Financial Status

Started by abishai -b, April 05, 2008, 09:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abishai -b

I am the direct heir of the strongest family in India, a family which includes Rabindranath Tagore, Keshab Chandra Sen, and Aruna Asaf Ali.  My great-grandfather, Upendranath, was a successful hotelier in Nainital.  However, he died on horseback, and his sons could not keep the family fortune.

Our family more or less went bankrupt.  My father, Amit Kumar, moved us to America.  I attended Dartmouth College (Hanover, New Hampshire), and I enjoy tennis and soccer and field hockey.  I am a U.S. citizen, and I am currently a minister and student of Jesus Christ, the Holy One of Israel.

My dad plays the New Jersey state lottery everyday.  I am thinking: if we won, our family would regain financial wealth from the hands of the United States government.  If Prince Charles took money from the English Parliament or House of Commons, how would it look?  In America, the lottery is considered a game of chance or luck rather than charity.  The treasure chests are gathered from taxes.  Portions of lottery ticket revenues go toward government spending for the purposes of improving state infrastructure.

So, if our family, which is a "non-reigning" royal house from India, accepted the lottery prize from the New Jersey (or any other U.S. state) state government, what would be the earmark of the Gangulee family's "financial splendor?"  I believe it would be found in the nature of our needs and purchases.  I have college loans to repay, and my father has possession loans (house, car, etc.) to repay. 

My fiancĂ©e is from a very old, very wealthy British-American royal house from Kentucky (USA).  However, as an Indian, I personally count my wealth as the Gangulee heir from my own winnings or earnings.  If my father won the lottery and gave me 10% of the winnings, I would
donate to my college but not much more.  I would still keep my other worldly ambitions (for example, opening a chain of "old world" bistros).

So I am waiting to win the lottery and until and despite then, I believe the Gangulee splendor will lie in the visual quality of our family crests and heirlooms.

Check out my URL website/homepage, it is a family heirloom!

The lottery, however, just might motivate me to investigate other high-end investments, such as pricey automobiles.

If every man were a king, the queens would be very annoyed

Jenee

I know some people who play the lotto every day. I find it a waste of money to be honest. Good luck though!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Anyasha

My great-grandfather was a Romanov Grand Duke and came to America before the Revolution with only the clothes on his back due the looting and destruction of the palaces and their possessions. My family never regained any monetary wealth but we are wealthy in many other important ways!

I wish you the best of luck, just remember that money ≠ happiness. :nod:

dizzylizzy13

But it's a darn good start!  :laugh:

Anyasha

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

QueenK

Quote from: Jenee on April 05, 2008, 09:44:29 PM
I know some people who play the lotto every day. I find it a waste of money to be honest. Good luck though!

I find it a waste too. I know people who have more money than me who play it in hopes they get it. I've never played it myself. I rather work or marry into a millionaire or billionaire family than get caught up in a scam believing I'll get it.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)