Prince William to Become Full-Time Student to Study Agricultural Management

Started by cinrit, December 30, 2013, 03:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 09, 2014, 09:40:20 PM
He looks great!

[/quote Yes he does. William can't help his hairline, but he keeps fit and looks good in his blue suit.

Blue Clover

It must be the $2000 plus dollar suit, I am a sap for a man in an expensive, well-made suit.  :lol:

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Blue Clover

Chiana

Quote from: cinrit on January 01, 2014, 02:09:44 PM
I'm sorry, but what does asparagus (which does nothing more than make your urine smell odd after eating it) have to do with William taking a course in agriculture?

Cindy

Asparagus can also grow hair.

Prince Harry combats hair loss with silica-rich asparagus | HIS Hair Clinic

Perhaps William will learn how to grow asparagus?

"Camilla never wanted to marry Charles.  She wanted to continue to be his paramour but stay married to Andrew." - Richard Parker Bowles

PaulaB

Quote from: TLLK on January 08, 2014, 12:13:50 AM
Quote from: PaulaB on January 07, 2014, 06:59:16 PM
Quote from: TLLK on January 07, 2014, 06:18:45 PM
Quote from: cinrit on January 06, 2014, 11:51:46 PM
I suppose the only acceptable evidence of his performance and/or achievement will be if he runs the Duchy into the ground when he takes it over.  Personally, I think he's dedicated and eager to learn.  (Opinion based on the fact that you aren't given the responsibility of saving peoples' lives for three years if you're just playing around with life's responsibilities, no matter who you are.)

Cindy
I agree as well the William is a dedicated individual who made the choice to involve himself in dangerous teamwork with SAR.  He knew the risks involved and decided it was a worthwhile career. Now that SAR is being privatized and William is in a transition year, this new opportunity is a good one IMO. He can still perform royal duties and tours while using the rest of the time to learn more about his nation's economy and policies. He has years ahead before he'll likely become the heir to the throne and can use the time to prepare for his future role.

Is it possible that William is being trained to take over from Charles at the Duchy of Cornwall to make Charles free to take over the Duchy of Lancaster????
Could be but Charles won't be the Duke of Lancaster until he's on the throne.

That doesn't preclude him taking over the day to day running of the Duchy though.

cinrit

Quote from: Macrobug on January 10, 2014, 04:17:31 AM
especially a well-made bathing suit  :angel: 

I'm old enough to be his mother (and then some), but I remember that bathing suit! :thumbsup:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jenee

Quote from: Limabeany on January 04, 2014, 01:36:45 AM
Actually, to take any course at any university you must be admitted and there are standards, also, there are certificate courses that last 10-12 weeks and even less, but there are admissions standards for all institutions, of course, it could be that simply having a future king as their student is enough for them, but everyone who ...

I work for a university and that's not true at all. Anyone can sign up for a one-off course without having to be admitted to the school, or meet any standards other then standards for the class itself.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

QuoteDuke of Cambridge's Tutor Is Told: Don't Call Him by Surname

Dons wondering how to address the Duke of Cambridge during his studies at Cambridge University might like to take a leaf out of his school teacher's book.

Guy Burt, who taught the future king English at Eton College, says: "The only difference his status made – apart from the slightly heightened security alerts – was that I was told to to address him as Prince William and not by his surname like the other boys."

More: Prince William's tutor is told: Don't call him by surname - Telegraph

Cindy

Limabeany

He could have benefitted from the down to earth treatment and experience not being treated as a Prince instead of a regular student would have provided.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

Yeah, but he wasn't a regular student.  And there are already complaints in some quarters that he's not "normal" and shouldn't try to be.  Can't win for losing.

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on January 13, 2014, 09:09:52 PM
Yeah, but he wasn't a regular student.  And there are already complaints in some quarters that he's not "normal" and shouldn't try to be.  Can't win for losing.

Cindy
Eton has its own traditional way of doing things and William wasn't the only prince who ever studied there. Anyone seeking employment with them would have to follow their tradtions.

Lothwen

^Agreed.  I personally don't agree with it, but I'm not ever going to work at Eton either.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Blue Clover

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on January 13, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

Cindy
Can't win for losing?  :hmm: There are complaints that he doesn't work like a normal person even as a normal senior royal king to be at his age so his pretending to be normal by driving himself while working laughably less than his sixty-something year old aunt who is not going to be Queen seems a distortion of reality. He is not trying to be normal he is trying to play at being normal. He should have been a regular student, if the Palace was going to play the "he is a normal student treated like normal students" card that is exactly what should have happened and he and his father should have used that as an opportunity for him to experience being treated like a real person in the real world.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

Quote from: Jenee on January 12, 2014, 11:55:53 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on January 04, 2014, 01:36:45 AM
Actually, to take any course at any university you must be admitted and there are standards, also, there are certificate courses that last 10-12 weeks and even less, but there are admissions standards for all institutions, of course, it could be that simply having a future king as their student is enough for them, but everyone who ...

I work for a university and that's not true at all. Anyone can sign up for a one-off course without having to be admitted to the school, or meet any standards other then standards for the class itself.
It is not the same for all universities, and when the standards are higher their is some sort of process for admittance.  Not just anyone can attend whatever they choose. This is not a public conference.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

^^ But it is the same for Cambridge University, per their website.

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on January 14, 2014, 11:18:44 AM

Cindy
Their school, their rules, their fees.  :wink:

cinrit

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on January 14, 2014, 11:54:42 PM
Quote from: cinrit on January 14, 2014, 11:18:44 AM

Cindy
Their school, their rules, their fees.  :wink:
Their brown nosing.  :happy15:

cinrit

^^ How so?  Do you think Cambridge University approached the Royals, or did the Royals approach Cambridge University? 

Cindy