Princess Charlotte General Chat

Started by sara8150, May 02, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

The blue of the bluebells was a perfect match with the blue of Princess Charlotte's sweater.

wannable

Look how she folds her hands like William

Nightowl

Charlotte is so cute and the image of her dad.....early in her life she made herself known and the strong woman she would become....she will be a joy to watch in time and I see her strength of character to be like Anne.  There is some very strong women in this royal family...and they are needed.

Curryong

My prediction, and I may be wrong but I don?t think so, is that both Charlotte and Louis will go into private life and careers. There was an inordinate fuss made a few months ago by commentators in the media about Lady Louise (Wessex) being so perfect for the royal round da de dah. Hardly surprisingly neither she nor her parents seem to agree. She is probably going to University either this year or the next. Life in the royal gilded cage is not so attractive any more.

Nightowl

I think Princess Charlotte will be a joy to watch in life at whatever she chose to do be it in the private sector or the royal family.  She will always be seen and heard as the great granddaughter of HM, granddaughter of Charles, daughter of William and sister of a king George in life.  She has shown she is intelligent and stands up for what she believes in at such a young age.....taking lessons from family members she has been around and listens to private conversations.....oh to be a fly on the wall and that is just how she is learning...a tiny little girl learning at the feet of her family without them probably knowing it at first....LOL

wannable

I think she will be a senior working royal, the Princess Royal. Factor in the aging of humans, by the time she's 25 having graduated from University, the scenario will likely be her King and Queen parents, her POW brother, that's it.

Add +20 to every senior working royal to date...parents 60, Wessexes 70, grandparents 90, the great aunt 90.

PrincessOfPeace

I definitely think she'll be a working royal. She won't leave it all to George.

Princess Cassandra

Since she has shown herself at a young age to be confident, intelligent and knowing her own mind, it is possible that she may discover some career for which she has a great passion. If so, I'm sure her parents and brothers would not be critical of her wanting to follow her dreams rather than become a working royal. However, I agree that she would make a wonderful working royal if she continues to develop the way she has. 

wannable

^ Yes.

The British Monarchy can by then transition to be like the mainland European Monarchies, which really don't have huge committments like the British senior working royals to date.

Everything is solvable.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on August 03, 2022, 02:13:29 PM
I think she will be a senior working royal, the Princess Royal. Factor in the aging of humans, by the time she's 25 having graduated from University, the scenario will likely be her King and Queen parents, her POW brother, that's it.

Add +20 to every senior working royal to date...parents 60, Wessexes 70, grandparents 90, the great aunt 90.

Charlotte can and probably will be Princess Royal, a few years after Anne?s death, but Anne has to die first. And to be Princess Royal doesn?t mean that you have to be a working royal at all. In fact the majority in the past haven?t been.

Other monarchies manage very well with just the monarch and spouse, heir and spouse. As for other commitments it?s extremely doubtful, the way things are going, that senior British royals will be undertaking long tours of the Commonwealth by the time Charlotte is in her mid-twenties. We don?t even know if Scotland and NI are likely to still be in the UK.

Nightowl

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 03, 2022, 02:47:31 PM
I definitely think she'll be a working royal. She won't leave it all to George.

LOL.......And she will probably be bossing George around telling him what to do at events, I think Charlotte is a strong minded young girl now who will be a force to reckon with as she gets older. 

TLLK

I believe that we'll see  more European monarchies adopting what I've considered the  Dutch "Beatrix and Claus method" of preparing your younger children for a life that includes a career while retaining some participation in royal duties and having some patronages. IMO the Cambridges would be wise to follow this path which seems to have worked very well for The Netherlands. It should be noted though that the Dutch Constitution automatically limits the number of members in the Royal House much like the Spanish constitution does.

If the United Kingdom "shrinks" and fewer Commonwealth nations retain the British monarch, then there isn't a need for as many members of the BRF to be involved with royal duties.

wannable

Very likely Princess Charlotte's first (royal) fine jewelry

A horseshoe brooch with diamonds on her mourning coat, which was a gift from her great-grandmother the Queen

FanDianaFancy

Look at her. Boss strikes again. Anne the 3 rd after Anne, TPR and Zara.
Boss Babby Charlotte does not play and she knows.  LOL!  SHE KNOWS. She just knows.

Report said BossBaby told her brother to bow. When to bow..

