The Princess of Orange Discussion and Current Events

Started by TLLK, May 28, 2021, 01:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Amalia is a sweet young woman. She is growing on me!

TLLK

The Princess of Orange is interning at the Oranje Funds office during her gap year. Here are two photos of her during this time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbaU2AKs1fD/

And Prive magazine (Dutch tabloid) has had to apologize for its front cover photo which it claimed was Amalia. Turns out it was another woman.  <_<

LouisFerdinand

Did Prive magazine refer to the Princess as Amalia or as Catharina-Amalia?

TLLK

Dutch Princess Amalia hopes to reveal study plans in next few months ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Amalia of the Netherlands, the Princess of Orange, has said she hopes to reveal her university plans in the coming months.

The 18-year-old heir to the Dutch throne revealed her timetable during King?s Day to celebrate her father?s birthday on 27 April.

The Princess of Orange said she hoped to reveal her study plans in the ?coming months.?

She is not yet sure where she will study and told Dutch media, ?Well, we don?t know yet; it?s still a bit exciting. I hope to be able to say something in the coming months and make a choice.?

She added that Maastricht, the host city for this year?s King?s Day, is ?a beautiful city.?

Princess Amalia graduated from high school in June 2021 from Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet in The Hague. She has since been on a gap year where she has focused on volunteer work.

She enjoyed working with organisations like the Oranje Fonds because they are ?things that really helped me to move forward, creative and educational things.?

TLLK

Princess Catharina-Amalia to attend the opening of parliament for the first time ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, 18, will attend the opening of the Dutch parliament for the first time this year.

Princess Amalia, as she is commonly known, will attend Prinsjesdag (Prince?s Day) for the first time on 20 September.

Prinsjesdag will take place at the Koninklijke Schouwburg in The Hague this year ? a change in location from the Ridderzaal in parliament?s building.

This will be the first Prinsjesdag since Amalia turned 18 in December 2021. The Princess now can act as Regent and has a seat in the Advisory Division of the Council of State of the Netherlands.

Prinsjesdag takes place each year on the third Tuesday of September; it sees the monarch address a joint session of the Dutch parliament (States-General of the Netherlands) from the throne to talk about the government policy for the following year.

The King, Queen, Princes Constantijn and Princess Laurentien usually participate in the day?s events, which end with a balcony appearance at Noordeinde Palace.

TLLK

Princess Amalia won?t join Amsterdam student society after sexist remarks ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Catharina-Amalia has no plans to join the Amsterdam Student Society when she begins her university studies in the capital city this autumn following public outcry over comments made by male members of the Amsterdamsch Studenten Corps.

The Netherlands government press office, which is responsible for releasing official information on the Dutch Royal Family, confirmed that Princess Amalia will not join the ASC/AVSC (the Amsterdam Student Corps and the women?s branch, the Amsterdamsche Vrouwen Studenten Vereeniging) after a video began circulating of comments made by male students that referred to women in derogatory terms.

The government office, often referred to as the RVD (Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst, or in English, Government Information Service), did not offer up a specific reason as to why Princess Amalia has declined to join the Amsterdam Student Society, just confirming that she would not be a member.

The chair of the ASC/AVSC, Heleen Vos announced her intentions to resign her post after the controversial comments came to public attention, saying, ?As rector, I cannot and will no longer continue to take responsibility for incidents and behavior of members that exceed my personal limit.?

The student society was already under fire for hazing rituals related to new society members.

Nightowl

Cheers to this young lady and future queen in showing she can and does stand up for her own principles and thoughts about life as a woman.  I see a strong woman there learning and making her own decisions on what is important to her and her future.

TLLK

The Princess of Orange will accompany her parents on her first official royal tour in early 2023.  :Jen:

Princess Amalia to undertake first royal tour ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Princess of Orange is poised to undertake her first official royal tour early next year when she accompanies her parents to the Caribbean parts of the kingdom of the Netherlands.

The Dutch Royal Court announced the news on September1 2022, revealing that Princess Catharina-Amalia will join King Willem-Alexander and Queen M?xima in February 2023 for a tour of Aruba, Cura?ao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.

The court said that Princess Amalia is joining her parents to ?get to know the countries? that make up the Caribbean part of the kingdom of the Netherlands.

Curryong

I hope Amalia has a great time touring the Netherlands parts of the Caribbean, it?s a very interesting and lovely part of the world. Also hope that these royals don?t receive the sort of reception the Cambridges and Wessexes did on their tours. 

TLLK

Amalia arrives at the University of Amsterdam to begin her studies.

Beelden | ANP Foto

QuotePrincess Amalia arrives at a branch of the University of Amsterdam on Roetersstraat to herald the start of her studies in the presence of the press. Amalia will follow a bachelor's degree in Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE) at the UvA.

Nightowl

Good for her and a heavy work load will surely keep her busy at the books.  So nice to see her getting that education that is so needed even for a royal princess.

TudorQueen

The official photos from instagram. She looks excited for this leg of her education. :flower3:

Koninklijk Huis on Instagram: "De Prinses van Oranje komt aan bij de Universiteit van Amsterdam voor haar eerste college. Vandaag start zij met haar

I like the degree she chose. Not actually 3 majors but official combined program. A good basis for her future role.

Excited to see her first tour as well. Glad they could work it in with university, school of course top priority for now.

