Diana General Chat #2

Started by LouisFerdinand, July 31, 2017, 01:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

As Riddlesworth Hall goes on the market this week, former pupils remember their old school and the day that Diana, Princess of Wales visited in 1989.

Inside Riddlesworth Hall: the ?eccentric? boarding school that shaped Princess Diana

Amabel2

Diana seems to be receding into the past.  Sad but inevitable?

TLLK

Yes @Amabel2 she does seem to be discussed less and less these days. There are the occasional articles about her but they're typically around her birthday and the anniversary of her death. When the Princess of Wales wears jewelry that Diana wore in the past ie Lovers Knot tiara, sometimes there are photos of Diana wearing it too. However even those seem to be there less and less.

Amabel2

I dont think that there were even some programmes abt her at the anniversary of her death, in August

wannable

Her son H (and Meghan) have taken over by making her their ghost, speaking beyond the dead - in her anniversary the media decided to write that M visited her tomb to ask her what to do and not, astrology, tarot, keeping a piece of hair at his night table, filling the media with their creepy ghost stuff to the point of disrespect - because of their ghost stories, Netflix and the Crown will ''honor'' her by converting her into a Ghost in the last season/episode.  Confirmed! (disgusting)

The couple have made sure to make people forget about her goodness in the world. Basically, the couple have made a joke about her.

Amabel2

I assume you mean that they have made her into a joke, not that they have made a joke about her

wannable

Both. H (and M) in their intent to do 'justice' to Diana, have turned and made of her a joke. Exposing someone's flaws is fair, but it did/does take away the goodness she had. Note that even with H (and M) ghost stories, journalists make fun of Diana - because she would go to a tarotist, astrologer - it takes over the ''narrative''.

i.e. W requesting media and cinematography to respect his mother because of the panorama hoodwinked, deceived interview. H the opposite.  Read their statements, one is filled with empathy, compassionate. The other nope, basically let's expose it.   

Allegedly rumor is H 'next book' is a crime thriller.  People close to Penguin Random House said that it will be based on Fayed's theory of assasination of his son and Diana, the latter being pregnant from Dodi.  This is what Gen Z will remember if H writes it.

wannable

The couple are so self absorbed that everything they do is damage to themselves and to whoever they mention. The person they mention - in this case Diana doesn't have the ability to defend herself or make it stop. 

She has W, but it seems apparent that the BRF have ultimately decided that the couple don't need stopping from anyone, they are their own worst enemy. Some RR have said that W is very very heartbroken about what H is doing - the way H is using his mother. I would like to know what is the true sentiment of H other than the money making priority he has to feed his family (the only way so far is by trashing his family and the dead)

ETA: The BRF decision of not answering back is based on - the couple make a provocation because they want a ''reaction'' from Charles, Camilla, William, Kate.  To keep a soap opera front page news.  It must be very difficult for W (and extended to the Spencer brother and sisters) according to some RR's who have been in the RR career over 35 plus years! There is a big difference honoring your mother - mention of her 'goodness' in a charity vs H mentioning his mother like he is the one and only son stating she is her mentor beyond the grave, having a piece of hair, M pushing the narrative by stating in her anniversary that she want's to go to KP visit her statue to talk to her. The journalists reminding the mass-media that D herself would frequently visit a tarotist, astrologer.  As I said if you push this kind of narrative, it 'takes over'.  I don't know if H is doing it out of spite to his brother, for money, for both things or he's too dense to realize?! ???

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 11, 2023, 02:45:13 PM
Both. H (and M) in their intent to do 'justice' to Diana, have turned and made of her a joke. Exposing someone's flaws is fair, but it did/does take away the goodness she had. Note that even with H (and M) ghost stories, journalists make fun of Diana - because she would go to a tarotist, astrologer - it takes over the ''narrative''.

i.e. W requesting media and cinematography to respect his mother because of the panorama hoodwinked, deceived interview. H the opposite.  Read their statements, one is filled with empathy, compassionate. The other nope, basically let's expose it.   

Allegedly rumor is H 'next book' is a crime thriller.  People close to Penguin Random House said that it will be based on Fayed's theory of assasination of his son and Diana, the latter being pregnant from Dodi.  This is what Gen Z will remember if H writes it.

Below is Harry?s statement from 2021 with reference to the Panorama interview.

Prince Harry Speaks Out About the BBC's Investigation into Princess Diana's Panorama Interview

MORE FROM TOWN & COUNTRY
Darren Walker and Ava DuVernay
preview for Society Section.
Our mother was an incredible woman who dedicated her life to service. She was resilient, brave, and unquestionably honest.
The ripple effect of a culture of exploitation and unethical practices ultimately took her life.
To those who have taken some form of accountability, thank you for owning it. That is the first step towards justice and truth. Yet what deeply concerns me is that practices like these?and even worse?are still widespread today. Then, and now, it?s bigger than one outlet, one network, or one publication.
Our mother lost her life because of this, and nothing has changed. By protecting her legacy, we protect everyone, and uphold the dignity with which she lived her life. Let?s remember who she was and what she stood for.

In what section of that statement  is Harry not showing compassion and empathy for his mother? He has been compassionate about her and her life on dozens of occasions since her death. He has NEVER treated his mother as a joke. Far from it.

As for insinuating that Harry?s Spencer uncle and aunts are estranged from him, where?s your proof? In fact Earl Spencer came out on his Twitter and attacked a female journo on a tabloid after she had a go at his nephew, speaking about his own dealings with her. I linked it here.

There is absolutely no proof that the Spencer uncle and aunts aren?t anything but sympathetic to Harry. After all they realised what Diana had to go through with the BRF, and Earl Spencer?s own speech at her funeral in WA wasn?t exactly flattering to Charles, the late Queen or the men in grey at the Palace.

Please do not spread untruths about what Harry said and didn?t say about the Panorama interview.

And the story about Harry writing crime thrillers and what people near Random House publishing are supposedly saying is just gossip and rumour. There?s no verifiable facts there.

Curryong

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/big-meghan-markle-claim-finally-proven-right-in-the-crown/video/14c0cda9d5a803b2a1d74d1d00ac7dd3

Daniela Elser, an Aussie journalist at Aus News and no friend of the Sussexes, speaks here about the claim Meghan made about life in the RF being isolating and lonely, and how Diana found it that as well is shown in The Crown.

I was a fan of Diana from the time she was seriously dating Charles. I saw her in real life on several occasions in Britain and Aus.

I grew up in a pro Royal Family household but like millions of others of my generation and older my view of the BRF was irrevocably changed by the way Diana was treated during and after her marriage, the petty taking away of her HRH for example.

There may not be new docos on Diana but there are still dozens of them on YouTube that people watch. She?s not forgotten. And that is at least partially reflected in the poll numbers for Charles and even more so for Camilla in the last twenty six years. People don?t forget infidelities of those still alive and seemingly thriving.

wannable

What untruth? Harry statement about the Panorama Interview he shifts the entire blame generalizing the media rather than a *drunk driver and no seatbelt. He does mention her death and the blame to the media culture of writing about famous public people. He did one thing right, isolate himself in Montecito, but when he makes statements he trashes his most famous targets; Charles, Camilla, William and Kate.

What he has written in INK about his mother has backfired horribly, making the media talk about what he and Meghan and their ghostly Diana stories, to then associate it with Diana's frequent tarot and astrology visits. The media are suppose to report even when it's gossip, even when they know the couple are provoking the BRF.  So it's fine for the couple to USE the media but when it's not to their convenience they both get angry.

Since he shifts the blame to the media, he then should honor his own words by making a public statement against his boss Netflix.

You and Daniela Elser prove the RR's right, Meghan's push to relive Diana's claims, including faking a car chase.

wannable

Wiliam focus on the real 'objective' target

''It is my firm view that this Panorama program holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again. It effectively established a false narrative which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialized by the BBC and others.''

Who is going to commercialize the Panorma program, the one and only Netflix, Harry's boss.

wannable

That is why I want to know what does Harry really feel? Why isn't he making a public statement against Netflix? His words come empty when he says one thing but allows it to his pay master.

Whatever C, C, W and C do - he and the wife find ways to disrupt, out of spite, make a buck?! Whatever the ''reason''.  People DO see what the 'cycle' is, including what and how they both use the dead.

Curryong

I am not going to keep repeating arguments with you about Diana and Harry and Meghan, about the Panorama article or anything else. I said what I felt about Martin Bashir and the Panorama interview at the time of the BBC apology and I am NOT going over old ground. I don?t know why you are insisting on rehashing it.

As for Netflix as I have constantly pointed out here the Sussexes are not responsible for the content of the TV series The Crown, which most people know is at least partially fictionalised anyway. Any more than staff and hosts etc employed on various BBC or ITV shows are responsible for other shows? content or for the stance of the heads of their organisations.

I have held the same view about Diana since 1981 when she joined the BRF and I am not going to change now, when she has been dead for over a quarter of a century.

I have held the same views about Harry since 1996 and Meghan since 2016 and I am not going to change my stance now. I have always made my views on Harry perfectly clear and I?m not going to repeat the same views in posts I have already put here a thousand times. Or refute every single thing you decide to put out about their characters and personalities in an unfavourable light.

Any debate with you always ends with how terrible, underhand, deceitful and dreadful etc etc etc etc the Sussexes always are, often using gossip from the internet and anti Sussexite gossipmongers as a source. I disagree with you and with those tactics entirely.

So, we will agree to disagree about Harry and Meghan or you can keep on going, I will leave this forum and you can continue in an echo chamber because sadly most RIF posters aren?t coming here several times a day any more.

PrincessOfPeace

How that handshake from Diana reached right around the world... It was on this day that the Princess of Wales struck a blow for humanity - and for the thousands who were demonised because they had HIV and AIDS -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13287757/Dianas-handshake-world-Princess-blow-AIDS.html

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 12, 2024, 05:05:45 PMHow that handshake from Diana reached right around the world... It was on this day that the Princess of Wales struck a blow for humanity - and for the thousands who were demonised because they had HIV and AIDS -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13287757/Dianas-handshake-world-Princess-blow-AIDS.html

I remember Diana's gesture so well. With that one move she made all those people who acted as if AIDS sufferers had the plague and were demonised look so foolish. She was a wonderful woman who stood out on her own with some of her causes and her work.