Prince & Princess Michael of Kent news and general chat

Started by marine2109, October 05, 2009, 05:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

TLLK

:vday2: :wub:

"BP: Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor to Mr Thomas Kingston. The engagement took place in August; Mr Kingston proposed on the Isle of Sark. The wedding will take place in spring of 2019."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DndWnREVYAAexqr.jpg

Congratulations to the couple and their families.

Curryong

Congratulations to them, though I wouldn't be surprised if Prss Michael would have preferred an aristo, as she thinks blue blood is very important. I think the couple have been going out for a while haven't they? Tom was a friend of Pippa's at one stage, so Gab and Pippa both married wealthy 41 year old bankers! They'll probably get invites! 

TLLK

Blue Clover

I'm actually happy for her! He's handsome and they make a great looking couple.

LouisFerdinand

amabel

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 20, 2018, 10:40:47 PM
Who is Thomas Kingston? He is not a member of the Peerage. 
Who Is Thomas Kingston, Lady Gabriella Windsor's Fianc? - YouTube
yes obviously he is not a member of the peerage.. otherwise he would not be titled Mr Thos Kingston.

Curryong

Tom started out in the diplomatic service. His father is one of England's top QC's but has not been given a knighthood, so he's a Mr as well. What an unfortunate family!

amabel

LouisFerdinand

At least Thomas' last name of Kingston sounds regal! Al least to me it does. I hope the press does not scrutinize him.

TLLK

^^^Of course they'll scrutinize him. Anything to sell more papers and earn more clicks.

Curryong

I was just being sarcastic in a jokey sort of way  with my 'unfortunate family' remark (no peerages to bost of in the family.) Sorry to confuse!

In fact I don't think there's anything in Thomas's background to cause Princess Michael any qualms. Both Thomas's parents are quite distinguished in their own way and he appears to be one of those amiable upper middleclass men who went to good schools, make living in the City and marry rather late. Nothing to frighten the horses there!

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on October 21, 2018, 10:08:02 PM
^^^Of course they'll scrutinize him. Anything to sell more papers and earn more clicks.
shouldn't think there is much to say about him really.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: TLLK on October 21, 2018, 10:08:02 PM
They will even scrutinize the color of the tie that Thomas will wear on his wedding day.

Blue Clover

Curryong

In the engagement announcement it said the Spring of 2019, nothing more specific than that. Actually, as Lady Gabriella is in her late thirties already, you'd think the couple would have sped it up a bit if they want a family. A Christmas wedding is always nice, for instance!

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2018, 02:16:14 AM

I doubt that Thomas is going to be deeply scrutinised unless some scandal blows up. The main thing the papers raked up about him when the engagement was announced was announced was that he'd occasionally accompanied Pippa to various events.

His fiancee, Lady Gabriella, isn't in the public eye much. When she was younger, as a pretty and elegant member of the RF, she got the occasional article in magazines like Vanity Fair. Nowadays she's rarely seen unless there's a Royal or society wedding and she's a guest, with other royals at the Trooping or the Xmas lunch for the extended BRF, or at Ascot. And then it's only a glimpse or one photo. These two will be leading completely private lives.

LouisFerdinand

@Curryong, I agree that a Christmas wedding would be nice. Perhaps a wedding in early April might occur.

LouisFerdinand

Princess Michael of Kent is an authoress. She wrote Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides. Has she done any book illustrations?

Curryong

PM worked as an interior decorator before her marriage so I guess she has a creative sense. However, although she's penned about five books on foreign and historic royal figures, I've never read that she is a good enough artist to be able to produce sketches or paintings to illustrate them.

amabel

Ive looked at one of her books and they seem to have paintings of historical figures.. I can't imagine why she would try to be an illustrator. 

oak_and_cedar

I suppose there are people that are professional that she can hire for that kind of task.
However, if she was talented enough why not?

Has anyone read any of her books?