Late Diana,Princess of Wales admitted that Prince Charles wishes Harry was girl

Started by sara8150, April 18, 2019, 01:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Princess Diana Recalls Pressure of Giving Birth to Royal Baby | PEOPLE.com
When Diana carry another boy and Charles been praying for girl and kept underwraps gender reveals late Diana,Princess of Wales told Andrew Morton but its true story!

QuoteThe world is highly anticipating the arrival of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?s first child ? a feeling with which Princess Diana was all too familiar.

In Andrew Morton?s Diana: Her True Story, the royal revealed that she felt an enormous amount of pressure from the media surrounding the birth of her first child, Prince William. In fact, it was so ?unbearable? that she was induced ? but they had to pick a day that didn?t interfere with Prince Charles? polo schedule.

?When we had William, we had to find a date in the diary that suited Charles and his polo,? she said. ?William had to be induced because I couldn?t handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable. It was as if everyone was monitoring every day for me.?

Princess Diana added, ?Anyway, the boy arrived, great excitement. Thrilled, everyone absolutely high as a kite ? we had found a date where Charles could get off his polo pony for me to give birth. That was very nice, felt grateful about that!?

The birth of Prince Harry came with its own issues. Diana said in the book that Prince Charles had always wanted a daughter.

?I knew Harry was going to be a boy because I saw on the scan,? she explained. ?Charles always wanted a girl. He wanted two children, and he wanted a girl. I knew Harry was a boy, and I didn?t tell him.?

When Diana delivered their second son, Charles barely hid his disappointment.

?First comment was: ?Oh God, it?s a boy,? second comment: ?And he?s even got red hair,? ? Diana recounted.

She went on to say that Charles expressed being letdown again at Harry?s christening, telling Diana?s mother, ?We were so disappointed ? we thought it would be a girl.? ?

?Mummy snapped his head off, saying: ?You should realized how lucky you are to have a child that?s normal.? Every since that day the shutters have come down, and that?s what he does when he gets somebody answering back at him,? Diana said.

Although her relationship briefly improved before the birth of Prince Harry ? Diana said she and Charles were ?the closest we?ve ever, ever been and ever will be? in the six weeks leading up to their second child?s arrival ? it didn?t last.

sandy

On another thread, I wondered why CHarles if he wanted a daughter and later a granddaughter had no one on one portrait taken with Charlotte. He had one on one portraits with Louis and George. I found that odd.

TLLK

However those were only the photos released to the public. We don't know what photos were taken that have been kept private. I would find it hard to believe that Charles and Charlotte have never been photographed together.

Curryong

I think there were photos taken on that day of Charles with Charlotte. It may have been a long session that day though, and small children do get restless and inpatient. Even on the group ones Charlotte was being distracted by Camilla. She might have just had enough.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on April 18, 2019, 03:34:02 PM
I think there were photos taken on that day of Charles with Charlotte. It may have been a long session that day though, and small children do get restless and inpatient. Even on the group ones Charlotte was being distracted by Camilla. She might have just had enough.
I think that was quite likely.  Charlotte strikes me as very lively and wilful, and I think she may have become bored, so Camilla was trying to keep her sititng there by distracting her...

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on April 18, 2019, 01:32:49 PM
However those were only the photos released to the public. We don't know what photos were taken that have been kept private. I would find it hard to believe that Charles and Charlotte have never been photographed together.

I found it odd that he had a photo op with one of Camilla's granddaughters but not Charlotte. I do hope he does pose with her for her next birthday. Since he did with her brothers.

oak_and_cedar

Maybe he didn't want a daughter? He perhaps wanted two children and that's that. Regardless of if they were a boy or girl.
Perhaps this is something he's saying to make it seem like the marriage could have been saved if only this or that. This in order to take the heat off of himself.

Just a thought...

sandy

I think Charles only intended to have two children like his mistress had. I think he did not want to have more children lest it keep him from time with Camilla. And I think Camilla aided and abetted that decision.If he wanted a daughter he could have tried again. David Beckham and his wife tried for the girl after having a few sons.

Quote from: amabel on April 18, 2019, 05:21:44 PM
I think that was quite likely.  Charlotte strikes me as very lively and wilful, and I think she may have become bored, so Camilla was trying to keep her sititng there by distracting her...

So she can't have her picture taken and is a wild child. CHarlotte should have had her own special picture and I don't get why you are opposed to it and blame Charlotte for being "willful." Louis grabbed at Charles face and still got a photo op with Gramps.

TLLK

I believe that Charlotte has had her photo taken with Charles many times. However they have remained as private family photos. :)
The Wales had two healthy children so their gender is irrelevant IMO.

sandy

So hers had to be private and her brothers not private. Makes no sense to me. Gender is relevant since the female child was left out.

