Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

Started by wannable, February 28, 2018, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Curryong on July 01, 2023, 12:58:55 AM
Yes, not all of it is bad. However in practical terms that sort of structure has, especially at times when some Households were under strain, led to bitter infighting, rivalries and undercutting each others? turf. Almost like a medieval court, complete with whispers in corridors.

And that intrigues me. Although, the modern corporate environment is no less cutthroat, believe me.

wannable

Yes, the examples VL gives about the top courtiers is typical in corporate environment.  My experience is Vertical positions in a company, always has been (VL proposition)

Other friends have told me about the horizontal positions, same tiger world. One person in particular lived through the vertical (VL proposition) and then horizontal change (to date, which is QE and HMKCIII actual personnel structure) VL proposition is not good or bad, it could be a different experience/experiment.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: TLLK on June 30, 2023, 11:45:46 PM

I have to say that it will likely be one of the most memorable phrases associated with the reign of HLM QEII.

"Recollections may vary" will definitely be one of the most memorable phrases associated with the Sussexes!

Kristeh-H

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on June 30, 2023, 11:59:04 PM
Correct, which is why the phrase is PR gold. That?s judged based on the effectiveness of having the statement be remembered. And it?s quite obvious within the context exactly what the Palace was trying to convey. We?re sorry *they* had found it challenging. Not we?re sorry *we* made it challenging for them, which is what Meghan and Harry were alleging. The Queen didn?t draft that statement herself, it was written for her and she okay?d it. It spoke for the Palace and the Firm as a whole not Granny Elizabeth.

But even though I find it to be brilliant, I say that with the benefit of hindsight. Every single event since then has proven it to be the motto for anything relating to those two individuals. Their recollections seem to always vary when compared to that of others involved in any scenario. So, the phrase?s lasting power is a combination of good writing and it just being 100% correct and proven to be so. Any way you cut it.

Good post!  "Recollections may vary" is a brilliant statement.  As you said, it's succinct, classy, and gets the point across perfectly.  And yes, it's standing the the test of time pretty well.

HistoryGirl2

^Thanks, @Kristeh-H! And like a lot of iconic statements, I doubt the person who drafted it thought it would land as well as it did or remain part of the royal lexicon for years. I did like reading the behind the scenes aspect of it. There?s so much to consider when putting out a statement of that magnitude.

Purely from a PR perspective, their conduct was a masterclass in how to handle a very awkward situation. We?ve seen many companies fumble the bag in similar scenarios.

Curryong

Quote from: Kristeh-H on July 01, 2023, 01:28:18 AM
"Recollections may vary" will definitely be one of the most memorable phrases associated with the Sussexes!

Why, because one of the RF mouthpieces/ men in grey got to have a dig at the Sussexes? None of the royals thought up the phrase for themselves of course. And the rest of the statement? That Meghan and Harry remain much loved members of the family? A lie I guess. Or the statement that the issue about race will be taken seriously? Another lie I expect? And the rest? Meaningless?

Take a look at that whole statement. Not just five words.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on July 01, 2023, 02:10:35 AM
Why, because one of the RF mouthpieces/ men in grey got to have a dig at the Sussexes? None of the royals thought up the phrase for themselves of course. And the rest of the statement? That Meghan and Harry remain much loved members of the family? A lie I guess. Or the statement that the issue about race will be taken seriously? Another lie I expect? And the rest? Meaningless?

The rest of the statement has value.  On a more personal, family level they left the door open, and it has been good for the RF's image for them to take the high road.  But 'recollections may vary' is the part that stands out.  As Catherine said, it was crucial for them to push back against the Sussexes' version of events and it was just the perfect phrase.   

And it still applies as so much of what Harry and Meghan say is contradictory and misleading--or just plain not true.     

Nightowl

Just how can Harry/Meghan *remain much loved  members of the royal family* after the hell they created by telling one lie after another to the point of even getting the Archbishop involved in their lies is beyond me.  Personally I think that  most members of the royal family are very hesitate to be around them when there are  conversations of the family because those conversations just might end up in some  book, interview or a new reality show.  They BROKE the TRUST between them and the royal family, nobody but Harry/Megham is responsible for their choices/decisions in life but them Period!  So why is that so darn hard to understand?

Aren't we here and people the world over responsible for their choices/decisions in their lives?  Big differences is  they blame everyone but themselves for their mistakes in life.

HistoryGirl2

I think you?re misunderstanding what we?re saying. What is remembered and what is true are two very different things. The RF, like any entity, is made up of many different individuals that each have their own opinion. This is a conversation about PR. That statement has been remembered and continues to be brought up again and again and again. It has had lasting power, that?s just a statement of fact. The rest of that statement has not.

You also keep saying this about the men in grey.  Charles, William, Kate, and the Queen all signed off on that statement. Every word was pored over and they all agreed that it was the most appropriate way of saying what they wanted to say about the matter from a public standpoint. From the standpoint of the Firm that was absolutely being attacked.

If we want to read the statement in entirety, then let?s. The summary is: we?re sorry they feel this way, these are very serious allegations that they are levying at us, we love them and wish them well, but we do not remember things the way they remember them.

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on July 01, 2023, 03:08:41 AM
The rest of the statement has value.  On a more personal, family level they left the door open, and it has been good for the RF's image for them to take the high road.  But 'recollections may vary' is the part that stands out.  As Catherine said, it was crucial for them to push back against the Sussexes' version of events and it was just the perfect phrase.   

And it still applies as so much of what Harry and Meghan say is contradictory and misleading--or just plain not true.   

Agreed. They?ve done it so masterfully. Harry is actually a great test case. His image while he was in the Firm (being looked after by those people that he seems to despise) was great, regardless of the many moments where it could have really taken a tumble. Then he goes off on his own, believing that he was being held back from greatness by these people, and now, his image is in the gutter.

It helps that these courtiers think about things from many different perspectives. For example, they could have written a statement ala Harry and trashed them till Sunday, but they didn?t. From a public standpoint, they said what they needed to say without being vulgar or extremist.

HistoryGirl2

Why, because one of the RF mouthpieces/ men in grey got to have a dig at the Sussexes?

Also, since those two individuals have worked overtime to attempt to convince the world that these courtiers have a vendetta against them, I?d like to point out reality.

The original draft didn?t include the statement. It was the Prince and Princess of Wales who pushed for it to be more pointed. And the statement was written by someone who had only recently been hired. The senior officials didn?t want it in there for fear that it would only fan the flames.

Kate Princess of Wales 'played key role' in 'recollections may vary' line

Curryong

The Sun and the revolting Jeremy Clarkson are in trouble again over the column written about Meghan. This time with the Regulator General.

Loading 3rd party ad content

The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) on Friday found the column contained a pejorative and prejudicial reference to Meghan?s sex, in breach of the Editors? Code of Practice.

IPSO has instructed The Sun to publish a summary of the findings against it ? written by IPSO ? on the same page as the column usually appears, which will be flagged on the paper?s front page in print and on the sun.co.uk website.
Excellent.
And it was great to see so many readers of this disgraceful tabloid sticking up for Meghan against a complete chauvinist.

Kristeh-H

Good.  I don't support misogyny or double standards in any way.

HistoryGirl2

^It?s the way of the world these days. People seem to be on a quest to say the most disgusting, ridiculous statements to see who can get the most clout. Crafting intelligent, considered points of view has now fallen by the wayside and the culture is one in which creating controversy by hurtling vile accusations is what?s picked up.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on July 01, 2023, 01:21:21 PM
The Sun and the revolting Jeremy Clarkson are in trouble again over the column written about Meghan. This time with the Regulator General.

Loading 3rd party ad content

The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) on Friday found the column contained a pejorative and prejudicial reference to Meghan?s sex, in breach of the Editors? Code of Practice.

IPSO has instructed The Sun to publish a summary of the findings against it ? written by IPSO ? on the same page as the column usually appears, which will be flagged on the paper?s front page in print and on the sun.co.uk website.
Excellent.
And it was great to see so many readers of this disgraceful tabloid sticking up for Meghan against a complete chauvinist.

Excellent news! Glad to see that the Regulator General and IPSO made this ruling.

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on July 01, 2023, 12:49:32 PM
Agreed. They?ve done it so masterfully. Harry is actually a great test case. His image while he was in the Firm (being looked after by those people that he seems to despise) was great, regardless of the many moments where it could have really taken a tumble. Then he goes off on his own, believing that he was being held back from greatness by these people, and now, his image is in the gutter.

It helps that these courtiers think about things from many different perspectives. For example, they could have written a statement ala Harry and trashed them till Sunday, but they didn?t. From a public standpoint, they said what they needed to say without being vulgar or extremist.

