hosting such events. Denmark excelled in hosting Prince Christian?s 18th birthday bash.

TLLK

@Curryong-I'm hoping that we'll see some pieces from Spain's Joyas de Pasar collection at the State Banquet. Letizia appears to be more comfortable wearing the collections grander pieces when she's outside of Spain. As for the DRF, I believe that Margrethe and Mary will be wearing their lovely tiaras and more.
There is such a strong relationship between the Danish and Spanish royal houses with their Greek relations, that we'll see some warm interaction between "Tia" Margrethe and Felipe.

Curryong

Yes indeedy TLLK. There are some very close links and when they all meet it?s lovely to see. For anyone interested this article from Royal Central details some of them, including King Felipe and his ?Aunt? Daisy. And the Greek-Danish Houses of course.

A King and his Aunt Daisy: the many family ties between Margrethe of Denmark and Felipe of Spain ? Royal Central

I often forget too all that lineage, through three different lines, of Felipe from Queen Victoria.

TLLK

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia depart Spain after the traditional departure ceremony.

Despedida de SS.MM. los Reyes en el Pabell?n de Estado del Aeropuerto Adolfo Su?rez Madrid-Barajas - YouTube

And now they've landed in Denmark. Queen Letizia has changed her outfit and appears to be now wearing a dress without a hat. Her Danish counterparts QMI, CPss Mary and Princess Benedikte are all wearing hats as I would have expected.

Ceremonia Oficial de bienvenida de SS.MM. los Reyes a Copenhague - YouTube

Denmark is ready for this State Visit with traditional carriage rides to the Amalienborg Palace complex. Amalienborg is designed with four identical palaces around an extensive courtyard.

CASA REAL: FELIPE VI y do?a LETIZIA recibidos por la REINA MARGARITA en DINAMARCA | - YouTube

Kudos to Queen Margrethe for navigating the tiny carriage steps with a cane and Queen Letizia for managing the steps in very high heels. The Spanish court does not use carriages, so Felipe and Letizia only experience this mode of transportation when they are abroad. Honestly I am amazed that King Felipe fit inside of the carriage.

TLLK

TLLK

TLLK

Final day in Denmark for the Spanish Royals and the couple signed panes of glass that will be hung with the dozens of other royal signatures from the past century. While there was some distracting news regarding CP Frederik, all in all it was a very successful visit.

Spanish State Visit to Denmark - Day 3 ? UFO No More

QuoteOn Wednesday, King Felipe and Queen Letizia spent their third and last day in Denmark. They first met with Queen Margrethe and signed a glass window panel at Fredensborg Castle as is tradition.

QuoteAfterward, King Felipe and Queen Letizia joined Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary at the Danish Architecture Center.

wannable

ChristinZ
@ChristinsQueens

HM Queen Margrethe will resign on January 14th 2024.

wannable

CoutureAndRoyals
@CoutureRoyals
#BREAKING Queen Margrethe of Denmark will abdicate on January 14th 2024: "I have decided that now is the right time. On 14 January 2024 ? 52 years after I succeeded my beloved father ? I will step down as Queen of Denmark. I leave the throne to my son Crown Prince Frederik."