The Monegasque Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, July 20, 2020, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

:xmas4:  A look back at 2021 for the Princely family.

An annus horribilis in Monaco? A difficult year for Albert and Charlene finally winds to an end ? Royal Central

QuoteAs the year approaches its end, everyone takes a look back to evaluate successes and failures, happy and difficult moments and reflects on the events that have marked the times now gone. Royal families are now different. And for the small Principality of Monaco, 2021 was an undoubtedly difficult year, marked significantly by the prolonged absence of Princess Charlene which became worldwide news.

And yet, the year began on a positive note. Following the Sovereign Prince?s 2020 COVID-19 diagnosis, a vaccine was on the horizon, and it looked like the small principality was weathering the consequences of lockdowns and travel restrictions that deprived it of its main income: tourism.

But then, in May, Princess Charlene left for South Africa for a trip that was supposed to only last around ten days. She ended up remaining in the country where she grew up for six months. And in that time, speculation around her situation turned into global headlines.

Blue Clover

A very sad and difficult year for Albert and Charlene. I hope 2022 is much better.

TLLK

Thanks for sharing @PrincessOfPeace . I am glad for Grace and Alexandre that they've forged a relationship over the years. They seem to be involved in their younger half-siblings lives to some extent as well.

TLLK

Princess Charlene has returned! I sincerely hope that her physical and mental well being will continue to improve.

:flower3:

Princess Charlene returns to Monaco ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Charlene has returned to Monaco.

The Princess of Monaco reunited with her family in the principality earlier this week after undergoing treatment for an undisclosed illness for several months outside of Monaco.

The Princely Palace released a statement on 12 March, saying: ?In agreement with her doctors and while her recovery is on the right track, their Serene Highnesses have agreed together that Princess Charlene can now continue her convalescence in the Principality with her husband and her children by her side.?

According to the Palace, she will need a few more weeks to continue her recovery before she can ?gradually resume her official activities.?

They concluded their message by requesting continued privacy for the family and said that Charlene ?still needs peace and calm, The Princely Couple, therefore, asks that their private life and family environment continue to be respected.?

Her return to Monaco comes three weeks after her husband, Prince Albert, revealed that Charlene was ?doing much better.?

LouisFerdinand

It is wonderful that Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella have their mother back in Monaco!

Curryong

It?s likely to be another couple more months or so before we see Charlene out and about her official duties I?d say, but the news of her doing much better is good to read, and at least her children will reap the benefit of her presence in Monaco. It?s hard to say what the future holds for Charlene and Albert considering they?ve had rather a tumultuous relationship full of rumours and separations. However they are now together and well wishers just have to hope for the best.

Curryong

The Palace released two lovely photos for Easter of Albert and Charlene together with the twins in an outdoor setting. It?s been quite some time since we?ve seen the whole family together, in fact the last time was that rather awkward photo op when Charlene returned to Monaco after months in South Africa.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene share Easter photo with twins in first appearance since November | Daily Mail Online

LouisFerdinand

I like the deeper shade of brown of Prince Jacques' jacket. It adds a nice contrast to the lighter hues of his sister's and parents' clothing.

TLLK

The Monegasque twins wish you a very Happy Halloween.  :hall14: :hall2: :hall13:

HSH Princess Charlene on Instagram: "Happy Halloween ?"

While I suspect that Halloween is a relatively recent holiday celebrated in Monaco due to the Irish/American influence of the late Princess Grace, there are some activities that are held in the principality.

Where to celebrate Halloween in Monaco with your children this year? ? europe-cities.com

TLLK

TLLK

Curryong

And aren?t they growing up!  I take a fair bit of notice of Jacques and Gabriella because of the nearness in age to my own twin grandchildren, who will be nine in November. Glad that the Monaco twins? mama Charlene is back with them and looks likely to stay for a while. They must have missed her all those months she was ill.

TLLK

It seems that the family are in a better place this year. Princess Charlene is looking healthier and more engaged lately.

Curryong

Apart again, Prss Charlene in SA, where she appears to be at her happiest, while Albert travels about Europe and to the US. It?s a strange marriage even by royal standards, months apart each year.

They've dismissed rumours their marriage is 'only ceremonial', so why has Princess Charlene retreated home to South Africa while her husband Prince

Amabel2

I think its pretty obvious htat Charlene does not like Monaco or the royal role.  How she feels aobut Albert I dont know

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 24, 2023, 10:26:56 AM
I think its pretty obvious htat Charlene does not like Monaco or the royal role.  How she feels aobut Albert I dont know

Charlene probably feels claustrophobic in tiny Monaco which is terribly built up and prefers the broad horizons of SA. And yes she has always appeared stilted and uncomfortable in her role as the consort to the ruling Prince. However, surely there must have been serious and long conversations about that before the couple married?

It just seems to me to be more and more likely that, though the two got on well enough and were attracted to each other, Charlene at least did not appear to be deeply in love with Albert on their wedding day. And for much of the time since she seems to be rather uneasy when in his company.

I do suspect some kind of arrangement was actually, proposed by Albert before the wedding. Marry me, give me an heir, and stay by my side as consort for a number of years. In return there will be financial comfort for life, and a certain amount of time each year to yourself in Switzerland (where apparently Charlene has a house) and in SA.

TLLK

Princess Charlene attends Association of Monegasque Seniors event ? UFO No More

QuoteThis weekend, Princess Charlene organized a festive event for the Association of Monegasque Seniors on the Place d?Armes.

PrincessOfPeace

As the 'secret payments' Prince Albert of Monaco 'pays to his former mistresses and the children he's had out of wedlock' are unveiled by his sacked accountant, ALISON BOSHOFF pores over the paperwork -

As the 'secret payments' Prince Albert of Monaco 'pays to his former mistresses and the children he's had out of wedlock' are unveiled by his sacked

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Rainier's secret plan to oust his son: Late ruler of Monaco didn't think party boy Prince Albert was 'up to the job' and investigated making Princess Caroline his successor in the late '90s, report claims -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13248499/Prince-Rainiers-secret-plan-oust-son-Late-ruler-Monaco-didnt-think-party-boy-Prince-Albert-job-investigated-making-Princess-Caroline-successor-late-90s-report-claims.html