Thread Changes:The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Duke of York

Started by Blue Clover, July 13, 2020, 08:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

The threads for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Duke of York have been closed due to the fact that Megan and Harry have officially stepped down as senior royals and will no longer participate in official duties. Prince Andrew has also stepped back from public life and will not resume his official duties as a senior royal.

The decision to open threads for Harry, Meghan, and Archie and Prince Andrew in the future is currently under review.

wannable

Thank you for the information @Blue Clover.  The DOY and DOS's was getting crazier tied to the media information out there. 

Stating the facts of stepping down (DOS) and fired (DOY) is polite and ultimately a truth, going back to basics. 

Princess Cassandra

I'm fine with this; there is a lot of controversy with both threads, and we never know whether or not we can rely on news we read on them. They are still part of the RF, but it is better to let the furor die down.

Blue Clover

TLLK

oak_and_cedar

I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with this decision.

From my understanding this is a discussion board with regards to the different royal families. Regardless of their status.

It looks very strange to look under the category 'the Queen's grandchildren' and not see Prince Harry there. Whatever his current status is, he is still a member of the royal family, and posters should have the right to discuss his whereabouts and endeavours both past and present.

Diana, Princess of Wales, is no longer here, not an 'official' member of the Royal family anymore and does no offical 'duties'. Does that mean that her section and that of Royal acquaintaces and other sections should be removed as well?

I am sorry but this step is needless censoring which this board has suffered with for some time.

P.S In the spirit of censorship which has affected this board, I expect this post to be removed.

Curryong

Diana stepped back from royal duties in 1997, and let's not ever mention those non RF workers Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall, Prince Michael, Princess Michael, Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice, Fergie (plus the ongoing controversy with Ghislaine M and Epstein, which affects the York family) all of whom and which are presumably verboten now on this forum, or should be to make things fair and  even.

QueenAlex

TLLK

@Curryong and @oak_and_cedar - Thank you for your input on the recent decision regarding the Sussexes and the Duke of York. Your concerns will be taken into consideration.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on July 15, 2020, 01:07:16 PM
@Curryong and @oak_and_cedar - Thank you for your input on the recent decision regarding the Sussexes and the Duke of York. Your concerns will be taken into consideration.
Dos this mean that there wont be any boards on the Sussexes and Andrew?

TLLK

@QueenAlex -As @Blue Clover stated in the first post, the future of the Sussex and Duke of York boards is under review at this time but the board will be informed when a decision is made.

wannable

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on July 15, 2020, 05:07:49 AM

From my understanding this is a discussion board with regards to the different royal families. Regardless of their status.

It looks very strange to look under the category 'the Queen's grandchildren' and not see Prince Harry there. Whatever his current status is, he is still a member of the royal family, and posters should have the right to discuss his whereabouts and endeavours both past and present.

Diana, Princess of Wales, is no longer here, not an 'official' member of the Royal family anymore and does no offical 'duties'. Does that mean that her section and that of Royal acquaintaces and other sections should be removed as well?

I am sorry but this step is needless censoring which this board has suffered with for some time.

P.S In the spirit of censorship which has affected this board, I expect this post to be removed.

I see it as a Time Out rather than censorship.  A high volume of media news, a lot of it fake to the extreme of libel happening to the DOY and the DOS's, a time out from their boards benefits everyone from a true possibility of regretting exchanging heated debates that may never recover. Recover....   

When in ''Review'', I've seen it happen in many forums, it's a Let's Cool The Waters, a major breakthrough, resolution in reference to the subject matter usually reopens a board/thread.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on July 15, 2020, 02:18:05 PM
I see it as a Time Out rather than censorship.  A high volume of media news, a lot of it fake to the extreme of libel happening to the DOY and the DOS's, a time out from their boards benefits everyone from a true possibility of regretting exchanging heated debates that may never recover. Recover....   

When in ''Review'', I've seen it happen in many forums, it's a Let's Cool The Waters, a major breakthrough, resolution in reference to the subject matter usually reopens a board/thread.
Yes, I do, too. 

Blue Clover

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on July 15, 2020, 05:07:49 AM

The Sussex and York threads will continue to be a part of the RIF.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 15, 2020, 02:18:05 PM

I agree completely with oak and cedar on this. As for 'benefiting everyone', the only people this decision benefits are those posters who enjoy demeaning the Sussexes and pretending they are no longer members of the Royal Family when they clearly are. As for me, I do not regret engaging in any debate on this forum, heated or otherwise, and one wonders whether Wannabie's response would be so philosophical if it had been the Cambridges' threads that had been removed for review.

Yale

Harry is still a royal and by blood.  He has NOT lost his place in the line to the throne.  He has not even been stripped of HRH.  He and Meghan choose not to use them.

I am not fine with this!  I will not post here again until that thread is back up!! That thread is the attraction for me.  The Sussexes are popular.  This is a mistake! I do not agree with this!!

FanDianaFancy

Fair enough. I guess.
If it is a matter of freeing up board space, I understand that.
If it is closed due to heated debates and stuff, no. Really, no one debated about them anymore. I USED too, guilty. Ok. I stopped a long ago. Lost of interests in them.
Middleton thread is still here and they are not BRF.

But, ok. Whatever.

Best to everyone. Stay safe. The global pandemic rages on. Crazy 2020 is not calming down from being crazy. I