The Netherlands-Birthdays and milestones

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2021, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

Fortunately for her unlike Amalia, she isn't graduating in the heart of a pandemic. She can actually make some real plans. Alexia's was limited.

If she does will be an empty nest for the royal couple in the fall. Well if Amalia is able to be in dorms again. Amalia in university, Alexia on a gap year and Arianne off in Italy starting at the UWC in Trieste. Be a change for the royal parents.

Curryong

There are always some weekends, for Amalia anyway. And perhaps they will be able to devote some time to each other as well. Bit like going back to when you first marry!

TLLK

@Curryong - I agree and Amalia spent her time volunteering at the Oranje Foundation and even worked as a waitress at one of the local restaurants during that year. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexia chooses to have a similar experience. She and Arianne will be expected to have careers and to support themselves in the future, so some work experience would be beneficial.

TLLK

Happy  18th Birthday to Princess Alexia of the Netherlands!
:bday7:

The Palace has released three new photos of the second daughter of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima. IMO there is a "Vermeer" like quality to these photos especially the last one.

Login ? Instagram

QuotePrinses Alexia viert vandaag haar 18e verjaardag.

Ter gelegenheid van haar verjaardag zijn nieuwe foto?s gepubliceerd. De foto?s zijn gemaakt op Paleis Huis ten Bosch.

Curryong

Yes, happy birthday to Alexia who is a lovely looking girl. She?s a teenager so maybe she doesn?t want to smile in her photos though!

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Alexia!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

Princess Alexia granted special honours on her 18th birthday ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Alexia of the Netherlands has been granted two special honours by her father, King Willem-Alexander, on .

The King has made her a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Netherlands Lion and a Knight of the Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau via Royal Decree.

Alexia was made a Knight of the Grand Cross of the Order of the Netherlands Lion on 19 June. Queen Wilhelmina was the first woman to be appointed as a knight to the order in 1898; since then, all children of the monarch have been granted the honour for their 18th birthday.

The Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau is shared with the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg. Alexia has been a member of the order since 26 June 2023.

The Princess can also now use the official flag of the Royal Family for the daughters of King Willem-Alexander. The orange swallow-tailed flag, with a blue cross and coat of arms of the Netherlands, Royal Family and Zorreguieta family, is able to be used by each princess once they turn 18. The King issued a Royal Decree in November 2021 to establish the flag for his three daughters.

The Princess, who is second in line to the throne, can now undertake royal duties if she so chooses.

She recently graduated from the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales alongside Spain?s Princess Leonor. Exam results will be available next month.

It is unknown if she will take a gap year like her elder sister or immediately begin university in the autumn.

TLLK

Here's video of Princess Alexia hoisting the flag with her school bag attached. This is tradition for secondary school graduates to announce they've passed their exams.

Prinses Alexia hijst de vlag op Paleis ten Bosch na slagen | NU.nl

TLLK

Today, August 12, 2023 is the tenth anniversary of the death of Prince Friso.

TLLK

Happy 54th birthday to Prince Constantijn.  :bday:

Blue Clover

Quote from: TLLK on October 11, 2023, 06:11:41 PM
Happy 54th birthday to Prince Constantijn.  :bday:

He's one of my favorite members of the House of Orange. Happy Birthday!

TLLK

Happy Birthday to the Princess of Orange!  :bday10:

Curryong

And of course a happy royal birthday (one of several at the end of the year) to the Princess of Orange, who I believe is living abroad at the moment.

TLLK

Yes I have heard that she is currently living in Spain.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 22nd Wedding Anniversary to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima!   

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :vday4: :vday4: :vday4: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

TLLK

I will always remember this wedding because it was the day my newborn son and I  came home from the hospital.  There was a large color photo of W-A and Maxima on the balcony of the Royal  Palace.  The garland was made up of stunning white flowers and oranges. 8th

Blue Clover

I remember when they got engaged and when each girl was born. TLLK, what a wonderful memory.