Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones for the extended family

Started by princessrose, March 28, 2004, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessrose

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

Hollywoodgirl

I think this might be a lie because there is nothing on

The Official Site about this. I doubt it' true!

princessrose

QuoteI think this might be a lie because there is nothing on

The Official Site about this. I doubt it' true!
Hmm you may be right. However, it has been written about in several papers, which also include that a Kensington Palace spokeswoman saying that the Duke and Duchess were delighted at their daughter?s engagement.

Here is another article
"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

Hollywoodgirl

There are some newspapers that may have seen that and thought it was

true. Or maybe the papers are tabloids. I'm just saying this would be bigger

news. I mean I could write a paper saying a spokesperson said something.

We should just keep up with the official site.

princessrose

QuoteThere are some newspapers that may have seen that and thought it was

true. Or maybe the papers are tabloids. I'm just saying this would be bigger

news. I mean I could write a paper saying a spokesperson said something.

We should just keep up with the official site.
You make a very good point! The official website would be the most consistently dependable, and it is surprising there hasn?t been as much coverage over it as one would normally expect, and there is so little known about her to begin with, so who knows we'll have to see how it will all turn out in the end  :)

Out of curiosity, dose anyone know any websites about Davina?

kwanfan

AnitolaNova

screw_N_scott

so no marrying her off to william

damn now i have to find another cusin of his for him to marry

lol

AnitolaNova

Quoteso no marrying her off to william

damn now i have to find another cusin of his for him to marry

lol
Cousin. :)  

kitkat

Hollywoodgirl, I really like the monkey pic in your sig. Very cute! :D  

Hollywoodgirl

I did a google image search there are so many cute pictures.

TLLK

Another Windsor engagement! :vday2:

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2019, 01:41:34 AM

Quote from: TLLK on November 14, 2019, 12:26:43 AM
Another Windsor engagement! :vday2:

Twitter

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: William and Harry's cousin Flora Ogilvy to marry Timothy Vesterberg  | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 14, 2019, 01:42:13 AM

QuotePrince Harry is not the only royal from the younger generation to find love overseas. While he married an American actress, his cousin Flora Ogilvy has got engaged to a sporty Swede.

The 24-year-old granddaughter of Princess Alexandra is to wed Timothy Vesterberg, 26, who was a professional ice hockey player in his native Sweden.

?We?re engaged,? confirms Flora, a great-great-granddaughter of George V. ?My beloved Timothy asked me to marry him and we?re blissfully happy.?

She shows off her sparkler in this picture taken by her father, the landscape designer and photographer James Ogilvy.

LouisFerdinand

Timothy Vesterberg seems like a very nice man. Flora has a lovely first name. Happiness to Flora and Timothy!   

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Wonderful Birthday to Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, congratulations! I have great sympathy for couples who are marry in these Covid-ridden conditions. I suppose, like Beatrice, they married with just their very nearest and dearest present.

TLLK

Honestly I hope that there is a general shift in expectations for engaged couples in the coming years when it comes to wedding planning. IMHO the bar had been set far too high when it came to the number of people involved in wedding parties and rather over the top receptions.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on October 06, 2020, 02:23:51 PM
Honestly I hope that there is a general shift in expectations for engaged couples in the coming years when it comes to wedding planning. IMHO the bar had been set far too high when it came to the number of people involved in wedding parties and rather over the top receptions.
#
Didn't realise they got married at St James... that's unusual.  ANd I reallly like her dress.. it is ULTRA simple and severely elegant... like her hair....

LouisFerdinand

Has there been any news of Flora Vesterberg expecting a baby?

TLLK

Royal Wedding Rewind: the Duke and Duchess of Kent ? Royal Central

QuoteIt was a royal wedding that made history and brought the House of Windsor one of its most popular ever members. In June 1961, the Duke of Kent married Katharine Worsley. The new Duchess of Kent would go on to be an instant hit and, alongside her husband, spend decades carrying out engagements on behalf of the Queen. Their wedding day also turned an ancient church into a royal marriage venue for the first time since the 14th century. On their Diamond Anniversary, Royal Central looks backs to the royal wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

Curryong

The couple were estranged for a very long time, due to Katherine?s depression following the loss of two babies, but after the Duke had a stroke a few years ago they seem to have reconciled. A Diamond wedding anniversary is truly a special occasion.

The Duchess made a beautiful bride but the tiara she?s wearing on top of her veil (Queen Mary?s bandeau tiara) seems to resemble the one worn by Meghan on her wedding day, though it?s hard to get a clear glimpse of it in these 1961 photos.

TLLK

@Curryong-Yes the Kents have had their ups and downs during the decades, but they do seem to be in a better place now.

Here's the best color closeup that I could find of the bride. Her tiara is a bandeau but it doesn't appear to be the one that Meghan wore on her wedding day.

Duchess of Kent...lovely lovely lady! | Royal weddings, Royal wedding gowns, Royal brides

Here's the blog post from Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor but unfortunately no accurate identification of her wedding tiara.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Duchess of Kent's Gown