A Princess Under Pressure

Started by Josephine, September 10, 2006, 05:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassidy

I've been to Copenhagen and Paris and I really didn't feel much difference. In Paris everyone at the general tourist places spoke English, even if I tried to speak French. But that's probably because there was a long line and it was quicker and easier that way :shrug:

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Wombat

I think this needs to be moved to the Mary and Fred board at the top of the Danish RF page...I'll leave a redirection :happy:

QB

Quote from: dizzylizzy on September 17, 2006, 09:22:54 PM
That's good and sneaky, QB.
When I  last went to France (and this was PRE Iraq when they didn't hate us quite so much) my German husband suggested I should speak in German first, that way they'd be friendlier ...(I found country French are nicer than Parisians, but I think all city people are usually just ruder and more of in a hurry) ... I tried this bizarre little experiment and sure enough, as long as I started out with, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" they WERE friendlier.
Hadn't thought of the Aussie thing, and maybe Irish works, too?

Who knows? I imagine there are a few races you could say, but I just know that as an Australian, it makes a lot of difference if they know you are Australian. So not sneaky if you are!  :P
Why is you pickin on me? Is it cuz I is   ginger, aiii? –Arri G

Wombat

I agree...one of my friends went to the greek islands and they said some of the greeks didn't like kiwis...and when they were there the locals thought they were from NZ until the crew piped up and said that they were aussies and then the locals were really nice :shrug: Apparently the kiwis have a bad name for being drunken louts over there :mellow: Personally I think it was a bunch of drunken aussies pretending to be drunken kiwis :devil:

QB

Why is you pickin on me? Is it cuz I is   ginger, aiii? –Arri G