Macrobug67

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/1580592097526022146
Dutch Princess Amalia, 18, no longer lives in a student housing in Amsterdam because of threats, King Willem-Alexander and Queen M?xima told press. She is back at home and only leaves the house to go to uni. ?This has major consequences for her life, it?s very hard for her.?

Poor kid.  That?s so unfair to her.  This is her time to enjoy uni life before all the responsibilities.  What goes on in these creeps minds that this is ok to do.

TLLK

That's horrible @Macrobug67 .  I know that her role comes with security concerns, but this was supposed to be the opportunity to live as a student before royal duties begin.

Video of her parents addressing the situation.

M?xima en WA over bedreigingen Amalia - YouTube

QuoteQueen M?xima tells about Amalia couldn't go to her student home in Amsterdam. "You probably heard about the news about this. It has enormous consequences for her life. It means of course that she doesn't live in Amsterdam.And that she cannot really go outside.
Those consequences are very hard for her. So for her it is not a student life as any other students. I am really proud of her how she is coping with this, I honestly have to say," says the Queen. "You can see it, I get a bit emotional of course. It's not nice to see your child not having fun."

Curryong

This is pretty horrible. Threats from organisations or individuals I wonder? Amalia can?t stay at home for ever. How are they going to address the situation? A foreign uni next year?

TLLK

It gets even worse as PM Rutte has also been threatened.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on October 13, 2022, 11:06:54 PM
It gets even worse as PM Rutte has also been threatened.

I would imagine others, including the King and Queen, have similarly been threatened but the police and the equivalent of MI-5 are going to have to root these people out and deal with it.

Macrobug67

I read its Morocco Maffia  I have honestly never heard of that before. 

QuoteThe safety of the teenage princess is in jeopardy due to the nefarious designs of the infamous 'Mocro Maffia' - a division of the Moroccan Mafia operating in the Netherlands which is believed to control roughly a third of all *** traffic in Europe.

Not sure why d r u g was censored out. 

Nightowl

Not sure either why that word, drugs, was blotted out. They are out there loud and clear and on the news daily so the world has to find a way to get rid of them and those that deal with that junk.

It is so sad that this young lady just because of who she was born to be is threatened by idiots who want to damage as many people as they can all for Money.  Is there anyway she can still attend classes and be with her friends even with security being close by?  Maybe some sleep overs with friends at the palace would help ease the tension.

Blue Clover

It's so sad! Amalia looked so happy when she was seen starting University.

TLLK

Suspect in criminal case denies he?s behind threats against Dutch Princess Amalia ? Royal Central

Ridouan Taghi, the main suspect in the so-called Marengo trial, has denied any involvement in the threats against Princess Amalia, the heir to the Dutch throne.

It was recently announced that Princess Amalia had been receiving threats and had moved out of her student housing in Amsterdam. Due to the increased threat level, she now only leaves the house to go to classes.

Her mother, Queen M?xima, gave an emotional statement in which she said, ?The consequences of this are very difficult for her. There is no student life for her, as there is for other students. I am very proud of her ? the way she manages this.?

When asked how this affected him as a father, King Willem-Alexander said, ?I cannot describe it. It is really difficult.?

Ridouan Taghi has not formally been named as a suspect in the case of the threats against Princess Amalia. The statements on 28 October came as he was being questioned as a witness in the case against his cousin Youssef, who is suspected of trying to break Taghi out of prison.

Ridouan Taghi is currently standing trial for murders related to organised crime, drug trafficking and leading a criminal organisation. He is being held in a maximum security prison in Vught, and the trial is being held in a high-security courtroom called The Bunker.

TLLK

Princess Amalia?s stalker wants to end treatment ? Royal Central

QuoteThe person convicted of threatening Dutch Princess Amalia two years ago wants his TBS treatment to end. However, the Public Prosecution has asked that the treatment continues for two years.

The Zwolle resident, only known as Wouter G., was sentenced to three months in prison and mandatory treatment of up to four years for sending threatening messages to the Princess of Orange.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 27, 2022, 02:47:07 PM
Princess Amalia?s stalker wants to end treatment ? Royal Central

Yes, I?ll bet he does! No surprise there. I think it will be much much better for this individual to complete the course of treatment that?s been ordered.

TLLK

The Princess of Orange was introduced to the different branches of The Netherlands' military during 2022.    :RAFWilliam: :mil5:  The Royal House has shared different photos from her visits throughout the year. (Click on the link to see the photos).

IN PHOTOS: Princess Amalia introduced to branches of Dutch military ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Amalia, the Dutch heir to the throne, has been introduced to the different branches of the Dutch military.

The 18-year-old has been introduced to the Royal Netherlands Air Force, the Royal Netherlands Army and the Royal Netherlands Navy over the past year. The Royal House of the Netherlands just released photos from that year of the Princess visiting the different branches and taking part in exercises.

At this point it has not been announced if Amalia will go through military training like Belgium's Elisabeth. Typically most male heirs to the throne do some form of service in their lifetime, but the female ones have traditionally not participated in it.I believe that  Sweden's Victoria did a modified version.  I'm curious to see what Amalia's close in age peers: Leonor and Ingrid Alexandra are going to do in the future.

PrincessOfPeace

Royal Decree 374/2024, of April 9, by which the Grand Cross of the Order of Isabel the Catholic is awarded to Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands.

The appointment comes ahead of the state visit from Spain to The Netherlands

https://x.com/RickEversRoyal/status/1777970583763820550