Prince Andrew-A New Chapter

Started by TLLK, January 14, 2022, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

He only damaged his own reputation, that is not him trashing his own family.

Colluding as a trade ambassador for HM Government - he was subsequently asked to step down or made redundant. July 2011

Any position where there is money dealings for a organization, company or for government - colluding is when you successfully do the deal for them you take a piece for you or you make two deals - one for the government another for you. 

A shell company in the UK is not illegal. But after the Guardian disclosed that some members of the Royal family had shares in a shell company, some pulled out others did not.  Any other information on their ''private investment'' in the UK is private like anyone else. So I'm 99.9% sure those who pulled out - invested elsewhere rather than stay at a shell company that leaked to a news media.

TLLK

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 04, 2023, 10:04:52 AM
Anderew is never going to work as a royal again and is probably resigned, however unhappily, to a private and quiet life.  But the RF is not gong to beat him wth a stick, he is still part of the family and for the queens sake, if nothing else, they will treat him as such

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with Andrew joining in with private family celebrations like any other member of the family. Granted he was more present in the latter part of 2022 and in May of 2023, but that was largely due to activities associated with QEII's passing and KCIII's coronation.  He's no longer a working member of the BRF, so his public "sightings" are largely limited to the occasional view of his riding or driving around Windsor. 

TLLK

Government documents detailing Prince Andrew's correspondence and dealings as trade ambassador will be kept secret until 2065 | Daily Mail Online

QuoteGovernment documents about Prince Andrew will be kept secret until 2065, it is revealed today.

The Duke of York?s correspondence with Ministers, including details of dealings as a trade ambassador, will not be released in his lifetime unless he lives to be 105.

The timeframe for Andrew, 63, came to light in response to a Freedom of Information (FOI) request made to the Foreign Office.

Under normal rules, records transferred to The National Archives at Kew from government departments are kept secret for 20 years. But special dispensation is awarded to the Royal Family.

Documents relating to Andrew?s brother, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, and Princess Alexandra also have the same time gap ? 105 years from their birth ? for release.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 04, 2023, 11:58:08 AM
He only damaged his own reputation, that is not him trashing his own family.

Colluding as a trade ambassador for HM Government - he was subsequently asked to step down or made redundant. July 2011

Any position where there is money dealings for a organization, company or for government - colluding is when you successfully do the deal for them you take a piece for you or you make two deals - one for the government another for you. 

A shell company in the UK is not illegal. But after the Guardian disclosed that some members of the Royal family had shares in a shell company, some pulled out others did not.  Any other information on their ''private investment'' in the UK is private like anyone else. So I'm 99.9% sure those who pulled out - invested elsewhere rather than stay at a shell company that leaked to a news media.

You are not seriously suggesting are you that if any of Andrew?s nefarious financial dealings came out during the time he was trade envoy, that it wouldn?t have damaged the BRF?s and Britain?s reputation abroad as well as his own?

The only reason he was appointed to the semi-official position was because he was the Queen?s son. Therefore any actions he took as Envoy or in his private life, would reflect on the Crown.

And judging by the many articles about nefarious dealings, friendships with foreign oligarchs, and strange and entitled behaviour during those years it appears that he never facilitated anything on behalf of Britain and on several occasions caused embarrassment for British Trade delegates.

Curryong

I don?t find that surprising at all. Monarchs wills have always been unavailable. Secrets are there to be safely hidden as far as powerful elites and their families are concerned, and that includes the BRF. There was no FOI a hundred years ago or more but the Palace acted swiftly to make sure that nobody laid hands on the will or private papers of Prince Frank, Queen Mary?s playboy brother, who died prematurely, leaving his mother?s emeralds to his mistress. Mary wrestled them back, into her care!

And any private papers dealing with Prince Philip?s affairs (in more than one sense of the word) will be very interesting to historians when they finally are revealed. Those that haven?t been destroyed already of course. As will Prince and Princess Michael?s dealings with Russian oligarchs. As for when Andrew and Fergie finally pass, mass bonfires at Royal Lodge I expect, much more numerous than Prss Margaret disposing as she did in similar fashion, of her mother?s correspondence with and about Diana and others.  People in power will always protect their own.

Nightowl

^
It is not just the rich and famous who will protect their families but most smart families will do the same, burn anything that should not be made public.

Amabel2

well in the good old days of queen victoria, it was considered good practice to destroy all private letters.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on September 05, 2023, 07:37:43 AM
^
It is not just the rich and famous who will protect their families but most smart families will do the same, burn anything that should not be made public.

I don?t think with Andrew it would be private letters that will be any worry. I would imagine that like most people he uses his cell phone and texts anyone he wants to get in touch with. It will be documentation kept about his dodgy dealings arranged through third parties and maybe necessary even now, that would be the main concern. Or begging letters to the Queen and Charles that have gone through the hands of courtiers, aides etc who may have taken copies.

Nightowl

As arrogant as A was I don't think he might of thought of keeping great records as he probably thought his life like it was would go on forever.  Even his staff could be lazy at times and mot keep good records of things, just put papers anywhere as I have seen lazy attorneys do just that. Who knows what records/papers were laying around.

wannable

He is being targeted again (since a few days ago), dark forces USA. 

Some people are trying really hard to ruin the monarchy.

Politico is preparing a lengthy article about it soon.

