Did Grand Duchess Anastasia Survive the Bolshevik Bullets?

Started by cinrit, March 03, 2014, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteIn the early hours of 17th July 1918, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was marched into a cellar of a house in Yekaterinburg and mown down by a firing squad.

Along with the Tsar, those who were thought to have died that morning included the Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna, his son, Alexei Nikolaevich and his four daughters, Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia.

But now a respected Russian historian has now claimed that Anastasia Nikoleavna might not, as previously thought, have perished at all.

Instead, Veniamin Alekseyev believes that the Grand Duchess Anastasia did indeed flee to the West and says he has new evidence to prove it.

More: Explosive new book claims Princess Anastasia DID escape to the West | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on March 03, 2014, 01:05:48 PM
QuoteIn the early hours of 17th July 1918, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia was marched into a cellar of a house in Yekaterinburg and mown down by a firing squad.

Along with the Tsar, those who were thought to have died that morning included the Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna, his son, Alexei Nikolaevich and his four daughters, Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia.

But now a respected Russian historian has now claimed that Anastasia Nikoleavna might not, as previously thought, have perished at all.

Instead, Veniamin Alekseyev believes that the Grand Duchess Anastasia did indeed flee to the West and says he has new evidence to prove it.

More: Explosive new book claims Princess Anastasia DID escape to the West | Mail Online

Cindy
I was under the impression that DNA provided by Prince Phillip proved that the remains found were indeed the Romanovs.

cinrit

I thought so, too, TLLK.  It would be interesting to know what kind of evidence this guy has.  Apparently, the DNA analysis proved that she was a Polish woman by the name of Franziska Schanzkowska.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

lilibet80

She turned out to be a Polish factory worker who looked like Anastasia.  It is possible that she was a genetic product of one of the Russian nobilities illegitimate children who were wandering around the world.  She no doubt had a helper in her fraud, probably Gleb Botkin the son of the Tsar's doctor, but who knows?  I was shocked when the truth came out as I believed she was Anastasia.

amabel

I was dubioius, kind of glad that its been conclusively proved now that she was an imposter, though I don't believe that she was a conscious one...

LouisFerdinand

If the real Anastasia had survived, that is nice. However, she could not have become the reigning Tsarina (Empress) Regnant because of the succession laws being changed by Tsar Paul I.