A New Chapter Part 8

Started by wannable, June 13, 2022, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Why was Prince Harry invited to give a speech about Nelson Mandela?

The British royal offered an insipid, cliche-laden take that only further watered down the anti-apartheid icon's story.

By Zeeshan Aleem, MSNBC Opinion Columnist

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/ncna1297357

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on July 19, 2022, 12:15:53 AM
Why was Prince Harry invited to give a speech about Nelson Mandela?

The British royal offered an insipid, cliche-laden take that only further watered down the anti-apartheid icon's story.

By Zeeshan Aleem, MSNBC Opinion Columnist

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/ncna1297357

Well, that?s only one bloke?s opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Harry wasn?t there to comment for hours on Mandella?s actions as a South African politician. And unlike Aleem, Harry at least knows members of Nelson Mandella?s family, friends and colleagues who stood beside him in his years of struggle.

wannable

Perhaps the calculation was that Harrys celebrity would draw attention to an important historical figure. But the price of such a vulgar wager is that Mandelas extraordinary legacy was watered down even more.
Unquote

Too many empty seats, a YouTube video panning 360 made it more evident. Delegations didnt send not even the most junior employee to stand in, a janitor in orange sat at one of the end seats with his 🧹 ,  what happened to the black community to fill the guest seats. In the YouTube video almost completely empty towards the left of the podium.

In reference to the diplomatic delegations, its known to send a representative be it a junior or a secretary, but not even that. IMO a sign of disapproval.

By the way, the comments of the above political journalist is being replicated by others too, they expect too much depth in a speech rather than a bit cheesy stuff.

Curryong

I?ve been used to important political speeches being made in the Commons and here in the House of Reps to half empty seating to take any notice. Were Harry and Meghan in charge of the seating arrangements and guest list? Or was that the responsibility of the Mandella Foundation? There is no evidence whatsoever that diplomatic delegations disapproved of anything at all. That?s your take on it.

There were other keynote speakers there as well, btw. As for disapproval in the media the Sussexes are used to it.

?journalist is being replicated by others too, they expect too much depth in a speech rather than a bit cheesy stuff.?

That?s rather funny, considering you called Harry?s speech a ?good one? earlier today.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on July 18, 2022, 03:10:45 PM
Harry delivered a good speech.

Again, shame Mandela Day isn't before the summer holiday.

Harry has always been good at relating to people and is a natural speaker.  However, I am at odds with him over many, if not most, of his comments. He was honored to be asked to give the speech and he has influence, but he missed the opportunity to inspire.       

sara8150

Prince Harry speech: Duke wades into US politics again at empty UN for Nelson Mandela Day | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry says photo of Princess Diana meeting Nelson Mandela remains on 'his wall and his heart' | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry says Covid and climate change have left him feeling 'battered and helpless' | Daily Mail Online

Is there any country that is good enough for the woke Duke, asks MEGHAN MCCAIN  | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry mercilessly mocked by South African press for preachy speech honoring Nelson Mandela | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry Reveals When He Knew Meghan Markle Was His 'Soulmate' | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Arrive at the UN for Nelson Mandela Day | PEOPLE.com

Prince Harry reveals where he feels closest to late mother Princess Diana | HELLO!

Prince Harry calls Meghan Markle his 'soulmate' on rare New York outing - best photos | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-62217261

Prince Harry says 'this has been a painful year, in a painful decade' in United Nations Mandela Day speech | UK News | Sky News

Nigel Farage blasts Prince Harry after UN speech for 'never working a day in his life' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry mocked as picture emerges of near-empty UN crowd 'Was a packed house' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal Family: No elected office! Prince Harry speech sparks row 'Why is he at UN?' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry 'shining' as he recalls Princess Diana in UN Nelson Mandela Day speech | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry blasts world leaders for 'assault on democracy' and preaches on US politics AGAIN | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

?Harry?s voice but Meghan?s words? Duke and Duchess accused of being FAKE over UN speech | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-07-18/harry-warns-of-global-assault-on-democracy-and-freedom-in-speech-about-mandela

