Catherine -Scouting UK

Started by wannable, March 21, 2019, 12:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @UKScouting at Gilwell Park on Thursday 28th March to learn more about the organisation?s new pilot to bring Scouting to younger children.

The visit to Gilwell Park will also celebrate the site?s 100th anniversary year.

Double post auto-merged: March 21, 2019, 03:27:05 PM

Perhaps Catherine will be given or named the new Royal Patron.

To date
The Patron  Her Majesty The Queen is the Patron of The Scout Association.
The President His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent is the President of The Scout Association

Princess Cassandra

If she is given this patronage, perhaps her children will be part of scouting. 

wannable

Possibly, HMQEII is the actual Royal Patron, so it wouldn't surprise me if she is announced the same day of the visit.

TLLK

Yes I would be interested to see  if she does take on a more prominent role in UK Scouting.

wannable

TLLK

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "? The Duchess of Cambridge joined young children taking part in @UKScouting?s pilot scheme to explore the potential of

Double post auto-merged: March 28, 2019, 01:05:21 PM

Interesting that Scouting is now opening there program to the youngest school age groups. The age for beginning Beavers is 5 3/4-8 while the Girl  Guides' Rainbows starts for those aged 5-7.

Curryong

Don't the British Girl Guldes have Brownies any more, I wonder? I was briefly a Brownie at the age of about seven. Brownies then became Guides at the age of about 71/2-8. Boy Scouts had a junior branch called Cubs, similar ages to Brownies, five to eight.

I know that for the last couple of decades Scouting and Guiding in the UK has unfortunately suffered from a lack of adult volunteers coming forward to help instruct young ones, go camping with them etc.

TLLK

Yes @Curryong according to the GG website the Brownies still exist for slightly older girls. Brownies follow the Rainbows. Regarding volunteers, we have the same issues in the U.S.  :(

Princess Cassandra

The picture of her with that adorable little girl is wonderful.  She is certainly drawing positive attention to scouting - hopefully new members and volunteers as a result.

Princess Cassandra

So glad this event got some coverage, as it may help to bring more kiddoes and volunteers into scouting. 

wannable

Well, I hope Her Majesty gives/transfers the patronage to her, or better yet the DOK gives/transfers the Presidency (last visit 2015).  She has more pull to the Scouts IMO.

Kate associaton was a 'volunter' whilst in Wales (Anglesey).

She was also a Brownie, the Scouts Edingburgh Award - Kate was a Gold recipient of the EA during her highschool years (Extra Curricular activities that must be completed; gold silver and some other kind of lesser check list EA awards).

I think she would be the right choice.

Macrobug67

Announcement on their Twitter account.   Kate joins The Duke of Kent as Joint President

Twitter

PrincessOfPeace

We are so pleased to announce that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge today becomes Joint President of the Scouts, working alongside HRH The Duke of Kent to champion the power of Scouting and oversee the council - our governing body.

More: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge marks start of Joint Presidency by thanking Scouts volunteers | News | Scouts

wannable

Great, eventually she will end up as President of both the Scouts and Tennis.

PrincessOfPeace

The Scouts ethos of dedication, inclusivity, and lending a helping hand wherever one is needed resonates across the generations, and as such I am delighted to welcome The Duchess of Cambridge as Joint President, and to work together to continue that legacy.

- The Duke of Kent

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cambridge visited Cub and Beaver Scouts to mark her new role as joint president of The Scout Association.

Duchess of Cambridge Toasts Marshmallows with Scouts - YouTube

PrincessOfPeace

Bear Grylls has paid tribute to Catherine with an Instagram post:

Great memories from Windsor Castle, and our Queens Scout Parade, 2013. This was the first ever official solo engagement of HRH the Duchess of Cambridge, our joint President of @scouts - she has gone on to do so much and to encourage so many. Modest, selfless and kind. An inspirational example to all our volunteers at this difficult time. *Your Royal Highness, so many of us are so grateful to you - and always here for you too.*

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMrNLFCnM6B/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

wannable

How to say secretly working  using graceful words; modest (humble, unpretentious, unassuming) and selfless (altruistic, generous, charity).  This doesn't need marketing and promotion, they actually need, as per the last link a couple of years ago, more volunteers because of the huge amount of guide (girls) and scouts (boys)(they should merge) in the entire UK, can't remember the amount, but it's an extracurricular activity that relieve parents for a few hours or day or weekend when with field events.

I think this is something Kate can encourage 'early years' programs, outdoor activities is so important for MH wellbeing, physical activity, neuron motor brain activity (rather than stuck to a pc game) etc.

PrincessOfPeace

Scouts CEO praises 'charming' Princess of Wales' ability to 'put people at ease' and reveals 'what you see is what you get with Kate'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13315301/Scouts-CEO-praises-charming-Princess-Wales-ability-people-ease-reveals-Kate.html