I wholeheartedly agree that this message was subtle, polite while still being direct.

wannable

Instagram: karllarsenphotography
Karl Larsen
Contributing Photographer to Rollingstone Magazine since 1999
Backgrid

Question: What do Slash and Meghan Markle have in common?
1) They both grew up in Los Angeles.
2) Both have Amazing Talents
3) They are both mixed race, but you would never know it, nor do they talk about it.
4) They are both loved in the UK and in America. Most importantly?
5) They both only naturally smile and laugh, for @karllarsenphotography PR plus I am dear friends with both their families #meghanmarkle #slash

Posted 4 hours ago today

wannable

Gavin Burrows Private Investigator
@gavinburrowspi
Private Investigator & Investigation Consultant,
Globalloiinvestigations.com

Prince Harry's Lawyers Allegedly Utilized Hacker Who Paid Private Investigators - Line Of Inquiry

Curious about the recent revelations in The Times article about Prince Harry's legal team. Dive into our latest blog post as we uncover the controversial collaboration with a convicted hacker and the use of private investigators.

Harry & Megan look set to split Harry is permanently renting away from family home only goes to home to visit children - Allegedly

^ BIG NOTE: He is as BAD as the Byline Investigates blogger guys used by Harry's legal team. Although Burrow signs his blogs, the latter sign anonymous (no more)
I have to add that he did prove to the actual case/Judge that H lawyers forged a document with a digital signature of GB. The Judge recommended to H's team to take out GB as a witness, document invalidity.

Curryong

?Harry & Megan look set to split Harry is permanently renting away from family home only goes to home to visit children - Allegedly?.
Wannabe post.

Who is saying that Harry and Meghan are apart and that Harry is renting another home away from the family?
Viable source. please.

wannable

Gavin Borrows the same viable person Harry wanted as a witness.

It?s his tweet

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 07, 2023, 12:50:28 AM
Gavin Borrows the same viable person Harry wanted as a witness.

It?s his tweet

Then he?s probably been watching Angela Levin and Co. The crew on GB News etc would love Harry to separate from Meghan, and their narrative over the past few weeks has been absolutely disgraceful.

wannable

I wouldnt know.

I only have started reading about him with the witness scandal

Ex police turned private investigator career 30 years

Scrolling his tweets he comments on mostly other stuff

Harry stuff 5 percent maybe more

Im still reading when I have time

Curryong

King Charles?s monarchy looks like ?five factions in apparent conflict?, expert claims | Express.co.uk

?Judi James, a body language expert spoke exclusively to Express.co.uk to explain the differences between King Charles's Trooping the Colour balconies and those of his late mother.

She claimed: "The composition of this ?slimmed down? royal balcony pose looks like a gappy smile with several teeth missing.?

?Instead of a smaller, tighter, loyal group it looks like five factions in apparent conflict: Anne and Tim stand awkwardly at one end; William and Kate pose in a glittering but slightly cordoned-off family group; Charles and Camilla take all the goodwill from the crowds in the middle; Edward and Sophie try hard to create some sociable links with the Gloucester?s at the other end.?

According to the expert, King Charles's balcony during Trooping the Colour only reminded fans about who stood there in years gone by.

?Judi suggested: "The gaps only call to mind the people who are missing. Charles once had a mother, father, brother, son and his son?s family to mingle with.

"But each of the gaps now seems to tell its own tragic or murky tale. The dynasty seems to have been dismissed or scattered, leaving this tentative group that is left looking like uneasy survivors of a business cull."

wannable

I like her, but very likely to earn a check, she was given a picture to analyze rather than the more than a dozen full videos of TOC2023 Balcony which paints a tight unit demonstrable since HMQEII passing. C&C are surrounded specifically by let's call it his closest defenders of the crown and Monarchy.

I don't blame her, IF at my job they ask me to specifically analyze one item, I'll do it for my salary. There's a difference of having employment and being independently self employed.

Curryong

Judi James is an independently employed body language expert. She is not employed full time by the Express or any tabloid. So she doesn?t have to rely on a salary from them. And there is no evidence that she was given just one photo to decipher. In fact, from the tone of the article she was picking up what several observers (including on the big Royal forum) said about the few, now very shrunken and quite elderly, royal family at Trooping. That was, that they missed the dozens of adults and children on the balcony, having a chat, having a giggle.

And the Wales children are minors, hardly defenders of the monarchy. We don?t know what Charlotte and Louis will think of the monarchy as adults. We know George is going to be trained to within an inch of his life, like Pavlov?s dogs. It?s happening now. But his siblings? As for the others on the balcony and in the working RF, doddery and elderly is increasingly coming to mind.