Nightowl

Prince Andrew hasn't been riding in weeks it seems like, what happened?  No driving a car either......slow weeks for Andrew.

TLLK

@Nightowl - I saw a photo of him out riding a  day or two ago. Apparently he typically does this on weekends and sometimes Edward joins him. I believe that he spent much of August at Balmoral so that's why he hasn't been seen riding at Windsor recently.

Nightowl

Thank you for the update on Andrew, he should be very grateful for what he has and not complain one darn bit.  Horses need exercise, so let Andrew ride and ride some more to keep them in shape, that should be his job now... :lol:

Amabel2

He is a free agent.  He doesn't have to ride if he doesn't want to.

Nightowl

Yes, Andrew is a free man yet he has restrictions on him as he can not ever go back to being a member of the Firm with what is and will be the shame of JE hanging over his head all his life.  Yet he should do something useful in life, so exercise those horses is a good thing for him and the horses.....both need exercise!   

Amabel2

there is no need for him to exercise horses, he' s not a groom.  If he has taken to enjoyng riding in later life, he can do so wihout people feeling he has to do it to please them

Nightowl

I know that Andrew is not a groom and he is not the type of person to ever be one either.  Instead of  sitting around doing basically nothing with your life except taking care of that big house, and horses need exercise, Andrew go ride those horses!  And nobody is telling him to do that either, that is a very good thing to ride those horses.....we all need some exercise in our lives to keep the heart working. I think it is great that he rides horses, I love horses and part of my childhood was with farm animals and to this day I love farm animals mostly horses, goats, sheep and lots of dogs.

Amabel2

The man is retired from his job, he can do what he likes.  if he feels like riding horses he can do so, if not, he can do that.  Hes not obliged to do anything to provide news.

wannable

I agree he's totally free to do whatever he feels like it, no longer a senior working royal, BUT since the guy has no brains (*no brains is the shady people he associated with in the past, decisions he took because he wanted commercial moneys) - the target of a majority of people who want him fully cancelled in the UK and a minority internationally. He's a major victim vs US Presidents and other very famous celebs that have bigger dirt hidden with Epstein and the minor aged prostitutes.  Andrew's case for those who have truly followed closely  know that his accuser, who was both a prostitute and a pimp.

Amabel2

what are you ssaying.  Andrew's working life is over.  But he's not going to give up living and he will continue to live as he chooses, if he wants to ride, he can do so, if not, he does not have to.

wannable

I am saying that I agree with you, since he is no longer a senior working royal - he is free to do whatever he wants to do.

I only added that since his past decisions - today's woke cancel culture - people want him to not even do freedom from duties stuff like riding horses or whatever.  The man takes a walk - he's criticized.

Amabel2

I dont see anyone criticising him for going riding at Windsor, as he's been doing for some time now. it must be obvious that he is not literally going to stay indoors for the rest of his life

TLLK

Th is article reports that the King and the Duke of York have come to an agreement regarding Royal Lodge Windsor. Prince Andrew will be permitted to stay indefinitely as long as he completes repairs to the residence.

Charles allows disgraced Prince Andrew to stay at Royal Lodge after striking deal - Mirror Online

QuotePrince Andrew has been granted permission by the King to stay indefinitely at his Royal Lodge home, after thrashing out a deal with the monarch.

The disgraced Duke of York has been given time to assure his brother he can come up with the necessary funds to carry out much needed repairs on the 30 room royal mansion. Andrew and the King were at loggerheads this summer when the monarch suggested his brother move out of the property and into a smaller four-bedroom cottage on the Windsor estate, vacated by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

But now Andrew, 63, has been granted a ?stay of execution?, despite his annual ?250,000 handout being cut by the King and his home needing an estimated ?2million in repairs. It can also be revealed Andrew had forked out more than ?200,000 for roof repairs over the summer, described as an ?interim payment?.

However, the Grade II listed house is in need of much more urgent repair including damp throughout the property. Royal sources have confirmed the King and Andrew met privately at Balmoral at the end of August, during a royal family gathering, where the issues were discussed.

wannable

^That doesn't sound promising, Rebecca English from the Daily Mail with more investigation to the original ^ The Mirror article, it will take several millions to repair that 30 room mansion, Charles gives him a brotherly love annuity of GBP 250,000. 

Rebecca's sources to add:

1. However, multiple well-placed sources in royal circles have told the Mail that the prince isn't being 'realistic' about his financial situation.

2. One family friend said: 'It's all a bit cloud cuckoo land, I'm afraid. No one, not least His Majesty, believes there is any realistic, long-term chance of the Duke of York being able to keep the roof at Royal Lodge over his head.

3. It's a massive property and estate that requires a huge amount of upkeep.' Another added: 'In all honesty, I would not expect to see the Duke of York of living at Royal Lodge in the long term. If he could pay the upkeep then he would be welcome to stay. But the chances of that happening are, frankly, remote.

4. 'He and the duchess are rattling around in a huge property they simply can't afford.'

5. how it looks for a jobless ex-royal to live in such palatial surroundings

6. the lucrative income Royal Lodge could bring in as a rental property on the open market

TLLK

^^^ I tend to believe that Charles is just giving Andrew the space and time required before he realizes that Royal Lodge is his albatross. He's unlikely to be able to keep the vast property in good shape considering that he really has a relatively small income and a very expensive home to maintain.