Quack addicts

Started by abc, January 28, 2004, 05:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,...1131814,00.html

The article talks about new age/holistic healing.
It starts off talking about how the british are seen as serious, with the stiff upper lip but while "the loopier manifestations of soul-baring may have been mocked but managerial mumbo-jumbo found an eager market." It goes on to say how the spent a ton of money on consultants but the result was a more confusing public services.

The really interesting part it towrd the bottom, the first part sets the ton, is where it starts talking about how Tony blair, his wife, the Queen and even diana were really into new age/holistic stuff. "The Queen carries homeopathic remedies with her at all times. Princess Diana was a devotee of reflexology, the belief that pressure applied to magical "zones" in the hands and feet can heal ailments elsewhere in the body. Prince Charles has been a prominent champion of "holistic" treatments since 1982."

The article concludes that this is all like mysticism which is why they think it appleals to the Royals, cause there survival depends on it. Kinda Harsh but interesting/amusing non the less.

THought I would share with you all, though I wasn't sure where to put it.
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd