The Glamour of State Visits in the early reign of Queen Elizabeth II

Started by Windsor, April 27, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Wouldn't it be magnificent if we returned to hosting such events at State Visits? It would promote the arts, as well as show visiting foreign dignitaries the best of the British Theatre.

wannable

I see the Biden camp has toned down like 🔐 🤐😶 any comments about H&M, when previously he did.

Shut the press with ''Harry and Meghan's issues are personal and it is a private matter''.  :thumbsup:

Also it will be interesting to see what the Biden camp will do with the BRF during their stay.  IF it will be minimized to tea with the Queen or more...

Amabel2

Im surprised that Biden is visiting when we are only just opening up.. but I doubt if he's goig to talk to the queen about the Sussexes.....

wannable

A bit more development.

While plans are still to be finalised,  the Queen, 95, will travel to Cornwall ? where the summit is being held ? so she can also meet the presidents and prime ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan.

As part of a strategy to impress the world leaders,  the Monarch will be joined by Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Also at a later date a State visit is being planned. Autumn?

sara8150

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 27, 2021, 02:02:12 PM
Im surprised that Biden is visiting when we are only just opening up.. but I doubt if he's goig to talk to the queen about the Sussexes.....

Stay topics please due respect for President Joe Biden not mention that

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on May 27, 2021, 12:46:29 PM
I see the Biden camp has toned down like 🔐 🤐😶 any comments about H&M, when previously he did.

Shut the press with ''Harry and Meghan's issues are personal and it is a private matter''.  :thumbsup:

Also it will be interesting to see what the Biden camp will do with the BRF during their stay.  IF it will be minimized to tea with the Queen or more...

Yes BUT!! NO mention about Duke and Duchess of Sussex stay topics please due respect for President Joe Biden visiting to UK

wannable

It was Biden who mentioned them, and now is back tracking in the article, saying it's the Royal family private affair. So his administration killed the Sussex question, at least for now.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on June 02, 2021, 01:16:51 AM
It was Biden who mentioned them, and now is back tracking in the article, saying it's the Royal family private affair. So his administration killed the Sussex question, at least for now.

I?m agreed with that

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen will meet the President of the United States of America and First Lady Jill Biden at Windsor Castle on Sunday, 13th June 2021.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1400408125379862531?s=20

sara8150

Queen to meet Biden: Monarch will host US President and First Lady at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online
June 13 after trooping color

Jill Biden has warm message for Royals and says she's been looking forward to meeting The Queen | Daily Mail Online

Queen will welcome Joe Biden with pomp and ceremony at Windsor | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth Will Meet Joe Biden, Jill Biden at Windsor Castle | PEOPLE.com
June 13 after trooping color

Confirmed: The Queen will finally meet US President Joe Biden at Windsor Castle | HELLO!

Why the Queen won't wear a tiara for meeting with US President Joe Biden | HELLO!
No tiara when President Joe Biden will visit in UK will low profile due coronavirus (COVID-19) till after coronavirus will return for banquet

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57345764

President Biden to meet the Queen at Windsor Castle this month

Joe Biden 'to meet the Queen' during first foreign trip as president to UK

Queen to meet US President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill at Windsor Castle | UK News | Sky News

Biden to meet with Queen Elizabeth this month, Buckingham Palace says ? live | US news | The Guardian

Queen to host Joe Biden and his wife Jill at Windsor Castle - all the details | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Joe Biden's soft spot for Queen after Windsor meeting - ?Reminded me of my mother? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen to meet US President Joe Biden and First Lady at Windsor Castle in June | ITV News

Biden's tea with Queen: 'She reminded me of my mother'; ITV News

The Queen will meet Joe Biden and First Lady Jill at Windsor Castle next week - Mirror Online

Queen to host US President Joe Biden and First Lady at Windsor Castle next WEEKEND

Ahead of the Queen and Biden's historic meeting we look back at all the presidents she's met

The Queen to meet President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden at Windsor Castle ? Royal Central

Biden to meet with Queen Elizabeth on 1st trip overseas as president | GMA

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales will host a reception for world leaders and chief executives of some of the worlds largest companies at the G7 summit in Cornwall, accompanied by his son, the Duke of Cambridge.

Prince Charles was personally asked by Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, to host the meeting focused on climate change, the Telegraph understands.

The Dukes involvement in the reception is indicative of the passion both father and son share on the environment.

Prince William is understood to be supportive of his fathers work on sustainability and his own big environmental initiative, the Earthshot Prize, works with some of the same private sector partners.

Prince of Wales leads charge in climate battle as PM picks him to host G7 meeting

wannable

Roya Nikkhah
@RoyaNikkhah

✔ A major royal diplomatic charm offensive will get underway  tomorrow as the Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the @G7 Leaders reception at the @edenprojectin Cornwall #G7

✔ The Queen the Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge will attend an event celebrating The Big Lunch, spearheaded by
@edenproject

wannable

Roya Nikkhah
@RoyaNikkhah

Prince Charles with Prince William will host @G7 leaders and global CEOs to discuss how the private sector can tackle climate change.

Macrobug67

A place to put all the BRF group events that are happening

wannable

Peter Alexander
@PeterAlexander

NEW:
@FLOTUS
& Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will participate in an early childhood education roundtable and tour of a school in Cornwall, England tomorrow.

Peter works for NBC in the USA, he is the Chief White House correspondent.  Instant news will come from him, who is at Cornwall.

He is not a Royal Rota, the date was suppose to be ''embargoed'', but he says it's happening tomorrow.

TLLK

Thank you @Macrobug67 and @PrincessOfPeace - While these types of summits do always attract international attention, after nearly 15 months of COVID 19 restrictions, it's wonderful to see these types of gathering occurring again.

wannable

I hope they all like fish. 🐟 It's the only main course dish in offer  :laugh:
Or double the starter, cheese, dessert.

PrincessOfPeace

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on June 10, 2021, 10:13:00 PM
Roya Nikkhah
@RoyaNikkhah

Prince Charles with Prince William will host @G7 leaders and global CEOs to discuss how the private sector can tackle climate change.

Yes father and son will host for leaders and global CEO

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 10, 2021, 10:59:43 PM
I hope they all like fish. 🐟 It's the only main course dish in offer  :laugh:
Or double the starter, cheese, dessert.

Indeed, and turbot can be a bit bony so I hope that nobody gets a bone caught in their throat. Wasn?t there any local lamb available? The meal seems to be a bit loaded with cream as well. Pavlova is regarded as a national dish here in Aus and our pavs have cream with the fruit topping. If it?s the same there it will be cream in the petit fours as well. Plus creamy Cornish cheese.