British Royal Prerogative

Started by Windsor, February 06, 2006, 01:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Cameron seeks to limit Blair's use of Royal Prerogative

QuoteDavid Cameron will today call for Parliament to curtail the ability of the Prime Minister to use the Royal Prerogative to declare war or sign international treaties without first consulting MPs.

Royal Prerogatives are a series of powers officially held by the Queen that have been passed to the government of the day. They enable decisions to be taken without the backing of, or consultation with, Parliament.

News

T125eagle

hmm. but does the Queen make the decision or does the PM made the decision, without consulting the Queen, in her name?
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

Jenee

i THINK the PM makes the decision in the Queen's name.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

T125eagle

but does the Queen know about it at all or does she hear it on the teley like everyone else?

Jenee

i have no idea. don't they meet once a week? maybe they discuss that stuff then. I"m sure he'd let her know, as a courtesy.

T125eagle

lol, i would hope so Jen. the Queen might have to use the pistol in bbb's avator if he doesnt!

Jenee

Lila the Flirt

:happytears: The Queen is a Constitutional Monarch which means she has to remain impartial to politics. I'm sure they'd at least notify her of the goings-on in the government, especially this one. It's called Royal Prerogative after all.  :) Windsor?

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: