Re: Royal Privacy and Security Throughout the Years

Started by Chiana, January 01, 2014, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

sara8150

Prince William and Princess Kate Will Take George to School as 'Often' as They Can, Royal Source Says
Prince William and Kate Middleton Committed to Taking Prince George to School

Double post auto-merged: September 14, 2017, 02:11:13 PM

Woman Reportedly Arrested After Attempting to Break Into Prince George's School
Woman Tries to Break Into Prince George?s School, Arrested - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: September 14, 2017, 02:13:25 PM

Prince William says George 'has had a very interesting week' as his four-year-old son returns to class after police sting arrests suspected female stalker, 40, who tried to break into his school for the SECOND time in 24 hours
Woman arrested for breaking into Prince George's school | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 14, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

Update news

Woman, 40, accused of trying to break into Prince George's £20,000-a-year prep school is released on bail
Woman, 40, accused of trying to break into school | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 14, 2017, 06:38:51 PM

Prince George school break-in: Arrested woman bailed
Prince George school break-in: Arrested woman bailed - BBC News

sara8150

Curryong

To threaten the lives of small children (or older ones for that matter) while they are attending school is just despicable. Isis is apparently on its last legs, no territory of any significance left under its control anymore, but I suppose that won't stop its adherants issuing threats or homegrown followers trying something. Hopefully security at the school will be increased for the foreseeable future.

Trudie

Those animals are below despicable to threaten a small child shows you just how cowardly they are.

FanDianaFancy

Very scary. Just thought of that.  Despite the richness of  lifestyle , when  you think about this sort of thing and them all always having RPO and all,  real. Real scary too.

TLLK

Prince George terror plot accused 'wanted to poison ice creams'

QuoteA suspected Islamic State supporter encouraged lone wolf attackers to target Prince George at his school and to poison ice creams, a court has heard.

Husnain Rashid posted a photo online of the four-year-old prince with the address of his Battersea school, a silhouette of a jihadist fighter and the message "even the Royal Family will not be left alone", a jury at Woolwich Crown Court heard.

Suspect Husnain Rashid was arrested in April and had an alleged hit list of "enemies of Islam."

QuoteProsecutor Annabel Darlow said: "His proposals were indiscriminate and made no distinction between adult and child, between members of fighting forces and civilians.

"His suggestions included injecting poison into supermarket ice creams and targeting Prince George at his first school."

Other targets included the Halloween Parade in New York and railway stations in Australia.

His "hit list" for jihadists to "terrorise the enemies of Allah" also included author Salman Rushdie and MI6.

TLLK

#Breaking Islamic State supporter Husnain Rashid, 32, has admitted encouraging terrorism by using a Telegram messaging group to call for an attack on Prince George, following a change of plea half way through his trial at Woolwich Crown Court

Via Press Association Twitter

HM Queen Cheryl

To them he's third in line to the throne. Then again what do you expect from people who throw people from roofs or stone them to death.

Curryong

I thought that was why Anne wouldn't shake the hands of members of the public on walk-abouts. She's a stickler for the old ways. I'm ancient enough to remember when the Queen didn't. She would just walk along and people would clap and cheer. I doubt that the QM ever took part in a handshaking sort of event with the general public either. She would occasionally shake the hands of people she was presented to, but that would be it. I don't think Anne goes in for the post-Diana custom of hugging members of the public, a habit her older brother sometimes indulges in, either.

amabel

TLLK

She's unlikely to change her habits after decades on.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on September 25, 2018, 12:25:02 AM
She's unlikely to change her habits after decades on.
No, she never changes.  She was rude and tiresome when she was a girl and she still is...

LouisFerdinand

I like Princess Anne's comment about the person putting the instrument down if they wish to speak to the Royal.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: amabel on September 26, 2018, 04:37:07 AM
No, she never changes.  She was rude and tiresome when she was a girl and she still is...
Yet, I don't think she intends to be rude - I think she is just forthright and a bit impatient. If you ever get a chance to watch Princess Alexandra's wedding, take a look at Anne (bridesmaid) as they came back to the sanctuary after signing the register. 

TLLK

The Busy Princess: Princess Anne clocks up an impressive 20,000 engagement ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Princess Royal has conducted more than 20,000 public engagements so far in her career, with there being no signs of her slowing down just yet.

On Saturday, Princess Anne marked 50 years since she conducted her very first engagement on March 1st 1969 ? St David?s Day.

According to the MailOnline, Princess Anne?s first engagement was to hand out leeks to the Welsh Guards at Pirbright Camp in Surrey.

This was the start of a job-for-life for The Queen?s daughter, who is now the busiest royal, often completing more than 500 engagements per year.

Her Royal Highness is President, Patron and member of almost 350 charities ? many of these receiving regular royal support from the 68-year-old.

Curryong

Well done to Anne, one of the unsung stalwarts of the BRF. And at around 500 engagements each year one of the busiest. I think also that she has grown closer to her mother since HM has become very old. She is often there in the background, accompanying her to events and present at family gatherings at Balmoral, Windsor etc. I think she enjoys her life. The public duties have given structure and purpose which, after her equestrian life finished, was important.

wannable

Tim Laurence is in NZ right now, he also signed the condolence book at NZ parliament.

The Royal Family
‏Verified account
@royalfamily

In New Zealand, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence represented The Queen in country to sign the Book of Condolence at @NZParliament.  Admiral Laurence had been visiting New Zealand in his role as Vice Chairman of @CWGC.

wannable

Julian Evans
‏@Julian_A_Evans

To honour New Zealand's sacrifice @cwgc Vice Chairman, Sir Tim Laurence, today laid a wreath at the Pukeahu National War Memorial and a tribute on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior in Wellington.

Julian Evans on Twitter: "To honour New Zealand's sacrifice @cwgc Vice Chairman, Sir Tim Laurence, today laid a wreath at the Pukeahu National War

LouisFerdinand

fawbert

Mrs Barbara Alison Laurence, 90, mother of Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, has died in Gloucestershire.

Peerage News: Barbara Alison Laurence [died 2019]

-=-
Fawbert

TLLK