Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 12, 2014, 01:04:09 PM
Royal tour 2014: Duchess of Cambridge style watch. As the Duchess of Cambridge embarks on a three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia, see what she chose to wear

Royal tour 2014: Duchess of Cambridge style watch - Telegraph
Thank you for the photos. I wasn't a fan of the red arrival outfit, but it was obviously a Catherine Walker design. Diana would have likely chosen it for herself. I really like the green dress, but the coat is not as attractive. Everything else is well-suited to the tour.

Jenee

Quote from: Lothwen on April 12, 2014, 02:23:26 PM
I liked the black dress, but because she had the fern detail on the shoulder I thought her hair should have been pulled back, or in an updo. That's why Kate can't wear jewelry (IMO) because her hair distracts from it.

And honestly, she has a very pretty face and nice bone structure that gets lost amongst all that hair.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

QuoteThe Kate Effect! Duchess' £48 Nautical Top Sells Out and Sailing Jacket Website Crashes

To the untrained eye, Kate was wearing a simple blue-and-white top but the £48 striped garment has sold out after royal fashion followers flocked to copy her nautical theme.

British brand ME+EM was inundated when she wore its Breton top while piloting an America's Cup yacht off Auckland.

The nautical look is popular with the Duchess, who wore an almost identical outfit, right down to the skinny navy jeans and wedge shoes, to a volleyball session at London's Olympic Park last October.

More: Duchess of Cambridge's £48 nautical stripe top sells out after New Zealand sailing trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

QuoteKate Middleton Wears Aquamarine Emilia Wickstead Dress as She Brightens Up Dull Day in Dunedin

The Duchess also donned a Jane Taylor hat for the seventh day of her three week royal tour of New Zealand and Australia

Kate Middleton brightened up a dull day in Dunedin by donning an aquamarine dress by New Zealand designer Emilia Wickstead.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived in the southern city to grey skies and the sound of the bagpipes today, with William commenting: "It's like being in Edinburgh."

Kate's dress is the first time she has championed local dress designers on her trip to the country - teamed with a Jane Taylor hat.

More: Kate Middleton wears aquamarine Emilia Wickstead dress as she brightens up dull day in Dunedin - Mirror Online

QuoteNow Where Have We Seen that Regal Look Before, Kate? Duchess Adopts the Queen's Style for New Zealand Tour

It's a wardrobe that means business – Royal business. Wearing a series of elegant outfits last week in New Zealand, the Duchess of Cambridge cemented her place at the heart of The Firm, writes Katie Nicholl.

A more mature Kate has given the world a master-class in power dressing, borrowing national colours and emblems from her hosts to reinforce her popularity.

Yet it is not a highly paid stylist who can take the credit for transforming Kate from high street fan to designer devotee – it is the Queen. For as our photographs show, Kate’s latest outfits have been inspired by Her Majesty’s familiar styles.

More: Now where have we seen that regal look before, Kate? Duchess adopts the Queen's style for New Zealand tour | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Quote from: Jenee on April 13, 2014, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: Lothwen on April 12, 2014, 02:23:26 PM
I liked the black dress, but because she had the fern detail on the shoulder I thought her hair should have been pulled back, or in an updo. That's why Kate can't wear jewelry (IMO) because her hair distracts from it.

And honestly, she has a very pretty face and nice bone structure that gets lost amongst all that hair.
I agree, she looks great with pony tails and her face is great for chignons but the long hair (probably the styling of it) ages her and makes her face look tired not every face was made to be completely framed by hair.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge Wears Eye-Catching Blue - Despite William Saying Her Green Dress the Day Before Was 'a Bit Bright'  (Video)

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a eye-catching blue dress today - despite her husband telling her that the green outfit she wore the previous day was 'a bit bright'.

Arriving in Dunedin this morning, Kate, 32, wore a stunning blue coat and matching pillbox hat.

Kate looked elegant as she paraded a New Zealand designer - of sorts - for the first time on the royal tour. Emelia Wickstead, a favourite of British Prime Minister David Cameron's wife Samantha, is New Zealand born but London based.

She paired the coat with a hat by Jane Taylor, a favourite milliner, and the Queen's diamond fern brooch.  The brooch was a gift from the women of Auckland, given to the Queen in 1954, and it is the second time Kate has worn it during this visit.

More: The Duchess of Cambridge wears blue in New Zealand - despite William voicing his disapproval | Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

Royal visit: Kate gives a Kiwi teaser

QuoteIt finally happened: the Duchess of Cambridge wore a design by Emilia Wickstead, her New Zealand-born designer favourite.

She arrived in Dunedin for yesterday's church service in a blue pleated dress by the London-based designer, teamed with the fern print brooch worn on arrival to New Zealand and a bespoke hat by Jane Taylor Millinery - featuring yet another fern.
More: Royal visit: Kate gives a Kiwi teaser - Life & Style - NZ Herald News

Lady Adams

Might be time to retire the towering wedges:

QuoteJohn Darby, owner of Amisfield vineyard in Queenstown, showed the royal couple around the vineyard - where Kate nearly fell over in her massive wedge heels.

She looked unsteady on the rough ground in her Russell and Bromley cork wedges - and as she slipped she grabbed William's arm to steady herself.

Read more: Duchess of Cambridge crushes pregnancy rumours | Mail Online
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

^I agree, she needs to give up the wedges.  Or at least, the ones that are 4-5 inches tall.  They are not fun to walk in.  I'm surprised she hasn't twisted or broken an ankle yet.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteStyle wise, the Duchess of Cambridge is known for her blow dry, nude court shoes and Alexander McQueen frocks. But it is her habit of recycling pieces of her wardrobe which usually gets the most attention. On day six of the royal tour Kate Middleton had an impressive three outfit changes, and one of the looks was repeat from earlier in the week.

In the morning she wore blue Emilia Wickstead to church and a Jonathan Saunders knit with jeans to the rugby. Later in the day the royal couple went to a wine tasting event at Amisfield Winery in Queenstown. For this engagement K Mids changed out of her sweater into the navy double breasted Zara blazer who wore earlier in the week.
More: Royal Recycler! Kate Middleton Re-Wears Outfit On First Week Of New Zealand Tour | Grazia Fashion

Lothwen

I'd be more impressed if she recycled some of her more expensive pieces.  Some of the dresses she wears on her tours are only seen once, and those are the more expensive, designer pieces. 
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Jenee might call me creepy, but I've just ordered Kate's checkered shirt (from Gap) and a very similar Brenton striped top (from J. Crew).  :hide:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

^As long as you ordered them because you like them, and not because Kate (or anybody else) is wearing them, then that's fine.  People wear the same clothes as other people.  It's not that big of a deal.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteGuest host Alyssa Milano said the Duchess showed style and poise and stylist George Kotsiopoulos described her look as "timeless".

"I love what she is wearing it is timeless, this is elegant, it's not old-fashioned, it's not modern."

Despite stiff competition from Hollywood royalty Taylor Swift, host Joan Rivers crowned Kate as overall best-dressed.

Kate's fashion choices have been one of the biggest talking points of the 10-day visit to New Zealand, and have been described by one commentator as further evidence of the Duchess as a fashion icon.

Sunday Telegraph fashion writer Belinda White said Kate's fashion choices were a nod to Diana, Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn.

More glitz and glam are expected when she goes to Australia this week.

"Come Wednesday, when the tour moves on to Australia, expect to see her in her style element," she wrote.
More: Royal visit: 'Stewardess' barb for Duchess' hat - Life & Style - NZ Herald News

Jenee

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 13, 2014, 07:52:44 PM
Jenee might call me creepy, but I've just ordered Kate's checkered shirt (from Gap) and a very similar Brenton striped top (from J. Crew).  :hide:

:D

You didn't actually orders hers, just one that looks like hers :P

Lady Adams

^^ Err, What Kate Wore had the shirt sourced at Gap. So I bought the same one.  :hide: What can I say? I'm a creeper swayed by a 40% off + free two day shipping coupon...  :shame:

Jenee

I mean, you didn't buy the one out of her closet ... That would have been creepy :P

TLLK

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 13, 2014, 07:52:44 PM
They're classics and you'll always find a use for them!!!!

Double post auto-merged: April 14, 2014, 03:03:42 AM

Quote from: Lothwen on April 13, 2014, 07:46:35 PM
I'd be more impressed if she recycled some of her more expensive pieces.  Some of the dresses she wears on her tours are only seen once, and those are the more expensive, designer pieces. 
Glad to see her recycling the red suit from the St. Andrew's visit in 2011.

Lothwen

^I'm glad to see it's been lengthened.

And her make-up looked good too, which really impressed me.  Now if we could just get her to cut off about 4-6 inches of her hair, that would be perfect :thumbsup:

ETA:  Apparently it's not the same suit.  Some people are suggesting she's wearing the jacket over the dress she wore to sign the New Zealand condolences book
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Quote from: Jenee on April 14, 2014, 02:31:44 AM
I mean, you didn't buy the one out of her closet ... That would have been creepy :P
Hah! That's true.  :french: Though Mette-Marit did sell some of her clothes. If only we were the same size!

PrincessOfPeace

As the Duchess of Cambridge embarks on a three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia, see what she chose to wear

Royal tour 2014: Duchess of Cambridge style watch - Telegraph

PrincessOfPeace

Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2014, 09:14:26 AM

QuoteKate Middleton has some competition for the spotlight on this three-week tour of Australia and New Zealand, in the form of her egregiously adorable eight-month-old son, Prince George. But we will never tire of Kate's sleek, sophisticated looks, and this tour is a verifiable embarrassment of riches on that front: Kate will be wearing more than 30 different ensembles. Let's take a look at all the outfits.
More: Photos: Kate Down Under: All of Kate Middleton?s Looks on the Australia/New Zealand Tour | Vanity Fair

PrincessOfPeace

Australian fashion designers are keen to get the Duchess of Cambridge into their clothes for the instant recognition that brings

QuoteSHE has the power to turn whatever she wears into a global bestseller, so it is little wonder that Australian fashion designers are hoping for a major boost when the Duchess of Cambridge shows off her royal style during her 10-day Australian tour.

Megan Park, R.M Williams, Collette by Collette Dinnigan and Carla Zampatti are among the local labels requested by the royal's stylists for her wardrobe, which has been two months in the planning.
More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/australian-fashion-designers-are-keen-to-get-the-duchess-of-cambridge-into-their-clothes-for-the-instant-recognition-that-brings/story-fni0cvc9-1226885367554