Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 1

Started by TLLK, October 19, 2017, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

TLLK

Meghan Mania: Which doll will be first in the new Royal Wedding race?

QuoteAll members of the royal family have been subject to this doll transformation. Her soon-to-be sister-in-law, Kate, hubby Prince William, and their children have all been made into dolls. It?s just what happens to the British royal family. Their images pop up on the most unlikely places: toaster cozies, teacups, coffeepots, ashtrays, and even bars of soap!

Just in time for the holidays!!!! :xmas1:

Scroll through to see some of the past royal dolls including Princess Grace, Diana, Princess of Wales, the Cambridges etc...I'm sure we'll see a Mattel version of Harry and Meghan too.

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 03, 2017, 10:58:22 PM
Will Meghan have a peony bridal bouquet?   
Peony Bridal Bouquet, in a cascading style - YouTube
I predict that it will be primarily white flowers but I don't know which varieties we be featured. Peonies are lovely though.

Royal Wedding Bouquets ? Royal Central

QuoteRoyal wedding dresses have to stand the test of time, but it?s not just the dress we remember. It?s the bouquet

sara8150

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

I doubt it. The distance from the castle to the chapel is very short and on a downward slope. More than likely she'll be driven via a royal Bentley  to the chapel like Sophie and Autumn were for their weddings.

sara8150

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding: Couple to break tradition using this fruit in cake
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to break tradition by using this fruit in wedding cake | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2017, 06:59:38 PM

Meghan and Harry's Royal wedding day could be TERRORIST TARGET
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Royal wedding could be terror target | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

Considering what the UK has been through in the last year, I'm not surprised that St. George's was chosen as the venue.
QuoteSecurity around the event in May is likely to exceed even that of Prince William and Kate Middleton?s nuptials in 2011, when 5,000 police officers were on duty.

The unprecedented threat from terrorism is understood to have been one reason for the couple?s decision to marry at St George?s Chapel inside Windsor Castle rather than at Westminster Abbey.

Security chiefs believe they are able to throw a ring of steel around the Berkshire town much more easily and more effectively than central London.

A well-placed source said that a Special Forces team will mingle with the tens of thousands of well-wishers lining the wedding route to keep an eye out for anyone acting suspiciously.

Snipers will take up position on vantage points in and around Windsor?s 11th century castle and armed police will man road blocks around the town

LouisFerdinand

Might there be banners bearing the initials M and H on the route of the wedding?     

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TLLK

Royal wedding 2018: Prince Harry to receive wedding gift from Royal regiment | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2017, 11:44:50 PM

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 05, 2017, 09:57:18 PM
Might there be banners bearing the initials M and H on the route of the wedding?     

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I've never seen that done for any previous BRF wedding either at WA or SGC. @Curryong-Have you ever seen anything other than Union Jacks along a wedding route?

@LouisFerdinand-Here is video from the Cambridges' 2011 wedding procession. It's just Union Jacks along the route.Kate Middleton Prince William Wedding Procession.avi - YouTube

Kritter

Not sure but there will be an endless supply of Bric-A-Brac once the date is announced.    :xmas12:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: TLLK on December 05, 2017, 09:25:57 PM
Considering what the UK has been through in the last year, I'm not surprised that St. George's was chosen as the venue.

Thats true, but a sad commentary on the times, if it would have to be done for that reason. I think it would backfire though if certain ner'do wells decided to harm the young royals (well any royals, but the most publicity/connection is with the young ones) I think it would wake ppl up.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

^^^ Good points @Duch_Luver_4ever and any attack that day would be horrific.  However TBH my greater concern is that the well-wishers along the route will be the ones most likely to be targeted since the terrorists know that the royal family and their guests are likely to be better protected.  :(

Duch_Luver_4ever

True, they do like to go for so called "soft targets" like crowds and less protected ppl.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

amabel

I hope there wotn be any horrendous attacks, and it is problaby less likely if the service is held out of London.  Also, it will mean less crowds in London, which is always a plus..but its a shame. I don't really think Windsor is the ideal location.

sara8150

Meghan Markle has already described her dream wedding dress
Meghan Markle has already described her dream wedding dress

Wedding dress designer will remain under wraps till May 2018 same Diana and Kate?s gowns but no games till debut their dress who designer is?!?

LouisFerdinand

Were not banners bearing the initials E and P used on the route of the wedding when Princess Elizabeth married Prince Philip in 1947?

TLLK

That was a different type of wedding @LouisFerdinand  because as heir to the throne, Princess Elizabeth's wedding was a state occasion. From looking at video from Charles and Diana's 1981 wedding (also a state occasion) I didn't see any C & D banners on the route.  Honestly, I believe that the cost of creating new banners for every royal wedding would be an expense that the BRF or the state would rather not pay. Especially now since Harry and Meghan's wedding is being predicted that it will be the most expensive ever in terms of security costs. Remember that the security costs are met by the public too.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 07, 2017, 09:36:51 PM
How many hymns will the wedding service have?
I'm going to say that there will be an opening hymn, a couple midway through the service, a recessional and of course "God Save the Queen."

wannable

According to e entertainment Meghan back in LA since two days ago, and will be back to London for Christmas.
Her dad spoke to The Mirror that he would love to walk Meghan down the aisle. He spoke after receiving from the reporter a bottle of champagne and a box of English tea.

LouisFerdinand