Prince Harry's plea for 'global leaders to lead' as 'the world is on fire again' - Mirror Online

Prince Harry has a touching picture of Princess Diana with Nelson Mandela on his wall - Mirror Online

Prince Harry's a lost soul who thinks he's a modern-day Mandela - but he's not fit to sew his brightly coloured shirt | The Sun

Prince Harry only did his UN talk for money & his Netflix show, royal biographer Tom Bower tells Piers Morgan on TalkTV | The Sun

Prince Harry wades into politics after arriving at UN with Meghan Markle amid rumours duchess wants to run for President | The Sun

Princess Cassandra

Prince Harry speech: Duke wades into US politics again at empty UN for Nelson Mandela Day | Daily Mail Online

I don't think Harry should be meddling in US Politics. He is entitled to his opinions, of course, but as he is not a US citizen and is a guest in the US he should, in my opinion, behave like a guest and not be so critical. And if COVID and the environment have affected him as he says in his speech, then he has other important things to spend his time and energy on. 

wannable

There were red flags once SS sent the email to the media about Mandela Day. The PR machine and the couple themselves harm their image, brand, whatever you want to call it with every decision they do. They want the couple to be more than what Harry  (and Meghan for 1 year and 7 months) was when working as a senior royal, ''soft power influencer'' to ''world power conquerors'' As Tom Bower said in one of the extracts; SS filled H&M with a bunch of gobbledygook that they were some kind of Gods better and superior than anyone in the BRF, not in this exact words but basically that.   

I don't need to read any more articles from broadsheet to tabloids about Harry's speech, basically 98% criticize the many quotes from the speech to choose from and make more than 2 dozens of different subjects, not kidding, I've read enough. IMO he simply was asked because the Mandela Foundation thought the couple (or Harry) would bring in the crowds, he was the only celebrity that had a speech (I thought it was 'good' as expected from Him, with poor grades in education and what not, etc that many of the articles also said he really doesn't work hard to get results, it takes years to have a bit of authority in subject (s), so he used his mom rather than dad who actually had ''deeper'' conversations for an entire week Mandela came to the UK for a tour, the couple alike want fast results, that's a fail right there), everyone else in the list are active politicians with a government active position, minus 2 award activist (who really work in real life 5 days a week and aren't virtue signaling Mandela's teachings once every blue moon) that the Mandela Foundation with expert help from the outside gives every 5 years.

sara8150

wannable

Keep your royal nose out! US Supreme Court Justice MOCKS Prince Harry for attacking decision to clamp down on access to abortion in the US

^ I agree, the US Supreme Court did the right thing giving each State to decide if they allow or not abortion.  California allows it. (ETA: For those who don't know a Federal law is a Supremacy Clause versus anything else less, so abortion was taken out of being a Federal Law and is a State Law/each state decide or not if they allow abortion in their State) Crying over spilt milk IMO. If one really wants to get rid, cross state borders or better yet get sexual education, practice it so one doesn't have to kill a unborn.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on July 29, 2022, 12:46:48 PM
Keep your royal nose out! US Supreme Court Justice MOCKS Prince Harry for attacking decision to clamp down on access to abortion in the US

^ I agree, the US Supreme Court did the right thing giving each State to decide if they allow or not abortion.  California allows it. (ETA: For those who don't know a Federal law is a Supremacy Clause versus anything else less, so abortion was taken out of being a Federal Law and is a State Law/each state decide or not if they allow abortion in their State) Crying over spilt milk IMO. If one really wants to get rid, cross state borders or better yet get sexual education, practice it so one doesn't have to kill a unborn.
I agree. Roe v. Wade was not constitutional and that was not the right way to protect the right of choice. If a federal law to protect the right to choose is wanted, Harry could have used the speech to promote the need for a grass roots effort for an amendment to the Constitution. Instead he followed the political, false, showboat bandwagon and attached the SCOTUS. It is also very hard to accept criticism and a lecture from someone who is not a naturalized citizen. If one is a guest, one doesn't criticize the host. 

