Mark Shand has died after injuring his head in fall outside NY club

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 23, 2014, 05:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cate1949

I think the daughter dressed that way as a salute to his life's work -

I suspect that the media was allowed because it does humanize Camilla and for people who still dislike her - perhaps may make them more sympathetic.

Limabeany

I meant her joy, I didn't have it in me that soon, especially because it was unexpected, but we all have different spirits and move on at different speeds.  :happycry:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princess Cassandra

Don't forget, Mr. Shand's daughter is technically still an adolescent, and at this stage of her life she may not quite realize the significance of her loss.  I've known two who lost important family members at 13 and 18 - they didn't really deal with it until they were older.  I realize that sounds strange, but it is true.  Possibly that's what is going on here.       

Limabeany

I agree, teenagers nowadays mature differently and it depends on the family as well, I have never seen teens or adolescents quite like that especially with an unexpected death of a parent, but, people are different, my inability to grasp it does not signify more than that, I don't understand extremists, how people can consider clubbing baby seals acceptable, fans of famous people who lose perspective where they are concerned or wearing underwear as clothes either... :blahblahblah:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princess Cassandra

I'm in total agreement with you on all that stuff, Limabeany! :clap:  I wish I had not seen the pictures as the family were arriving and leaving -  I felt as if I were intruding on their privacy, just by looking at them.  But, I did see them, and saw that Camilla is really feeling the loss of her brother.

Double post auto-merged: May 04, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

Opps - I didn't mean to make it look as if were clapping for the pictures taken at the funeral.  I apologize!

SophieChloe

No need to apologise - I'm sure we understood  :hug?: :hug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Princess Cassandra

Opps - I didn't mean to make it look as if I were clapping about the family arriving and leaving the funeral!  I apologize to everyone.

cinrit

^^ No worries, Princess Cassandra.  We knew you didn't mean it that way. :hug: :hug:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 04, 2014, 09:07:51 PM
Opps - I didn't mean to make it look as if were clapping for the pictures taken at the funeral.  I apologize!
We know, sweetie!  :hug: :happy15: