Newlyweds Find Unexpected Guest Outside Their Wedding - Prince of Wales

Started by cinrit, May 04, 2014, 11:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteA newly married couple found an uninvited but very welcome guest at their nuptials.  As they left the Registrar's Office at Ayr Town Hall Private Barry Rooney and his new wife Kirstie met the Prince of Wales who was at a civic reception in the same building.

The prince who was in Ayr for a parade by the Queen's Own Yeomanry, of which he is the Royal Honorary Colonel offered his congratulations to the couple and posed for some special photographs for their wedding album.

Pte Rooney, 28, and his 22-year-old wife, from Patna in East Ayrshire, said: 'That was absolutely amazing, we were really shocked. Who can say they had their wedding photograph taken with the Prince of Wales?

'It's a day we'll remember forever.'

More: Prince of Wales is unexpected guest at wedding at Ayr Town Hall | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cate1949

it was so sweet   - very nice

I agree. It was a very nice gesture and it looks like that he just popped by for a moment.

Limabeany

Lovely story! What a special topping to their wedding!  :vday4:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Orchid

I know what I'd say to him if he photo-bombed my day  :angel:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Eri

He comes off as more likable than his two sons these days  :hide: ...

SophieChloe

Limabeany

:notworthy: :goodpost: :notworthy:
Quote from: Eri on May 04, 2014, 03:17:56 PM

Macrobug

As long as they were agreeable to meeting him and having their photos taken  :thumbsup:  it certainly looks that way; the bride looked stunned and stunning.  It is a little risky doing something like this.  Imagine if the couple were Republicans.  Or even Orchid?   Yikes for PC!  His poor ears would be ringing.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

Orchid

-Winston Churchil

Limabeany

sandy

Quote from: Eri on May 04, 2014, 03:17:56 PM

I can't see anything likeable and he is worse when he tries to act "cute." He's copying celebrities like Brad Pitt who also 'crashed" a wedding.

SophieChloe

Compared to his two sons...he is more "likeable" IMO.  I'm far from liking him though.  Does that make sense?....I hope so  :blush:

TLLK

Looks like he just popped in for a quick hello. I agree its a very nice gesture.

cinrit

He happened to be in the same building for an unrelated civic reception.  The pictures look like he happened to see them and went over to congratulate them.  He didn't literally crash the wedding.  :happy15:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

It doesn't matter where he was he decided to make a "cameo" that would make the papers. Same as some Hollywood celebrities have done. He should stop trying to look "cute." It does not become him.

TLLK

^^^I agree Cindy. IMHO it was one of the coincidental moments and with a wedding reception happening across the hallway a photographer would be present. If the couple chose to share their photos with the media then that was their choice.  :)

sandy

with Charles' PR it is hard to say if it was spontaneous or planned. I would opt for planned. Charles does not do things helter skelter. Certainly it was known ahead of time (via Charles security detail) a wedding was going on. Maybe the couple were urged to share the photos by the royal entourage.

HereditaryPrincess

Limabeany

Quote from: SophieChloe on May 04, 2014, 07:33:51 PM
Compared to his two sons...he is more "likeable" IMO.  I'm far from liking him though.  Does that make sense?....I hope so  :blush:
Yes, it does. You can't un-know what you know...  :shrug: Does that make sense? :happy15:

sandy

Charles wants to make himself look like a loveable codger and "just like the rest of us" despite who he is.  Charles and/or his PR team probably liked the idea of wedding crashing which celebrities such as Brad Pitt and John Travolta have already done.  I don't think this appearance was spontaneous and was planned ahead of time.