Charles and Camilla's events 2019

Started by Blue Clover, January 22, 2019, 06:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Camilla today at the Royal School of Needlework. They created the embroidery detail for QEII's coronation robe and Catherine Middleton's wedding dress..

Twitter

QuoteIn Her Royal Highness?s role as Patron, The Duchess visits The Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace.

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2019, 08:54:53 PM

She is also visiting the Victory Services newly refurbished center today.

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2019, 08:55:21 PM

QuoteIn her role as Patron-in-Chief, The Duchess is visiting the newly refurbished facilities at the @VictoryServices Club today.

Founded in 1907 to promote ?esprit de corps? among retired members of the Armed Forces, the Club now has 64,000 members.

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuotePrince Charles & Duchess Camilla will attend the Royal Film Performance on December 4th.

The annual Royal Film Performance is returning after a 3-year gap. The event raises funds for the Queen's Patronage  The Film and TV Charity.
Twitter

Film and Tv charity Twitter says

QuoteWe?re delighted to announce that The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Royal Film Performance and World Premiere of #1917film, an event raising funds to support people working behind-the-scenes in UK film and TV.
Twitter

wannable

This is one film I'm looking forward. I love war movies.

wannable

Very elegant.  A must see film, I love war movies based on real life.

TLLK

Royal Movie Night: Prince Charles and Camilla attend Royal Film Performance of ?1917? ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Royal Film Performance of 1917, a First World War epic at the ODEON Luxe on Wednesday evening.

The royal couple arrived on the red carpet shortly before the film began and met with representatives of The Film and TV Charity, which administers the Royal Film Performance, as well as the director, producers, and stars of 1917.

Prince Charles and Camilla met with Oscar-winning director Sam Mendes and stars Dean-Charles Chapman, Colin Firth, Andrew Scott, Richard Madden, Mark Strong, and Claire Duburcq before entering the theatre.

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteLove this:
The Duchess of Rothesay (as Camilla is known in Scotland) will attend a special graduation ceremony to confer honorary degrees upon Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal and Professor Janet Darbyshire in her role as Chancellor of University of Aberdeen next Tuesday.

LouisFerdinand

It is wonderful that Princess Anne will receive an honorary degree. She carries out numerous royal duties.  :clap: :clap: :congrats: :congrats:

Princess Cassandra

A wonderful and fun event much needed right now.

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteToday The Duchess of Rothesay, Chancellor of The University of Aberdeen, presented The Princess Royal with an Honorary Degree in recognition of her contribution to public life

Princess Cassandra

I'll be looking for video's. The Queen and DofE must be so proud.

TLLK

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited The Tower of London today, February 13, to mark 535 years since the creation of Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters) and join a reception with VisitBritain/VisitEngland to celebrate 50 years of the British Tourist Authority:

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

Curryong

I looove the Tower. I especially used to like visiting on autumn days (not so many tourists) to soak up the atmosphere. What a lot of history those walls have seen, sad, happy, mournful, contemplative. I don't think anyone can visit and not be moved by the whole thing.

TLLK

It was one of my favorite London and royal sites to visit. Wonderfully entertaining and knowledgeable Yeoman guides who brought the entire history to life. 

Twitter

QuoteThe Tower of London
@TowerOfLondon
Today we welcome TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to mark 535 years since the creation of the Yeoman Warders and 50 years of the British Tourist Authority

Double post auto-merged: February 14, 2020, 02:36:48 AM

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall Visit the Tower of London - YouTube

Princess Cassandra

What fun to see the Prince looking at his special POW crown. That has history, itself, since it was designed by Earl Snowden. I understand a ping pong ball was used to determine the size of the sphere. It's very masculine and was, I think, very well designed for him. The Earl passed along his creative genes to his children, too.

TLLK

Here is a little history on the coronet used for Charles' investiture. The one that was used for the future Edward VIII was not available since the DoW took it with him when he moved to France.

The Designer Behind Prince Charles?s Controversial Coronet

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 15, 2020, 05:04:10 PM
Here is a little history on the coronet used for Charles' investiture. The one that was used for the future Edward VIII was not available since the DoW took it with him when he moved to France.

The Designer Behind Prince Charles?s Controversial Coronet
Thanks for finding this wonderful article!!! It WAS modern, and it WAS different. It was also masculine and architectural, but as the article states it was NOT designed by Anthony Armstrong Jones, which was how I had remembered the story. I must admit I really like it and wonder what the POW's thoughts were while he was gazing at it. I also forgot that the Duke of Windsor was still alive at the time. I understand why he wasn't asked to return it, but I'm surprised he didn't offer it. After all, he was not going to be using it again. There may be an explanation, or perhaps it shows the level of hard feelings that were still there at the time.

Curryong

Yes, I've read that Tony AJ designed Charles's coronet as well. It was a very ultra modern 60's style coronet bad so went with the very modern settings for the ceremony, I suppose. King Edward VIII's piece was deeply old fashioned and, I've read, a bit battered, so TPTB probably didn't think it was suitable.

Edward snaffled a lot of things he wasn't supposed to, and apparently some of the courtiers who were administrators of the Orders of the Bath, Thistle etc were a bit miffed at his robes and insignia going overseas with him as he had given up being King Emperor. However, nobody wanted an unseemly quarrel and so it was just left.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on February 16, 2020, 06:00:29 AM
Yes, I've read that Tony AJ designed Charles's coronet as well. It was a very ultra modern 60's style coronet bad so went with the very modern settings for the ceremony, I suppose. King Edward VIII's piece was deeply old fashioned and, I've read, a bit battered, so TPTB probably didn't think it was suitable.

Edward snaffled a lot of things he wasn't supposed to, and apparently some of the courtiers who were administrators of the Orders of the Bath, Thistle etc were a bit miffed at his robes and insignia going overseas with him as he had given up being King Emperor. However, nobody wanted an unseemly quarrel and so it was just left.
Interesting! A question we'll never have answered is whether he wanted those things or just didn't want anyone else to have them. We read about his departure and it sounds like there was very little time for packing, but I guess there was. I've also read in two of his biographies that both he and the Duchess were fearful of being poor, yet they were very wealthy and spent money on themselves accordingly. Perhaps he thought those items (and probably more things were taken, too) would bring cash if needed. Anyway, I'm sure the current POW preferred the coronet that was made for him, and perhaps this story was in his head as he and the DOC were looking at it. 

TLLK

Ladies-IMHO it's rather ugly but over time it now has gained a certain kitschy and retro vibe. Wonder what type of television/radio reception one could receive through it? :P :hehe:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on February 16, 2020, 02:12:36 PM
Ladies-IMHO it's rather ugly but over time it now has gained a certain kitschy and retro vibe. Wonder what type of television/radio reception one could receive through it? :P :hehe:
:goodpost:, TLLC: LOL