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on July 29, 2022, 01:53:10 PM
I agree. Roe v. Wade was not constitutional and that was not the right way to protect the right of choice. If a federal law to protect the right to choose is wanted, Harry could have used the speech to promote the need for a grass roots effort for an amendment to the Constitution. Instead he followed the political, false, showboat bandwagon and attached the SCOTUS. It is also very hard to accept criticism and a lecture from someone who is not a naturalized citizen. If one is a guest, one doesn't criticize the host. 

I have to agree regarding Prince Harry's latest comments regarding the United States' Constitution. He's a guest here in his wife's native country and I do not appreciate his remarks. I had hoped that he'd learned that from his last comment about the First Amendment.  <_< To be honest, it would have been better if it had not been included in his speech. Meghan is an American, so I don't take issue with her expressing her opinions on the topics that affect our nation.

wannable

My view of this is when the first world countries wanted to invest, make business, open all sorts of industries in 3rd world countries, the latter agreed they can with a huge extra investment where the prior (prior being: Old Europe, UK, USA, Canada, basically the G8!) at the UN would criticize heavily; a majority of poor people and no sexual education, all factual because of statistics. So millions of dollars were given to ministries of education and where monies were mostly needed to develop these countries. Sexual Education was/is obligatory, graded and making sure every student knows that they come from countries that make children like cats and dogs...to put it mildly, almost to the brink of traumatizing people about having unwanted children because they are poor or a teenager, both women/men. (My dad, rest in peace, was a expat Vice President of one of the 5 largest industries in the world, we got superb education and read all sorts of stats to the countries we hop, skip and jump every 2, 4 or 5 years)

Reverse the situation, all those woke moaners in the USA prefer to abort abort abort rather than get educated.

My point being, Harry (and Meghan) are bandwagoners that do little rather than extensive research.  Also this Harry saying that Democracy is being !"?$%, isn't true. Matter of fact IS that the Supreme Court DID practice democracy by FIXING what should always have been a State Law rather than a Federal Law.

wannable

Reverse the situation, all those woke moaners in the USA prefer to abort abort abort rather than get educated.

Currently, just 29 U.S. states and Washington D.C. mandate sex education in schools, and only 11 states and D.C. require LGBTQ-inclusive sex education. What?s more, of the states that mandate sex education, 15 states do not require the content to be evidence-informed, medically accurate, and complete.

Experts acknowledge the wide gap between the sexual health education that young people currently receive and the tools they need to be informed about their bodies and sexual health.

What happened? I really get angry when 1 step forward, 1000 steps back happens.  I mean come on, as a daughter to an expat exploiting (developing) poor countries....I still don't know why the minority of woke moaners  cry over abortion versus sexual edu.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 29, 2022, 02:50:01 PM
Currently, just 29 U.S. states and Washington D.C. mandate sex education in schools, and only 11 states and D.C. require LGBTQ-inclusive sex education. What?s more, of the states that mandate sex education, 15 states do not require the content to be evidence-informed, medically accurate, and complete.

Experts acknowledge the wide gap between the sexual health education that young people currently receive and the tools they need to be informed about their bodies and sexual health.

What happened? I really get angry when 1 step forward, 1000 steps back happens.  I mean come on, as a daughter to an expat exploiting (developing) poor countries....I still don't know why the minority of woke moaners  cry over abortion versus sexual edu.

I do not know any persons in US public life who support abortion and are upset about what has happened to Roe-Wade who are fine and OK with restricted sex education in US State schools, whether that is LGBTQ or not. LGBTQ education is a fairly new phenomenon. However it?s been known for decades that poorer, more rural States, especially in the South, have never provided quality sex education. These States are usually (though not all) poor, have less innovative, more conservative State legislatures and very conservative School boards. Many are red States in fact, and several have less tertiary educated populations.

If I as an Aussie (who has nevertheless visited the US on occasions) know that educators and Dems have been complaining about third class sex education in these States for decades then I?m absolutely sure that US citizens who take an interest would know about it also. Enough articles have been written about it over the years. 

This is an article from back in 2016 which has facts and figures on it.

