The Iffy-Wiff Club: The Sussexes Legal Action Part 1

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

wannable

Prince Harry loses application in Mirror phone-hacking trial
The Duke of Sussex?s lawyer made a bid to enter three new witness statements into evidence on Friday morning

The Duke of Sussex has lost a legal application in his phone-hacking trial against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN).
It comes just days after a judge denied the Duke?s application for a legal challenge in his separate legal case against the Home Office.
David Sherborne, the lawyer representing Prince Harry and several other claimants against MGN, made an application to enter three new witness statements into evidence on Friday morning.
He argued the evidence is ?important? and that there was ?good reason? why the statements had not been provided sooner.
Prince Harry loses application in Mirror phone-hacking trial

Basically, to underestand why the Judge denied 3 more 'new' witnesses, is because it would take The Mirror a long time, more homework in looking for ''originators''. What I mentioned as a comment to both hearing's Harry team/Mirror team, the 300/297, conceding 3.  By the way, I understand the file/archive of the Mirror (the work to go back decades and seek from which, where, what newspaper is very very thick.

wannable

^ As I said

Mr Justice Fancourt rejected the applications, saying it ''comes very late'' and requires a degree of investigation on the part of the defendant in order to be able to deal with it.

wannable

Prince Harry Could Lose Up to $20 Million if All His Lawsuits Fail?Lawyer
BY JACK ROYSTON ON 5/28/23 AT 3:00 AM EDT

Prince Harry's multiple lawsuits could cost millions even if he wins, but if he loses them all he could be left with a bill of up to $20 million, a lawyer told Newsweek.

The Duke of Sussex lost his first lawsuit on Tuesday, raising questions about the future of his remaining five cases. A High Court judge ruled he had no grounds to sue the U.K. Home Office over its decision that he could not pay privately to reinstate his police bodyguards. Harry was stripped of his Metropolitan Police security team after he stepped down as a working royal and has been campaigning to get them back.

But the case was just one of six that have been running at London's Royal Courts of Justice, which raises the prospect of an eye-watering legal bill should the rest collapse too.

Prince Harry's Legal Costs
Mark Stephens, a U.K.-based attorney at Howard Kennedy, told Newsweek Harry may be out of pocket even if he wins, but if he loses all the cases, the bill could be somewhere between $15 million and $20 million?more than the price of his California mansion.

"I think Harry has taken it upon himself to sponsor the London legal village, and as a lawyer I welcome that. Whether it's prudent is another matter," Stephens said.

He continued: "People are entitled to go to court, but whether he wins some or all of these cases he's going to come out net down because you never recover, even if you win, 100 percent of your costs.

Prince Harry Could Lose Up to $20 Million if All His Lawsuits Fail?Lawyer

wannable

Nile Gardiner
@NileGardiner
Breaking News:  A Hearing on the @Heritage @OversightPR Prince Harry immigration records case will be held in Washington, DC Federal Court in front of a U.S. Federal Judge at 2.30 pm on Tuesday June 6 in Courtroom 17. The Hearing will be open to the press.

wannable

GB News
@GBNEWS

🚨 Watch Prince Harry in Court live on GB News from Monday.
👀 Prince Harry will be returning to London to give evidence in court trial over hacking.
And you won't have to miss a second of it!
🖥GB News on YouTube GBNews - YouTube

wannable

Harry is a no show

The Judge has told off his lawyers stating it is always anticipated that the witness should be here today and is still giving the Mirror two days (moved Tuesday and Wednesday) to cross examine Harry.

Harry's lawyers basically said H is 'on another level' (above the law); his daughter's birthday, a prince above everyone else in reference to transportation and security issues, these are the excuses given of his no show.

Twitter screenshot of 3 in 1 thanks to @tribesbritannia

Nightowl

**On another level** and **above the law**.....could someone please explain that to me so that I can tell my lawyers to use that in court when confronting the ex.....  :laugh10:.....think it will work .............. :laugh: :laugh:

Boy Harry needs a real *Awakening* as a human being even!  He must think he is God now.

wannable

^ Ordinary people in social media are having a massive meltdown with this no show, from a. those who have been at a court, to  b. lawyers saying what would have happened to a pauper, then the third group of people reading a. + b. spewing more disgust towards this privileged prince.

