Supporting Children\'s Hospices

Started by cinrit, June 19, 2014, 11:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 20, 2014, 03:51:43 AM
QuoteIf there were private visits, they would be made public like this one...

You always say Harry is making private visits to his charities yet these somehow go unreported  :shrug:
No, I do not, I say he makes public visits to his charities that are not counted but Kate's every appearance at an ice cream parlor or premiere not related to any charity of hers is counted on the Royal Calendar and reported... What he does in private is organizing the Invictus games.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

I think Richard Palmer, the Royal Correspondent for the Daily Express admitted something of the sort a few weeks ago via Twitter. He stated that Kate was the only royal who was guaranteed to get into the newspapers no matter what, whether seen out in private or, of course, in her public duties.

cinrit

Quote from: Limabeany on June 20, 2014, 02:09:35 AM
If there were private visits, they would be made public like this one... If she made private visits with any frequency she would know the staff by name and they would look so in awe and afraid to break her...   

They're made public if the charity wants to make them public.  Other of her charities have reported that she keeps in weekly contact with them.  We've discussed this before, somewhere in the archives, but unfortunately, I seem to be the only one to remember it.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

I am sure her staff does to make her seem interested... But if she did, her speeches would reflect that in their depth and detail and they don't.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

She's obviously not at the point where her speeches can go on for 20 minutes, like some Royals.  And that's fine, if that's her way of communicating.  We can't dictate how a person should express herself.  People are different.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

She does precious little, she could at least care about preparing for making speeches since she barely works instead of putting it out there through the royal pr fools that she is studying photography and making sausages and jam and saving the world behind the scenes...

FanDianaFancy

Back to the middle.  Lets get back to the middle  ground here.

Private visits? No.  It defeats the purpose  of the BRF  performing their  duties to their subjects. Their  lifestyle  is  a  trade off in doing public works  to and for their country  and to their loyal subjects.

Visits will remain private if the cause wants it so...No.  It defeats the purpose of the cause and of the BRF serving their subjects. This is C, DofC, and her other titles.  She must  show  support  for  her  subjects and not  her subjects/charities telling her  , well, they  would like her  affilation to remain private.  She  is  not person of questionable character to some  or  controversial, an enterainer for example, and they  want her money, but  not her  face, name  associated with them.
She  is not Mrs. XYZ, Pres. of  X  com.  , wife of Y, daughter of H  and  a  private cititzen who prefers her  charitbale support  of causes and schools remains private due to various  reasons.

I always time will tell.

This  visit  was semi-private. Semi-private. Private during the visit and  made public after the  visit  for various reason and that is fine.

Her  loyal subjects must  know  of  how  she  supports their feelings, causes and  know how they live.

Curry,  true.  the British press reports on her  every  visit  out  of her home be it, to the park, hair salon, shopping, etc.
Unfair  to her in a way  that  she  is such  high profile in the BRf  and is not overshadowing anyone  by  her fault. 
Yes, she  knew what  she  wanted when she  wanted PW  from mtheir  first  public  ski trip and she got and she can handle it.

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on June 19, 2014, 01:00:17 PM
:teehee:  All snarking aside...........I am behind this 100%.  Children's hospices need to be supported.  Not a subject people want to deal with, children dying is a hard subject. And unfortunately it is human nature to try to ignore/deny subject matter that is painful to deal with.   Good for Kate to support this and my hat off to all those involved.
Agreed. I don't know how most people can pull it together each and every day to work/volunteer at a children's hospice. :no:

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on June 19, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Her job as patron, with regard to EACH (and all her charities), is to bring attention to the charity.  She's doing that.

Cindy
Which is the job of every royal patron in the BRF and in other royal families.  :nod:

Limabeany

Twice a year, she should be ashamed of herself enough to do more, especially with the ridiculous amount of charities she has and the even more ridiculous number of visits she pays to them for an unemployed nearly middle aged woman...

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 20, 2014, 08:54:50 AM
I think Richard Palmer, the Royal Correspondent for the Daily Express admitted something of the sort a few weeks ago via Twitter. He stated that Kate was the only royal who was guaranteed to get into the newspapers no matter what, whether seen out in private or, of course, in her public duties.

The lady sells magazines and papers for sure.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on June 20, 2014, 08:43:12 AM
Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 20, 2014, 03:51:43 AM
QuoteIf there were private visits, they would be made public like this one...

You always say Harry is making private visits to his charities yet these somehow go unreported  :shrug:
No, I do not, I say he makes public visits to his charities that are not counted but Kate's every appearance at an ice cream parlor or premiere not related to any charity of hers is counted on the Royal Calendar and reported... What he does in private is organizing the Invictus games.
When I viewed and copied the BRF engagement tally for this week the author made sure to note that Kate's recent trip to EACH does not count toward her official engagements as it was a private visit. The photos were shared to coincide with the Children's Hospice week. Like other BRF members and royals, there are visits that are done with little fanfare. :)

Limabeany

TLLK

Hopefully this might clear up the confusion over which visits are counted in the annual tally. Harry's, Kate's and any other BRF members' private visits are IMO a way to keep focused on their charities, but unless they're mentioned in the Court Circular will not be counted. :)