America?s Sex Education: How We Are Failing Our Students | Nursing@USC

Princess Cassandra

I agree with you all that the discussion should begin with the need for improved sex education. Apparently it will take brave spokes-folk to address this as well as abortion and the right to choose. I expect that in the USA the quality of sex education will and does depend on the states and school departments. In the meantime, I discussed at length with my children, even though it was hard at times.

wannable

^ I'm looking for the line chart science article I read when the subject exploded, I tried to read all sides.  There WAS a time when sex edu WAS working (as in being conscious about being responsible, taking responsibility of ones actions, virtual signaling and blaming others didn't exist) in the USA. I'm almost sure it's Generation X (I'll keep looking for that article, very very long and scientific).  The science find after Gen X, half of the millennial going forward want everything ''fast''. Quick ''solutions (that pretty much sounds like a band aid/plaster solutions), no long term think tanks to most if not all subjects, if I don't like I quit mentality the gen Z is worst. I actually wanted to further research, because in my industry the Gen X (I'm Gen X) are being asked to stay longer than retirement, which would be an interesting subject in coffee board/thread.

wannable

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on July 29, 2022, 10:39:09 PM
I agree with you all that the discussion should begin with the need for improved sex education. Apparently it will take brave spokes-folk to address this as well as abortion and the right to choose. I expect that in the USA the quality of sex education will and does depend on the states and school departments. In the meantime, I discussed at length with my children, even though it was hard at times.

The brave folk in the 70, 80 and 90s were hell bent to make UN speeches about 3rd world countries, hence my previous to the latest comment. So the solution was to give more monies IF you as a 1st world country wanted to invest in Africa, Latin America, Asia minus China. And IT WORKED (the exploiters, my Dad included used the majority of whatever religion practiced in the country, learned about it, respect it as a ''guest'' speak about sex, babies, abortion, nothing over the line, nothing spooky, very measured....he transmitted this to us 6 kids who are also guests, of course it is stuck with me, really many things about culture of each country I visited), so I'm a bit sad and angry at the same time with whatever minority group shouting for abortion rather than sex education.

Note: Dad worked for an American giant worldwide, so yes the corporation had a ''welcome booklet'' (for each country we went) for the parent, spouse and the children. It had all sorts of unique info that we all had to learn before stepping out of a airplane and setting foot. An expat bad behaviour is and will probably end up in the news of a 3rd world country, more so because we come to ''rule'' with monies giving lectures about wherever monies was invested other than the monies to make a company and start production.

TLLK

Let's now return to the topic of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex-A New Chapter Part 8.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on July 30, 2022, 02:17:09 AM
Well, thats a lie for a start off as Sophie detailed a long chat with Harry at Philip?s funeral.

Sophie combats claims she snubbed Harry at Philip's funeral by pointing to 'lengthy' chat | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
That was her gentle way of saying that there is a lot behind the scenes that the press does not see. Perhaps he had a chance to speak to many of his relatives after the service when the press was not there.

wannable

Nothing important was said, if not Harry would have gone running to a 🎤 in less than 24 hours.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on July 30, 2022, 02:49:23 PM
Nothing important was said, if not Harry would have gone running to a 🎤 in less than 24 hours.
He might have done - and if he did the family would have made sure there was more than one of them involved in the discussion. Harry  probably wouldn't have had anything to say to the press, as the family would have made light niceties the basis of conversations.

wannable

It probably doesn't sell like hours after PP funeral, he told Gayle King that the conversation with Charles and William ''were not productive''.  The couple wreck so much havoc, it's hard to keep up or remember, then google is my friend.  The next day all front page news had Harry (and Gayle King simulating on the phone with Harry) with the ''NOT PRODUCTIVE'' in Super font 18 and bold letters rather than the solemn Queen saying goodbye to her lifetime partner.

IMO everytime people abuse the elderly, the more I dislike them. He has become so dissociative he thinks that trashing Charles, William doesn't affect the Queen, Camilla, Kate. He really needs all sorts of help from people that really care for him, rather than the paid people who don't and encourage him to be worse by the minute, hour, day, week, month.