TLLK

It is not my decision to make as they are not my photos. If they family chooses to not share every photo with the public but release some of them, then they are doing what other royals throughout the world do. :) I see happy kids surrounded by their parents and other family members. You can see whatever you wish. :friends:

sandy

Why are you disagreeing when I said it would have been something good for CHarlotte and CHarles to have a one on one photo. I don't get it.

TLLK

I believe that Charles and Charlotte already have photos together. However it seems that you don't believe that they have any because they were not made public.  :happy: If the family chooses to keep some photos private and not share others, it is their decision and not mine. It looks like everyone in the recent family snapshot s are happy so that is ok with me.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 19, 2019, 10:05:41 PM
Why are you disagreeing when I said it would have been something good for CHarlotte and CHarles to have a one on one photo. I don't get it.
what exactly would be "good" about it? 
Quote from: TLLK on April 19, 2019, 11:27:56 PM
I believe that Charles and Charlotte already have photos together. However it seems that you don't believe that they have any because they were not made public.  :happy: If the family chooses to keep some photos private and not share others, it is their decision and not mine. It looks like everyone in the recent family snapshot s are happy so that is ok with me.
i daresay they have, but perhaps they haven't.. it is realy their business... I would say the most likely explanation is that Charlotte wasn't cooperative.. as it kind of looks like Cam has to distract her in the group photo...

sandy

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 20, 2019, 10:52:38 AM
I am not getting your post.

Why would CHarlotte be uncooperative?
because she's a small child.. they often aren't.  and in the group Photo, It seems like Camilla is distracting her, to keep her amused...
I've read somewehre that once when faced with a big crowd of photographers, as a kid, Harry started screaming..

sandy

CHarlotte is not Harry.

She looks like a well behaved child. Louis was grabbing at gramps' face so he did not act like Mr Perfect himself.

I have my opinion you have yours.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 20, 2019, 11:09:52 AM
CHarlotte is not Harry.

She looks like a well behaved child. Louis was grabbing at gramps' face so he did not act like Mr Perfect himself.

I have my opinion you have yours.
so?  Children all act up at times.Some may cry, others may run around and refuse to cooperate. Others may pull faces or retreat in fear.
Harry was clearly scared by the crowds of men with cameras and reacted with fear and upset.. by screaming. Later when he was a bit older, I remember a photo where he sticks his tongue out at the cameras....
And I can't believe your last sentence.  Louis was a 6 month old baby.  He is not expected to be "mr Perfect.  How you can blame a small baby for waving his hands around and grabbing at things, I simply can't understand.

sandy

so no pictures could have been taken of her with CHarles? ANd she acts up all the time? SOrry not following you.

She was perfectly calm and happy on the outing with her brother and parents. She's a healthy child not always throwing tantrums. She looks so cute and pretty.

I can't believe you think so negatively about Charlotte.

So? Louis behaved naturally with his granddad at 6 months. And Charlotte would have been adorable with her grandfather.

I simply don't get your assumptions (negative) about Charlotte.

amabel

I don't see why they are negative.  she might have been playing up.. She might have been unwilling to cooperate.  its quite normal for a small child, just like it is quite normal for them sometimes to cry and get scared.  Or for an infant in arms to grab at things.

sandy

Maybe it was the fault of the one who made the choice of the photos not a cute little girl.  Who does not go around crying out.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 20, 2019, 11:44:09 AM
Maybe it was the fault of the one who made the choice of the photos not a cute little girl.  Who does not go around crying out.
I don't know who made the choice of the photos but "cute liltte girls" are not always cute or docile You were not at the session so you don't know how she acted..
or it may well be that Charles had a pic with her nad wanted to keep it private for some reason...

sandy

I am not understanding the negativity over Charlotte. She looked perfectly happy when she was with her parents and brother.

And why must have the photo come from the same photo shot. Why not use another photo taken at a different time. I am disagreeing with your theory. I think it was an oversight or bad decision.

amabel

Because the photos were taken for C's 70th birthday.. and Will and Kate have rightly tried to keep the  photos of their children to a minimum.  so they are hardly likely to say "come back tomorrow and we'll try with Charlotte again".  They dont want to stress the kids.
And it would look odd, if they were to stick in a photo of Charlotte taken 5 months earlier..
Again I can't see why it is "negative" to suggest that a small child might have times when they don't want their photo taken or they want to run around and play...or they will pose with one person and not with another...

sandy

Their photo schedule is their business.  I pointed out Charles twirling around Camilla's granddaughter was when she was smaller. ANd it was used. SO what would be the big deal if the photographs included some of the children at younger ages. I am not getting why you single out Charlotte for "bad behavior." George was pictured having a tantrum and Kate correcting him.