Main Menu

Server issues

Started by Wombat, April 29, 2007, 07:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MapleLeaf

:hug: :hug: Thank you for being so understanding Nighthawk, Lilliana, Countessa, Goldylocks and everyone.  Mstar has practically been pulling a 'Houdini' act to get everything restored!  
Hopefully we'll be able to get the missing days back if the other database can be restored, so I guess it just remains to be seen tomorrow.  If not, then I guess we'll have to catch ourselves up.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Goldylocks

i missed this forum so much in these past 2-3 days :cry:

we will be back soon :yipee: .....3 cheers for all the adms and mods.... :flowers:
Harryite #0102 :kisskiss:                   Fedup-ite # 005 :hissyfit:

Jenee

Hehe, I didn't see this thread, and just started another one!  :fool:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Pri

Good to be up and running.  Everything's still using that July 26th date--still correct?! Or it is on my comp!

Thanks MStar!! I'm gonna try to learn some of this stuff because I still don't get it :P
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Wombat

Quote from: MapleLeaf on August 05, 2007, 11:05:11 PM
Mstar has practically been pulling a 'Houdini' act to get everything restored!  
Wouldn't that mean he was disappearing :lmao:

Goodluck MS..time to find a different server and get rid of those damn spiders :thumbsdown:

mediastar

We are on a different server now. It's in Houston and Jen visited them earlier this year when we were checking them out.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

angeleyed

MS your amazing... just to let you know. :lol:
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Wombat

Quote from: mediastar on August 06, 2007, 06:27:39 AM
We are on a different server now.
Well that's a good idea. Have the increased number of bots/spiders on the forum of late had anything to do with the server issues?

mediastar

Could be. Or it could be that the site is busier anyway and that there are now more posts and a bigger database. Or the hosts could have put more sites on the server and decide to ditch the busiest ones. I can't tell.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Wombat

Is there any way of protecting the forum from having this happen again? I noticed the news site went down as well but interestingly I could still get the login page for the MP3 site :hmm:

angeleyed

than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Wombat

QuoteMost Online Today: 551. Most Online Ever: 562
:bigeyes: What's going on?

angeleyed

i just popped in to see if a friend came on... and noticed... we have surpassed  it 572 when i checked.. you would think there would be more members on though :hmm:

i panicked... i tried to post this and it kept sayin wouldnt connect... i thought OH NOT AGIAN. :cry: im fine now. lol
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Wombat

It went down again saying that it couldn't connect to server.

I noticed like seconds before that the online list was:
QuoteMost Online Today: 575. Most Online Ever: 575 (Today at 19:34:08)

angeleyed

yeah... me too... oooh the panick :lmao:
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

mediastar

Quote from: Wombat on August 06, 2007, 07:09:37 AM
Is there any way of protecting the forum from having this happen again? I noticed the news site went down as well but interestingly I could still get the login page for the MP3 site :hmm:
The mp3 site was on a Hostgator server and was set up there to test Hostgator. The rest of the site was on Lunarpages servers. The forums have now been moved to another Hostgator server.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

angeleyed

wow 673 today.... this is getting nuts. :lol: is any body having problems with getting their unread stories :hmm: i can get my new replies ones but it says i dont have any from last night and with the amount of memebers, i highly doubt thats possible. My stuff isnt seeming toi update or something... anyone else?
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Tracey Lowndes

What IS happening with the missing posts?

Tracey Lowndes.

MapleLeaf

Quote from: Wombat on August 06, 2007, 06:13:31 AM
Wouldn't that mean he was disappearing :lmao:

Goodluck MS..time to find a different server and get rid of those damn spiders :thumbsdown:

:laugh: Well I meant a great magic act, in other words.  Houdini was the first really great magician whose name came to mind at the time.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Jenee

Quote from: angeleyed on August 06, 2007, 08:33:36 PM
alright so i was thinking, if we do get all the lost posts does that mean we will go back to where we were and all that we are posting now will dissappear or be covered up so to speak? or will it just be alot of cutting pasting and linking and editing all around? how does that work?

Yes, and for that reason, we've decided not to try and retrieve the lost data. Either way we do it, we're going to loose posts, and since we've already got this back up and running, we are going to leave it as is. Its an inconvenience either way :(
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Pri

:cry: :cry: We're not getting back the lost stuff.  We had some good things in there!
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

papsriya

Yea....Id rather have that than this :cry:
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M
I agree with everything Margherita says...sometimes :sigh:

The Dream Couple: WillyandKatyite #002 - I wear my # with Pride :snob: