Paris to name square after Diana, PssoW

Started by TLLK, June 01, 2019, 03:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Paris plans to name square after Diana, Princess of Wales ? Royal Central

The city of Paris in France has announced plans to name a square after Diana, Princess of Wales, at the site of the 1997 car crash that claimed her life and that of her companion Dodi Fayed and the driver of the car, Henri Paul. The square is adjacent to the Alma Tunnel where the accident happened.

The square is currently named after Maria Callas, an opera singer. The city council will vote next month on the measure to rename it after Diana, Princess of Wales as it wants to honour Diana for her humanitarian work. Maria Callas also has a nearby street named after her. The square is already home to a golden flame which is in use as an unofficial memorial.

Blue Clover

I think naming the square after Diana would create a memorial to her memory in Paris.

amabel

I don't like the idea at all of naming a square after her at the very site of the car crash

LouisFerdinand

Would it be possible to name a boulevard after Diana, Princess of Wales?

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on June 01, 2019, 03:20:44 PM
Paris plans to name square after Diana, Princess of Wales ? Royal Central
Although it is a nice gesture to honor her humanitarian work, and although I truly love the French and their lovely city of Paris, I always feel a twinge, wondering if perhaps she could have been saved...wondering if their emergency services were lacking.  I went through that tunnel in a taxi and was surprised at how short it is. Surely help could have arrived sooner.