Instead of reading the thousands of comments, basically a no show means the court HAD 'served him with a summons' due to the fact about the 'anticipation' spoken by the Judge and Harry's lawyer and giving the defendant the Mirror Wednesday. IF he doesn't show up tomorrow he will be served a 'bench warrant', which is much more serious. From there, speculating further is not prudent, although it is happening in SM with questions of what if to lawyers replying, some of them I recognize from the UK website Lawyer.com

IOW for now, a pauper with a no show would have immediately been sought to serve him/her a 'bench warrant'.

wannable

The Times and The Sunday Times
@thetimes
A High Court judge said today he was ''surprised'' that Prince Harry had failed to appear in court to give evidence in his claim against a tabloid newspaper

Harry was ordered by the judge to attend the High Court in London in the expectation that he might start giving evidence in his case against the publisher of the Daily Mirror

Instead Harry flew from Los Angeles only on Sunday evening having spent the day celebrating the second birthday of Princess Lilibet at their home in California, the court was told

Mr Justice Fancourt, the trial judge, expressed his concern at the prince's failure to appear, saying:

🗣 ''I am a little surprised that [despite] the direction I gave . . . that the first witness [Harry] is not going to be available''

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-harrys-absence-from-witness-box-surprises-high-court-judge-bq5jp53j8

Curryong

Yes I can well believe that there have been thousands of negative comments on SM. There is nothing SM caters to more than allowing mobs of people to pile on criticism of those in the public eye they don?t know and have never met nor are likely to.

Judges aren?t swayed by social media comments however, so all these anonymous keyboard warriors spitting their bile might as well have done something else with their time.

The Judge was surprised and annoyed, hardly enraged, and chatter online of ?bench warrants? etc is just a load of over hyped nonsense, people don?t spend hours in aircraft to be in a city they don?t like very much in order to then disappear.  However, I?m sure it?s got anti- Sussexes all fired up with glee. Hope they choke on it, actually, lol!

wannable

It's unfortunate, his lawyer could have given a better excuse.

I feel it's going to be a media and social media frenzy week because the three Harry points mentioned today in the last bit of the hearing is Diana, Chelsy and William. It was so fast, the court had 4 hours 'free' or wasted as the judge said because witness #1 was a no show. Note: Harry is blaming The Mirror for him losing the three above people from his life.

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on June 05, 2023, 06:50:18 PM
^ Ordinary people in social media are having a massive meltdown with this no show, from a. those who have been at a court, to  b. lawyers saying what would have happened to a pauper, then the third group of people reading a. + b. spewing more disgust towards this privileged prince.

Instead of reading the thousands of comments, basically a no show means the court HAD 'served him with a summons' due to the fact about the 'anticipation' spoken by the Judge and Harry's lawyer and giving the defendant the Mirror Wednesday. IF he doesn't show up tomorrow he will be served a 'bench warrant', which is much more serious. From there, speculating further is not prudent, although it is happening in SM with questions of what if to lawyers replying, some of them I recognize from the UK website Lawyer.com

IOW for now, a pauper with a no show would have immediately been sought to serve him/her a 'bench warrant'.

*Bench warrant*, this is not a good idea to dismiss a judge.  Question: would the Bench Warrant be served in the  US from an English judge or would the court wait till Harry was in England to serve it? Smart people do not ignore judges ever as they could land in jail, yet Harry has shown us that he is not that smart, he just thinks he is entitled amd above the law everywhere. Some lessons are hard to learn.   

Nightowl

deleted post

wannable

He's being slaughtered. I personally think today is enough, two days is a circus.

"I don't believe as a witness it's my job to construct the article or instruct which parts were unlawfully obtained or weren't, the journalist should be doing that," Harry says

^Immediately adjourned, lawyers and judge in a private meeting, until tomorrow.

For what it's worth, it IS Harry's job to construct, instruct which part were ''unlawful' as he is the plaintiff to the case, he is the accuser of The Mirror, hence he has to show the evidence of which part is unlawful.  Will he withdraw?

Harry has accused the Mirror stating the Hewitt stories were planted to  oust him from the BRF. He is in denial about the affair Hewwitt & Diana.  The Mirror lawyer and the Judge look concerned by many of Harry's claims.  This is one of example of many coming out today, no factual evidence, he is pouring out his feelings and his mental health illness.  Basically in all the cross questioning Harry blames everyone for his issues.

Personally, I think it is sad to see Harry being butchered at the stand so IF I see any worthwhile development rather than much of the same same (His feelings rather than facts of proof), I'll comment.

Curryong

I do not believe that people untrained in the law and British Court proceedings have much of an insight into what has happened today.
The ABC reporter, from our national broadcaster, doesn?t appear to believe Harry?s getting slaughtered, or even flustered, and their correspondent was present in Court.

Prince Harry testifies in court against Mirror Newspapers Group - ABC News

?Looking serious and speaking firmly but quietly, Harry, the first senior British royal to give evidence for 130 years, said thousands if not millions of stories had been written about him?.?

wannable

^ Fluff piece with no key Questions & Answers happening live as reported by media people in the room.