Princess Charlotte spotted telling Prince George to bow as Queen's coffin went past | Daily Mail Online

Blue Clover

Princess Charlotte's outfit was lovely.

wannable

BREAKING: Princess Charlotte 'to be Duchess of Edinburgh': King Charles isn't giving Duke title to brother Edward 'as he wants to keep it for his granddaughter in tribute to The Queen' - who also held it - and to 'honour the line of succession'

As the Prince of Wales's second child, Charlotte is third in line to the throne, after her father Prince William and brother Prince George.
When the Princess of Wales was expecting her first child, the rules of Royal primogeniture were changed to allow a girl born to the couple the same rights as a boy.

Charlotte's position as the second child of the heir to the throne is similar to that of Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, who was the second child of Prince Philip and the then Princess Elizabeth.

But unlike Anne she will not drop down the order of succession until her older brother George has children. When William becomes King, George will become Duke of Cornwall and then Prince of Wales  but not Duke of Edinburgh.

'Charlotte's position is historically significant because she is the first female member of the Royal Family whose place in the line of succession will not be surpassed by her younger brother.

'So it is constitutionally significant that Charlotte should be given such a corresponding title, because it is not beyond the realms of possibility that she will accede the throne if, for example, Prince George does not have children.'

Macrobug67

Curryong

It?s the Sunday Fail, and no official statement. ?A source said? and ?it is expected??. Well, of course if it?s expected by the Fail then it?s bound to happen, lol.

And Charlotte is of course forty odd years younger than Edward. If that happens (and I can almost guarantee that it won?t)  then Peerage rules will have to be altered (and the late Queen was only Duchess of E by courtesy, due to PP, her husband, holding the title and that was only for a brief number of years. She didn?t hold it in her own right.)

Good luck in explaining that train of thought in a possibly independent Scotland in future decades! Also Charlotte is in line to hold a much more prestigious and ancient title, that of Princess Royal, after Princess Anne dies.

wannable

🤷🏻‍♀️

I'll very likely be alive when Charlotte is 18.

Curryong

I think and hope that the future of the Edinburgh title will be made clear by a short statement from the Palace long before Charlotte is eighteen. Perhaps before the Coronation next year. The speculation in the media and by commentators, journalists etc is getting ridiculous.

wannable

^It is. I was actually quite surprised and a bit stunned to see that article front page, top news. 

I must admit that perusing throught the articles of the ''assistant to the editor' of MOS, I recall most of their ''future'' articles happened on a later date within the BRF. i.e. George and Charlotte attending the funeral, the assistant to the editor in chief wrote it 72 hours and it happened.

So let's see, but I agree with you, I hope BP makes a statement sooner rather than later. It's becoming a weekly follow up article (s) about that Title!

wannable

I'm not a fan (only because she's a bit arrogant with several statements about court circulars without even being at the site (s), event, behind the press pen) but here is MKs comment about Charlotte, Peerage, Duchess title dated August 2018

With the new gender equal succession Royal historian and founder of Royal Musings Marlene Koenig believes Princess Charlotte could get a peerage like her mother, Kate and the Duchess of Cambridge.

She said: ?Now with gender equal succession, I think it would be more possible to grant a peerage to Charlotte. Prince Louis will get one when he marries, so it would only be fair if Charlotte was named a Duchess on her wedding day.

Curryong

It was speculated amongst most British media that some of the younger generation of the BRF including George and Charlotte could be allowed at the funeral even before the funeral date had been announced. KP staff leaking that sort of thing to the Fail is very different to Charles making up his mind about his parents? wishes and his own regarding a now contentious royal title. Only his very closest aides like his PS would be privy to any deliberations of Charles?s.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 26, 2022, 11:34:37 PM
I'm not a fan (only because she's a bit arrogant with several statements about court circulars without even being at the site (s), event, behind the press pen) but here is MKs comment about Charlotte, Peerage, Duchess title dated August 2018

I like Marlene, who is very knowledgeable about the history of European Royal Houses. However she wouldn?t know any more about Charles?s thoughts re the Edinburgh title than anyone else. And talk of loosening the rights of daughters in Peers families to inherit titles where there are no brothers and for royal daughters to receive them has been really hotting up over recent years, in the name of equality between the sexes. As it should be.

However changing non royal Peerages hasn?t happened yet. The govt has stayed well clear for several reasons. And I just can?t see Charlotte receiving Edinburgh, sorry. It?s too contentious with large numbers of Scots who put up with it just because PP had received it a long time ago, in the 1940s. Things have changed.