A New Chapter Part 6

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 19, 2021, 09:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

What Meghan's $4.99 Sizzler salad letter DIDN'T say: She went to $16,000-a-year-private school after her father won the lottery, she's not a politician but was 'acting like she wants to be' and nannies helped with child care

Critics have also questioned one of the most astonishing parts of her letter, that she suggests her family were impoverished but fails to mention her father was an Emmy award-winning lighting director and she was educated at private school from kindergarten including the $16,000-a-year private Immaculate Heart High School (inset) - all paid for by Thomas Markle's salary and his state lottery win. Many of Meghan's supporters have backed her calls for universal paid leaves for parents, but pointed out that her letter fails to mention Joe Biden, who is about to try to force it into law as part of his $3.5million Build Back Better Agenda.

More from DM

Curryong

^ ?No trouble being royal?.? Well actually Harry is royal, and has been from birth. He?s happens to be a Prince, unless you?re insinuating that that?s a false styling. And ?novel-sized posts? What about the slab from the DM that was posted by wannabie criticising Meghan,  or doesn?t that matter? And if I choose to post long posts refuting a load of untruths and bs that is my own business unless it?s proscribed by the mods or admin.

Curryong

Here linked below are court documents that give Meghan?s side to the NW fees etc, which were paid by Meghan herself, Doria and Thomas (who apparently took out a loan to do so with NW admin so I don?t know where the tale about FB shares came from.) 

Meghan also points out in these documents that she sent regular financial contributions to her father from 2014. Thomas has made several comments over the years that his adult children ?owe me?, so I?ve got no doubt he expected Meghan to pay back any educational expenses.

Meghan Markle denies she didn't help dad with money - and sent 'voluntary contributions' - Mirror Online

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 21, 2021, 07:06:29 PM
More from DM

I?ve already answered the Fail?s lies, mistruths and bs on the subject in previous posts. And anyone who believes that rag is a leading light of truth and credible journalism needs their head read. The British tabloids are there for so-called entertainment, nothing else. A YouGov poll once pointed out that precisely 11% of the British public believe anything they read in these rags. The rest is rejected.

Ayse

No, my point is what everyone thinks. They pretend to hate the royal family and everything that it represents but they desperately need it. Like i said before, i really applaud them. They played the perfect game. No one can make hundreds of millions dollars off of something they hate. But they were able to do it.

Curryong

Quote from: Ayse on October 21, 2021, 07:48:08 PM
No, my point is what everyone thinks. They pretend to hate the royal family and everything that it represents but they desperately need it. Like i said before, i really applaud them. They played the perfect game. No one can make hundreds of millions dollars off of something they hate. But they were able to do it.

What ?everyone thinks?? Have you taken a survey of what ?everyone? in the US, UK, the Commonwealth, Europe, Africa Asia etc thinks about this particular subject? I?m always wary when I address meetings and seminars etc of speaking for workmates and colleagues in my workplace let alone for everyone in the world. You must be remarkable if you believe you can articulate what billions of people think without them even saying so..

And Harry and Meghan spoke out in their interview about the system in place for members of the RF, about the hierarchy at the Palace and about various aspects of royal lives that place people in a gilded cage without them even realising it. Meghan also spoke about a conversation about her coming child?s possible skin colour, a conversation I have no doubt whatsoever took place.

Harry after all grew up in that gilded cage. None of us did. And none of us know what it is like to live it for over 30 years. Nor do we know exactly how Meghan was treated within that system. What we do know is that she had a first year of marriage which included a new way of life, new country and a new baby, experiencing all sorts of pressures which the British tabloids made a 1,000 times more difficult.

Nevertheless I do not believe that Harry hates his family, (or pretends to) nor do I believe his family hates him. In the end he wanted to leave the ranks of the working royals and did so, for the sake of his wife and his sanity.

Ayse

Quote from: Curryong on October 21, 2021, 08:15:54 PM
What ?everyone thinks?? Have you taken a survey of what ?everyone? in the US, UK, the Commonwealth, Europe, Africa Asia etc thinks about this particular subject? I?m always wary when I address meetings and seminars etc of speaking for workmates and colleagues in my workplace let alone for everyone in the world. You must be remarkable if you believe you can articulate what billions of people think without them even saying so..

And Harry and Meghan spoke out in their interview about the system in place for members of the RF, about the hierarchy at the Palace and about various aspects of royal lives that place people in a gilded cage without them even realising it. Meghan also spoke about a conversation about her coming child?s possible skin colour, a conversation I have no doubt whatsoever took place.

Harry after all grew up in that gilded cage. None of us did. And none of us know what it is like to live it for over 30 years. Nor do we know exactly how Meghan was treated within that system. What we do know is that she had a first year of marriage which included a new way of life, new country and a new baby, experiencing all sorts of pressures which the British tabloids made a 1,000 times more difficult.

Nevertheless I do not believe that Harry hates his family, (or pretends to) nor do I believe his family hates him. In the end he wanted to leave the ranks of the working royals and did so, for the sake of his wife and his sanity.

Oh yeah when they were trashing the royal family, they meant the Firm. Not its members. Yes, i forgot that little detail. For someone who seems to care great deal about his wife?s feelings and his family?s well being Harry doesn?t seem to care much about others families does he? I wonder did he think about William when he said  William also feels trapped? But of course who cares about William?s privacy when you?re doing an interview with Oprah right?

Point is, they need their royal titles. They?re nothing without their titles. They know it, people they work for also know it. And like you say, they?re free to use it and people are free to call out their hypocrisy.

TLLK

We've now reached over 15 pages on this thread. It's time to close this one and open a new one.