Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones for the York sisters and families

Started by wannable, August 08, 2019, 04:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Wonderful Birthday to Jack Brooksbank!   

:bday4: :bday4: :bday4: :bday4: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

Nightowl

I love Beatrice's gown more than any other wedding gown as it has a life before Beatrice and has a history belonging to past times with HM Queens Elizabeth.  Wearing her grandmother's gown and tiara must of been extremely emotional and very special for Beatrice.

TLLK

@Nightowl I have to agree. Adding to the emotions at the wedding must have been the knowledge that due to the COVID restrictions in 2020 as well as the DoE's health, that this would likely be one of the last milestone family events that he would be able to attend.

TLLK

:bday10: Happy 35th Birthday to Princess Beatrice who was born on 8/8/88!

Curryong

Hard to believe it?s been 35 years since the news broke of Prss Beatrice?s birth. A very happy birthday to her, spent with loved ones!
:bday:

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Beatrice!   
August 8th is also the wedding anniversary of my maternal grandparents.   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

Amabel2

I remember being at a party when Eug was born, and her name was anounced in the papers and someone said to me rather rudely that I must be makng it up - I presume the name seemed so weird.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 18, 2023, 03:14:42 PM
I remember being at a party when Eug was born, and her name was anounced in the papers and someone said to me rather rudely that I must be makng it up - I presume the name seemed so weird.

I think some people did think it was a strange name. I remember my late mother in law being negative about it. I wasn?t. I thought Eugenie was quite unusual but nice. Really love the name Sienna, though.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 18, 2023, 03:14:42 PM
Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain's second name of Eugenie is after Empress Eugenie of France, the spouse of Emperor Napoleon III of France.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on September 18, 2023, 11:14:02 PM

Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain's second name of Eugenie is after Empress Eugenie of France, the spouse of Emperor Napoleon III of France.

Yes the Empress was Ena?s godmother and a longtime and devoted friend to Queen Victoria. I wasn?t surprised that Fergie chose the names she did for her daughters. She was immersed in the life and times of Queen Victoria for several years.

TLLK

Curryong

Five years and two little children later! May their happiness continue on !

Curryong

Fun video. That was such a nice wedding, in spite of Andrew insisting on extravagances like marching Guards, and the Brooksbanks are a great little family.

LouisFerdinand

I do like the selection of the name August Princess Eugenie and Jack chose for their son.