Denmark-Birthdays and other milestones

Started by TLLK, April 15, 2018, 01:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

As someone on another forum stated, it's a bit ironical that there seems to be a ten day celebration of Fred's 50th birthday by the Royal House and yet he has performed less than ten public engagements in this month.
I know little Denmark doesn't demand a great deal of its royal family but I can't help musing that if the Queen had decided on days and days of private celebrations with her family and friends for her 50th the British newspapers, even in those far more deferential days, would have been beside themselves and there would have been hell to pay.

royalanthropologist

You have a point. The Danes do like their celebrations. I personally found the multitude of banquets and parties for Marguerites' 75th a bit much. Maybe because it is such a popular and old monarchy, they can get away with it. Plus they do not have the rapid tabloids like in the UK.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

Foreign royals set to attend Crown Prince Frederik?s 50th birthday celebration ? Royal Central

QuoteBelow is a list of those royals who have, so far, announced their attendance. The list will be updated when and if other royals reveal who they are sending.

Luxembourg: Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Norway: Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Sweden: King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel

Curryong

Will the BRF be sending anyone to even part of this ten day celebration of Fred's 50th birthday? Answer: Probably not! Same old story.

royalanthropologist

More's the pity. The European royals bend forwards and backwards to attend British events but it is never reciprocated. I can understand QEII and DOE now that they are old. Perhaps even Charles because he is busy and his current wife hates flying but surely W, H, M and C could visit. When they really must go, they send Edward and Sophie which is pretty much equal to a snub since they are so far down the line of succession it seems like an oversight.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

Edward and Sophie are the usual guests/representatives at the continental events, but I don't see anything yet about either of them attending anything. Both have a reception at BP in 5/24. British monarchy site is not showing anything for them being in Copenhagen.

Sophie did attend Harald and Sonja's 80th birthday celebrations, so it is possible that she's the designated guest if they send someone.

I'd be surprised if the Dutch and Belgians do not attend. Spain's attendance seems to depend upon the "nation's mood." Things seem rather unsettled IMO and both have events for the 26th as noted in the article.

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2018, 04:25:14 PM

Princess Mary boards yacht for Crown Prince Frederik?s birthday  | Daily Mail Online

sara8150

Quote from: royalanthropologist on May 23, 2018, 12:44:20 PM
More's the pity. The European royals bend forwards and backwards to attend British events but it is never reciprocated. I can understand QEII and DOE now that they are old. Perhaps even Charles because he is busy and his current wife hates flying but surely W, H, M and C could visit. When they really must go, they send Edward and Sophie which is pretty much equal to a snub since they are so far down the line of succession it seems like an oversight.

We have wait and see who on the lists at CP Frederick?s 50th birthday hardly answer but Fred always close friends CP Victoria and CP Haakon..

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2018, 05:14:38 PM

Crown Prince Frederik's and Princess Mary's visit to Aarhus | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

Crown Prince Frederik?s 50th birthday celebrations : Aarhus Visit

Double post auto-merged: May 24, 2018, 04:28:40 AM

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark dazzles in a lace dress in Aarhus | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Yes @sara8150- The Danes and Swedes are close cousins and they're good friends with the Norwegian royals.

CP family at an unveiling of Frederik's new portrait.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/billedbladet.dk/files/styles/landscape_16-9_8grid/public/media/article/_kgl_boern_01.jpg

Double post auto-merged: May 24, 2018, 08:25:23 PM

QM, CP couple and family viewing  an exhibit on Frederik's life. (In Danish.)

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/videos/673192379686013/

Curryong

The Danish RF really love commissioning portraits of themselves. There have been group affairs featuring the whole family with an artist who adopted a 'Children of the Corn' style, ones of Henrik, Daisy, and Christian by themselves and now some new portraits showing Fred and Mary. Daisy probably thought 'I'll have a portrait painted of my son for this monumental birthday and throw my daughter in law into the mix as well. Original thought!

TLLK

@Curryong-Just don't select that "Flowers in the Attic" or "Children of the Corn" artist!! :P

BTW Belgians and Dutch have  confirmed their attendance at the birthday celebrations. No word on a BRF attendee.

Curryong

I would carefully avoid that particular artist TLLK under all circumstances,  :D but seriously, Daisy and her family have a positive mania for seeing themselves immortalised on canvas. I wonder whether it's Henri's influence!

Curryong

I quite like this photo. Fred has always been quite baby-faced and not shown his age, IMO. However over the last couple of years the greying of his hair and beard have given him a bit of gravitas. Hope he enjoys the celebrations.

Double post auto-merged: May 27, 2018, 02:09:30 AM

Btw, no British royals at the birthday celebrations even though the Scandis and some European royals have gathered in Denmark. Again, complete contempt for other royal Houses by the BRF, in my view.

TLLK

Glad to see that Countess Alexandra is still invited to these milestone family events.

Curryong

Yes, her elder son was also present.  I took a look at quite a few accounts of Fred's birthday and it was a very happy occasion for all concerned. Queen Daisy too was in high spirits and Mary's speech to her husband was very much admired.

TLLK

A place to post about family birthdays, personal anniversaries and other milestones.

Happy Birthday to Prince Felix of Denmark who was born 18 years ago to Prince Joachim and his former wife Princess Alexandra now the Countess of Fredericksburg.

Handsome royal celebrates his milestone 18th birthday - see new photos | HELLO!

QuoteThe Danish royal court shared in the Instagram post that Prince Felix will celebrate his milestone birthday privately with family and friends. The prince is currently eighth-in-line to the Danish throne after Prince Nikolai. Their grandmother, Queen Margrethe, is Denmark's current monarch and her heir is Prince Joachim's older brother Crown Prince Frederik.

Nice photo of Prince Felix surrounded by his father, mother, stepmother, brother and half siblings. Photo was taken at the Danish royal family's private estate in France.

Login ? Instagram

:crown: :bdaycake: :bday7:

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince Felix!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

Blue Clover

Happy Birthday, Prince Felix!  :partaay: