A Princess is born in Denmark!!

Started by Ladybee, April 21, 2007, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladybee

Toujours

its in danish.  :(
good news though!  :happy:
ElizabethII-ite: #0003Maryite #0002Willite #0054Harryite #0071Cheesite #0004Flirtite #15 :kisskiss:
My name is Toujours. I sleep in a padded cell. Wisely enough they give me an ample supply of choc

Countessa

It's a girl!
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/21/europe/EU-GEN-Denmark-Royals.php
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21599264-2,00.html

Congrats to Mary and Frederik! I had a feeling it would be a girl. The Danes wanted a little princess and Mary never disappoints even when it's out of her control it seems.

Toujours

i wonder what theyll name her.  :woo:
ElizabethII-ite: #0003Maryite #0002Willite #0054Harryite #0071Cheesite #0004Flirtite #15 :kisskiss:
My name is Toujours. I sleep in a padded cell. Wisely enough they give me an ample supply of choc

Nighthawk

So wonderful I can't wait for more pictures.

Countessa

The world's new little princess's official birthday http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/07/pr2.jpg
...the same day as her cousin, Queen Elizabeth II

brokenxhearts.

Congrats to Mary and Frederick.
Can't wait to hear her name.

peace will come when the power of
love
overcomes the love of power.
[ Jimi Hendrix ]
My name is brokenxhearts.

Siempre Vuelva

We have to wait for a long time to hear her name, until the christening - 3 months or so?!  :shrug:
But danish "experts" say that the names could be:

Margrethe - after her paternal grandmother (this name as her first name)
Ingrid - after her paternal great-grandmother
Henrietta - after her late maternal grandmother
Creator of the orange feeling - Roskilde Festival 2007
If you ain't Orange, you ain't Cool Fedup-ite #0013

Those who touch people's hearts will live forever, Diana touched millions. 

Un temps pour enfanter, et un temps pour mourir. Un temps pour pleurer, et un temps pour rire!
Willite #0081Harryite #0085Nonkateite #0004Dianaite #0006Colinite #0001

princessealiénor

congratulation!!!!!! :Royal: :Royal: :Royal: :Royal: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

MapleLeaf

I rarely post on this board, but I like CP Mary.  :flowers:  Congratulations to CP Frederick and CP Mary on the birth of their own special little bundle of joy.  A baby is a blessing, and I'm glad that mummy and baby are doing well.  :flowers: :Royal: :baby:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Pri

It's baby season!!!! Congrats to Fred and Mary for their little baby girl!!!

For names the experts predict, I think I like Ingrid the best. I'd prefer if they chose a different name entirely though.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

dizzylizzy13

Wow, I just realized the three Crown Princesses who were pregnant and due this spring have all had (or in Letizia's case, going to have) girls: Maxima, Mary and next, Letizia's daughter -- congratulations to Mary, how exciting  :hug: :flowers:

Even our Forum Crown Princess Lola had a girl this month ... :yipee: :banana:

Girls rule and boys drool  :drool: :thumbsup:

Wombat

:yipee: Another part Aussie born into royalty...we're slowly but surely spreading throughout the world :devil:

Congrats Mary, Fred, Christian and baby :flowers:

dizzylizzy13

Hey, maybe you could send them a "Made in Australia" t-shirt -- wasn't she conceived there?  :shrug:

Wombat

Dunno :blink: Was she? :teehee:

I think they should call her Sheila ..honouring her Aussie heritage :windsor1:

Windsor

I would not be surprised if The Crown Princely couple name their newly born daughter Elizabeth. :)

Jenee

^ I have a feeling you will be naming your first born daughter Elizabeth! :happytears:

So there is no law about what she can be named... like the son had to be either Christian or Frederik?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Pri

They have a law that the sons have to be called either Christian or Frederik?!!? :blink:
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Nighthawk

Quote from: Pri on April 22, 2007, 02:48:10 AM
They have a law that the sons have to be called either Christian or Frederik?!!? :blink:

:shrug: :hmm: :unsure:  a law to tell you that you have to name you children those two names  :unsure: :blink:

sillyjobug

I don't know anything about Christian having to be named either that or Frederik, but I do know that in Denmark there are some laws about naming children. There's basically a big book of names that are considered "real" names which you can use for your child. You couldn't go "I'm going to name my child Apple" (although in Danish) over there...it has to be a real name.

And congratulations to the couple! :) Little girls are adorable!!!
Harryite #0094   

Jayne

Varya

Who decides what is a 'real name'? ???

And Congratulations to CP Mary and CP Frederik!!! :D
Can't wait till cute little pics of her are released!
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

hippie_cyndi

Congrats 2 Mary and Fred....1st princess 2 be born since 1946....and she shares same birthday with QEII :yay:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Jenee

Quote from: Pri on April 22, 2007, 02:48:10 AM

:happytears: Not ALL sons!! Just the future King!!!!

Here we go:

QuoteIt is a Danish tradition that the names of that country's princes' alternate between Christian and Frederik.

the age

I was just wondering if there was a similar tradition for the girls
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore