Books about and written by the Sussexes

Started by sara8150, May 13, 2020, 03:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Andrew Morton: 'Meghan and the Unmasking of the Monarchy: A Hollywood Princess'.

The writer, who recently updated the tome with more details about the former royal couple, spoke about about the pair's move to America - telling salon.com the couple would have been pushed out in the future anyway.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'did Prince William a favour by 'jumping ship' because he wants to slim down monarchy and would have 'asked them to walk the gangplank', biographer Andrew Morton claims
Andrew Morton is the famous royal author of Diana: In Her Own Words
He authored Meghan and the Unmasking of the Monarchy: A Hollywood Princess
Morton says Prince William and Prince Charles want to slim down the Monarchy
In leaving the Firm, Harry and his wife therefore did them a favour, he says

The author also spoke about the couple's move to California, and the way they have tried to portray it publicly.
He believes that Harry and Meghan like to foster the narrative that they came to Los Angeles without any kind of specific plans in place.
However, Morton feels there is evidence to suggest that the Sussexes had been planning a move to Hollywood for some time.

Curryong

Morton has also portrayed the other side of Meghan, and of Harry, which he has spoken about when promoting his updated book.

Meghan Markle "excites controversy" ? Andrew Morton on the galvanizing power of the People's Duchess | Salon.com

Watching Meghan's public trajectory, it's hard not to make comparisons with Diana.

?Plus ca change. Everything changes. Everything stays the same. Meghan's talking about her sense of isolation, her loneliness, and her despair. Diana, similarly, was talking about the fact that she just felt that she was living in a hostile environment. The difference ? the big difference ? was that Diana and Charles effectively separated pretty early on in their marriage and went their separate ways.

Whereas, with Meghan and Harry, the one thing you can't say about them is that they're not a genuinely loving couple.?

End quote.

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/new-things-we-learnt-about-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-in-new-book-by-andrew-morton/e7b299cd-0428-4856-926b-a315463c7fd9

Morton says Meghan gifted Kate a gold bracelet after the bridesmaids? fitting as  "an elegant peace offering".

"The spat concerning the bridesmaids' outfits now behind them, Meghan had since given Kate and her six closest friends gold bracelets designed by Californian jeweller Lisette Polny as a thank-you for their help and support," Morton writes.

"It was an elegant peace offering, both women professional enough to know that there was no gain in showing dissent or disdain."

And there?s quite a bit more in his book (which I bought)  where he is fair about Meghan.

wannable

I'm neutral with him. In other words, I haven't seen brouhaha in the media or social media when people quote him.

Curryong

The only brouhaha you get is with Finding Freedom because the British media and SM can?t bear the thought that the authors aren?t being nasty about them in every chapter a la Lady C. However both FF and Morton?s ?American Princess? both sold well enough to be updated and/or brought out again in paperback. Lady C?s and other authors who went on a wholesale attack on Meghan,  didn?t.

Curryong

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on November 05, 2021, 10:14:47 PM
The only brouhaha you get is with Finding Freedom because the British media and SM can?t bear the thought that the authors aren?t being nasty about them in every chapter a la Lady C. However both FF and Morton?s ?American Princess? both sold well enough to be updated and/or brought out again in paperback. Lady C?s and other authors who went on a wholesale attack on Meghan,  didn?t.

Omid Scobie is another individual who has been caught lying (with proof too for that matter).

Curryong

Omid and Carolyn are best-selling authors so it doesn?t look as if just the Sussex Squad were buying FF, lol.

wannable

Of course people with an interest in a subject should read all sides. If not, then one isn't knowledgeable. One sided story...will be questioned.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 05, 2021, 10:46:22 PM
Of course people with an interest in a subject should read all sides. If not, then one isn't knowledgeable. One sided story...will be questioned.

Well, I don?t know. I?ve got books on Camilla, whom I can?t stand. And four on William and on Kate, who aren?t great favourites. And six on Charles (with and without Camilla.) Two on the revolting Andrew, and five on Meghan and Harry, including Lacey and Morton as well as Scobie and Durrant. And I read Lady C?s tome rather than purchase it simply because friends had bought the thing anyway and I refuse to give that woman any money after her lying bio on the QM. So I don?t know what that says about me!

wannable

Morton or Omid, one is wrong or lying about the dress fitting day. I have a list of questions, but let's start with:

You linked Morton, it sounds nice, the gold braclets. Omid said nothing happened, it's all a lie.

Curryong

You have to look at the whole picture if you?re reading books like these without historical footnotes. It?s not a question of who?s lying with details like that. Neither Morton nor Scobie were hanging off the chandeliers when it happened (if it did.) Nor have Kate or Meghan been likely to have rushed off confiding what happened to anyone directly afterwards. So you are left with sources like courtiers and aides with both authors who may or may not have their own axes to grind. Morton may hear one thing about an incident, Scobie details of another event not picked up by Morton. Just because one of them hears a bracelet was given and the other hears that nothing was, doesn?t mean that one is lying.

Look, you can say that maybe Morton picked the thing up about the bracelet from the designer himself (he has lots of American contacts.) So, he may be correct.

On the other hand, Scobie is based in London and hears lots of things. He tends to believe that the relationship deteriorated during Meghan?s pregnancy, that Kate thought  about Meg being isolated and went to FC (which she had previously visited just once) with a bunch of flowers for Meghan?s birthday in August.

Meghan apparently said, according to Scobie, ?Too late. Not good enough!? and slammed the door in her face. Now, I tend to believe that, because that?s the sort of reaction I?d have after being left alone for months in a strange country, even though that reported incident makes Meghan look bad. So the reader?s own personality comes into it all as well when reading these bios.

wannable

I make my own decisions of what to believe and not.  As I said it's important to read ''all''. For what it's worth, it's only IMO when I don't state a 'fact', statistic and the sort.

You said I don't like Omid, he's lied and he's been caught, not exactly with the book. Someone who easily lies, why should I believe him?

Curryong

And you think I don?t make my own decisions on such things? !!

You said ?It?s important to read all?. How many biographies have you read (borrowed from the library, bought, borrowed from friends, whatever) about Meghan and Harry, pro and/or against? IMO, from decades of reading royal bios, to get any real knowledge or feeling of any of these modern royals (historical figures are different) and of their authors, at least two pro and two somewhat anti or at least neutral should be read. 

wannable

I haven't questioned 'you'.  Review again my comments, it's strictly about Morton and Omid. You then attacked a 'persona' who reads them?! I think, I mean I didn't take it personally, but the separation of 2 groups of people, which is fine...then I said it's good to read 'all' sides, in order to question, discuss, etc..

For what it's worth  :happy15: the version I believe is the one who broke it: Camilla Tominey, Kate who had just given birth, cried.

Curryong

What persona was I attacking?

Camilla hasn?t written a bio of Meghan. And she wasn?t hanging off the chandeliers at the time either. She, like all the RRs etc, is only as good as her sources. And, as I said before these people like aides giving stories to RRs  often take sides and have their own axe to grind.

So I take it you haven?t read any full biographies of Meghan and Harry from any author, pro or anti. So how can you form an opinion about their books?

Macrobug67

TLLK

We've now reached 15 pages on this thread. It's time to close it and open a new one.