Chris Ship
@chrisshipitv

Minor in the scheme of things, but odd no one proof reading the witness statement picked up that #PrinceHarry referred to his father as ''His Royal Highness'' King Charles, not His Majesty King Charles which you'd think someone who grew up in the Royal Family might know 🤔

wannable

My last sample, and will comment IF Harry shows factual proof (tomorrow), as I said in one of my previous comment. IF tomorrow is same same rather than a real development in Harry's favor, then IMO why bother, just wait for the final verdict of it all. Note, I want Hary to get paid damages for the ''3'' points the Mirror claims is good for H, but not the 300 and so.

Matt Wilkinson
@MattSunRoyal
Harry claims a three-line story about him becoming parade commander at Eton cadets was gathered illegally. But Green reads out a press release issued by the palace 24 hours earlier announcing the role. Harry says it's ''suspicious''.

Asked if he still maintains the story was obtained illegally despite being shown the press release Harry says ''it's a question for my legal team''

(Request now made for short break)

Green points out that a quote in Mirror article he is claiming damages also appears in Times on same day and asks Harry if he would like to see it, Harry replied' ''probably not''. Green says ''I understand''

Green asks Harry if he continues to claim damages for two articles he replied ''based on legal advice I've been given''

Green has pointed out that quotes in an article Harry is seeking damages are identical to a quote given by his minder and gap year organiser Mark ''Marko'' Dyer to Australian press on same day.

PrincessOfPeace

Andrew Green KC, representing MGN, is essentially arguing that Harry was generally upset by press intrusion - but he can't point to particular articles that caused distress because many of them he probably didn't read at the time.

https://twitter.com/JasonFarrellSky/status/1666021173279305730?s=20 -

This guy is reporting for Sky

wannable

Yes, as I said it's more of ''feelings'' rather than factual proof.   Harry subjective feelings of the media rather than the objective proof. 

IMO as I said it doesn't need 2 days of grilling. Just pay him the 3 claims the Mirror agreed since a month ago and since 2012 when PW was paid 1 Million for 200 plus factual hackings.  It seems to me Harry is angry his brother (and his wife) were hacked a gazillion times more than him. By the way it was reported a month ago the 300 plus people who accepted settlements were paid by the amount of times proved as factual hack by The News Of the World, which offered H the same, but since the amount wasn't equal to that of W, I recall H was offered around 150 to 250K rather than 1M. Harry was and still is  :fuming:

A last sample, Harry said he was hacked since 1996, Green asked him (later) to prove Harry is...whatever you want to think of Harry's state of mind...when did you acquire your FIRST Cellphone, Harry 1998.  :unsure:

And IMO and I'm sorry but that is why courts decide to do drug tests or not to witnesses if required, requested, etc by the defendants or by public petition.  Drug addicts can't remember straight. Memories should come naturally rather than obstructed. I think Meghan is happy with the front page news, either way whatever happens she's the only winner here, can play it as she feels fit.

wannable

Other than Meghan is the only winner who can use all of Harry's doings however she sees fit. The lawyers are in for the money only IMO, what have they done to help Harry in his case, when every point has been proven differently.

He said he was hacked when he took Chelsy to Argentina, the Mirror group showed him a Argentinian national (citizen) who papped a picture of them at the Polo in Argentina and La Nacion newspaper reporting that the young couple are in their country assuming it would be a week or two for the entire duration of the 'polo matches', hence not only the Mirror but every media outlet reported what La Nacion reported with the same picture the 'next' day of the originator in Arg.

He said he was hacked when he went to South Africa to visit Chelsy by the Mirror Group, the Mirror showed Harry an interview the day before he flew to SA where Chelsy's Uncle made an interview stating that Harry is coming to SA to visit.

Between today and tomorrow, the Mirror will dispute the 33 articles that Harry and his team accused the Mirror of hacking. According to journos it will resume at lunch time, calculating that the Mirror will deliver to all parties the old out dated articles with how they got to know, roughly 20 down, 13 to go.

Curryong

wannable

Based on the fact that he has admitted to be a drug addict, I will speculate his demeanor may have been medicated to be calm with a lot of ''I don't know'', ''that question is to my legal team'' and what not.

wannable

Lawyers for Biden administration try to keep Prince Harry's visa PRIVATE as think tank looks to speed up release of application and show whether he lied about taking drugs
The center-right Heritage Foundation had asked the Department of Homeland Security to start fast-tracking its freedom of information request
US bureaucrats repeatedly ignored their request, prompting the think tank to seek an injunction
Heritage wants to know if Prince Harry lied about his past drug use on his immigration forms

Lawyers for Biden administration try to keep Prince Harry's visa PRIVATE | Daily Mail Online