Diana's Fashion, Jewelry and accessories- All Years

Started by LouisFerdinand, December 14, 2015, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Princess Diana's Purple Evening Gown Auctioned for More Than $600,000

The purple evening dress, designed by Victor Edelstein in 1989 and worn several times by Diana during the 1990s, sold at Sotheby's in New York on Friday for $604,800 on Friday ? more than five times its pre-auction estimate.

In deep aubergine silk velvet, the strapless dress with its sweetheart neckline and intricate ruching around the bodice features a tulip-shaped skirt and delicate gold diamante and pearl buttons at the back. It was part of the late royal's charity auction of 79 dresses that collectively raised over $3.25 million for five of her favorite charities in 1997. At the time the dress was sold to a private bidder for $24,150.

Nightowl

What a gorgeous gown, so darn beautiful and the fabric is so soft looking and a rich color.  Would love to have about 10 yards of that fabric..that would be a priceless!

LouisFerdinand

Nightowl

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on February 17, 2023, 08:40:38 PM
Princess Diana wore different types of hats.   
princess diana fashion through different types of hats - YouTube

Yes, I so love hats, and wonder what happened to all Diana's hats and HM's hats for what purpose is it in storing them in boxes to keep for what........???? Sell them or give them away....let some ladies enjoy wearing those hats with pride knowing where they came from.  Even Catherine has gorgeous hats, one I want to wear even to the grocery store or just walking my dog.

TLLK

How three of Princess Diana's dresses were left in a second-hand shop... by Fergie's mum | Daily Mail Online

QuoteToday, they are kept under wraps, far from photographers? flashbulbs, in temperature-controlled rooms where they form part of a royal clothing archive dating back 500 years.

Yet three of Princess Diana?s iconic dresses were only saved for the nation after they were rescued from a second-hand shop in Hampshire.

Stranger still, they had been taken there by no less a figure than the mother of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York.

Amabel2

Quote from: Nightowl on April 20, 2023, 02:24:22 AM
Yes, I so love hats, and wonder what happened to all Diana's hats and HM's hats for what purpose is it in storing them in boxes to keep for what........???? Sell them or give them away....let some ladies enjoy wearing those hats with pride knowing where they came from.  Even Catherine has gorgeous hats, one I want to wear even to the grocery store or just walking my dog.
Diana didn't wear hats all that much, after the first few years.  She dressed in a more modern casual style and only wore hats on special occasiona.

Curryong

What a strange story! If true then the only explanation I can think of is that Fergie was asked if she would like some of Diana?s things when her flat was being sorted out after her death. Fergie probably realised that Diana?s dresses weren?t likely to fit and so passed them on to her mother, Susan Barrantes, who was tall, thin and elegant.

Did Susan then realise that wearing Diana?s clothes wasn?t the done thing or didn?t suit her and so passed them on to this shop? Very odd, especially when you consider that at that time Paul Burrell had grabbed heaps of his dead employer?s possessions, including clothes and, Mrs Danvers?-like, was keeping them in his home!

TLLK

TLLK

Princess Diana?s original ?black sheep? jumper is to go on sale for the first time | Tatler

QuoteDesigned by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne for their knitwear label, Warm and Wonderful, the scarlet knit jumper features a playful white sheep pattern ? with a single black sheep standing out from the herd. Diana, Princess of Wales (then Lady Diana Spencer) wore the jumper to watch King Charles (then the Prince of Wales) play polo in June 1981 ? just a month before their romantic royal wedding. At the time, some royal commentators interpreted the ?black sheep? message as a comment on how Diana was feeling about her place within the monarchy.

LouisFerdinand

I like the background song of the video. The title is Dancing Queen.     
Princess Diana - Fashion Queen - YouTube