Outcome of Andrew's activities

Started by DaFluffs, December 01, 2019, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFluffs

As I read the stuff coming out, I wonder how serious the allegations are. 

I expect that the Queen - and only the Queen - would pull every string to ensure he is protected from any legal action by any government.  (I get a sense that Charles/William are ready to let him face the consequences.)  There are mentions that he should be stripped of HRH status too. 

As an American I just don't see anything happening to this guy.  No inquiries, no remorse, no apologies, no removal of title.  In fact, I suspect in a few years he'll be back doing duties on behalf of the queen.  I say this as Sarah's attempt to sell access to Andrew seemingly should have resulted in a permanent ban.  But a few years ago there were news reports that she may be back in the royal fold. 

amabel

Quote from: DaFluffs on December 01, 2019, 05:00:16 PM

I expect that the Queen - and only the Queen - would pull every string to ensure he is protected from any legal action by any government.  (I get a sense that Charles/William are ready to let him face the consequences.)  There are mentions that he should be stripped of HRH status too. 

As an American I just don't see anything happening to this guy.  No inquiries, no remorse, no apologies, no removal of title.  In fact, I suspect in a few years he'll be back doing duties on behalf of the queen.  I say this as Sarah's attempt to sell access to Andrew seemingly should have resulted in a permanent ban.  But a few years ago there were news reports that she may be back in the royal fold. 
sarah Is not backi  the "royal fold.  She is Andrew's ex wife and has no role in the RF

sandy

The Queen was cordial to her during the Harry/Meghan and EUgenie/Jack weddings and she did invite her to one other occasion. THat said, I don't see Sarah back in the royal fold.

sara8150

Quote from: DaFluffs on December 01, 2019, 05:00:16 PM

We have wait and see till HM Queen Elizabeth II,Prince Charles and Duke of Cambridge makes decisions to strip HRH of Duke of York but HM Queen Elizabeth II been head of state for 67 years as throne..

As fellow American born and royal watchers since 1997 for 22 years since death of Princess Diana

Curryong

One would have thought that, with the new devastating revelations about Andrew's wholesale corruption coming out over the weekend, that the new incisive steel-like leader of the BRF, Charles, would have been speeding down that motorway to Royal Lodge at a rate of knotts, demanding explanations of everything. Indeed you would have expected that to have happened the day he arrived home from the tour. Instead, he's still at Sandringham hanging around with Fatty Soames and his frail father and attending some meetings on sustainable farming. Way to go, Charles!

wannable

It only collateral damages the Queen, like waiting for Charles to decide for her again. Is she being selfish holding to the crown for dear life?

Curryong

The Queen will stay on the Throne for as long as she wishes to remain on the Throne. And this means for her lifetime.  I know that you are absolutely slavering to get the Cambridges elevated to being Pr and Prss of Wales, but it's not happening yet, and won't while Elizabeth lives. And a Regency will make no difference. Wonder if you will be so excited if you live to see William at a great age (and the British monarchy survives which I don't think it will) and the same questions are asked of him? Somehow, I think not.

And why won't Elizabeth abdicate? Because, unlike every other monarch on this earth, she undertook a solemn religious ceremony in 1953. In it she was anointed with Holy Oil and swore an oath to serve the peoples of Britain and the then Empire/Commonwealth until her dying breath. That's why!

Double post auto-merged: December 02, 2019, 05:07:31 AM

What I want to know is why something was not done about Andrew earlier. I can remember reading articles for the past twenty years or so in the Guardian and other broadsheets about Andrew and his dodgy friendships with some very shady people, Andrew and the inexplicably wealthy lifestyle he was leading versus the quite income he received from the Crown, not gelling.

It was only Britain's strict libel laws that prevented the Press from probing too far. However, if there had been a thorough investigation by TPTB in BP at the time of Andrew's Trade Envoy post being pulled it could have uncovered much of what is now being revealed IMO. And Charles, as Palmer has pointed out, must have questioned some of his brother's activities if he wasn't completely blind. Thirsk, Andrew's ever-obliging long term  PS, should be questioned as soon as possible IMO. She quite obviously knew what was going on on these tours/visits. What was her role, and motivation for keeping quiet?

And I think one of the great mysteries of the Andrew/Sarah relationship has now been solved in the eyes of most. She needed money, he worshipped money. They were and are both greedy. She went and found people for cash for access and reeled them in for Andrew, who then had many wealthy extremely friends at his disposal, some of whom didn't mind gifting or loaning money.

These two worked in tandem and had a great thing going. At the time of the Fake Sheikh thing Fergie fell on her sword and said Andrew didn't know about what she was doing. I think it's more than clear now that he didn't just know but was profiting by it along with her. Pretty disgusting stuff, and it's a pity there isn't some lonely island of Elba they could both be exiled to for the rest of their lives.

wannable

:happy17: :happy17: :happy17:

Charles is gone conspiring with skinny soames, the Queen half saved never abdicate but why wasn't something done earlier?

William, absolutely slavering

No one left, oops

Curryong

Nobody has said William was or is slavering. What I stated was that seemingly some people seem to be remarkably eager to see a woman who has dedicated her whole life to Britain and its Commonwealth abdicate in order to see their favourites being elavated to Pr and Prss of Wales rank.

The Queen has never been a fan of abdication. When Beatrix of the Netherlands did so she was acerbic about it. She has never indicated in any way that she intends to abdicate. If you have any links to the contrary please produce them.

Soames has been known by his nickname for decades, but again nobody here has said anything about Charles conspiring with him about anything, though you seemed to get excited about him being WC's grandson and a PC, something that has been well known for decades.  Plenty of others are PCs and haven't  gone rushing off to Norfolk. Fatty Soames is nearing the end of his political career anyway. He's probably at Sandringham to discuss things like the election and Philip's health.

And it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask about Andrew and his business dealings, his Trade Envoy years, Pitch@Palace and everything else. Palmer asked a couple of days ago about other members of the RF, specifically mentioning the Queen and Charles, and whether they had ever questioned Andrew's activities through those years. More and more people may well be asking the same questions in the future.

wannable

So we aren't allowed to have an opinion? She's 93, people are stating she's not as sharp as before (true, we all age) people are complaining about Andrew, people are complaining why wasn't he fired or placed in check years ago, people are complaining why Charles is with Soames, who factually is the grandson of WC, actual Conservative PM and member of the Privy Council, then William who the natural course of how the monarchy functions will be POW.

In the industry I work for, we have psychological tests, so the company can take advantage of each individual's pros, from Change in management style, to follower or leader, to taker or giver or both (rare), etc.  I am sure my opinion about QEII quitting, abdicating is for change due to the loss of control as head of state within her households, dithering with Andrew, it doesn't translate that in her earlier year I admire her. We are all human, with flaws, and not above reproach as said by Boris Johnson.

Curryong

And who is 'complaining' about Fatty hanging around with Charles. He's always been regarded as a bit of a pompous figure of fun. Diana referred to him as 'heavy furniture' and that describes him well I think.

Queen Victoria was lame and half blind before she died of old age in January 1901. King George III was insane (or had porphyry) for at least the last twelve years of his life. Neither abdicated, nor was it ever suggested. There was a regency situation for George III. He did not abdicate.

Apart from a couple of medieval monarchs the only person who has ever abdicated in British history has been Edward VIII and that was for very different reasons. His abdication overshadowed Elizabeth's life and that of her parents.

Because of the religious element of the Coronation ceremony the monarchy changes at death, not before. 'The King is dead, Long live the King'. It's not a job for --until others perceive the monarch to be losing his/her grip, until he/she doesn't feel like doing it any more, he or she aren't making the 'right' sort of decisions so he/she might as well go.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on December 02, 2019, 03:04:11 AM
One would have thought that, with the new devastating revelations about Andrew's wholesale corruption coming out over the weekend, that the new incisive steel-like leader of the BRF, Charles, would have been speeding down that motorway to Royal Lodge at a rate of knotts, demanding explanations of everything. Indeed you would have expected that to have happened the day he arrived home from the tour. Instead, he's still at Sandringham hanging around with Fatty Soames and his frail father and attending some meetings on sustainable farming. Way to go, Charles!

Curryong

As in typical behaviour of a few years ago.

Why does Nicholas ?fatty? Soames want to muzzle the press over gastric band surgery? | Coffee House

Yes, you picked up on me having a bit of sarcastic fun about Charles at Sandringham, hanging around with old 'heavy furniture' lol!

wannable

It seems to be that we can have an opinion of both men and women, their history, skeletons, their physical appearances, body shame them, find out what surgery enhancement or I'm a feminist, I  >( men.

He's a politician, a public servant, he must be used to it. Although the discovery by the media that he had gastric band surgery hit a sensitive point in his being.  Diana's reference, did she unconsciously bully him?

Curryong

She bully HIM. I don't think so! He was a former equerry of Charles's and according to friends  he 'so identified with the Prince that his house was a 'monument to their relationship, with the Prince of Wales feather motif on everything and Prince of Wales pictures everywhere'. Quite pathetic really!

'Heavy furniture' was Sloane talk for rather pompous individuals who thought a lot of themselves and whose conversation wasn't exactly stimulating. 'Pass the port, he's not my sort' was regarded as their kind of dismissive attitude towards anything vaguely modern . Soames's attitude towards females has been described as 'antedeluvian' before now. He's fairly typical of certain Conservative MPs from the shires. He shoots with Charles and used to fox hunt.

dianab

I read many times that Winston will be badly ashamed of this grandson

I dont know if william and harry are still close to his son Harry Soames

Windsor

I do not see any reason why this whole issue should be dragged out. He should just retire from public duties and accept the fact that he has made huge misjudgements over the years.

TLLK

I believe that Andrew will be "pensioned" off and will be seen only at private family events ie: Beatrice's wedding, any future christenings of his grandchildren, funerals. He'll be the UK's version of Spain's Infanta Cristina IMO but without the exile and removal of  a title. (She's no longer the Duchess of Palma.)

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: amabel on December 01, 2019, 06:05:56 PM
sarah Is not backi  the "royal fold.  She is Andrew's ex wife and has no role in the RF
It actually makes me wonder what relations have been like over the years; was he a train wreck waiting to happen?  However a bad boy he may be, he was born HRH and I do not see that you could ever take that away. Sarah is a different story. She is unpredictable, and you cannot have someone like that officially in the RF. PP was right about her.

Double post auto-merged: December 02, 2019, 03:44:28 PM

Quote from: Curryong on December 02, 2019, 03:04:11 AM
Lots can be done via telephone and royal advisors. His schedule is set in stone and would change only if there was no other way to deal with it. Or maybe he doesn?t want to advertise his role in the Andrew affair too much for his mother?s sake.  And maybe they don?t want to show how badly the boat has been rocked.

amabel

I am sure that the queen and Charles have been in contact over the Andrew business ever since it blew up.  I would say tht he queen is aware that Charles wants to be quite sure that Andrew is kept under control from now on..and I think the queen has realised that Andrew has really messed up this time.  So at the moment further discussions are probably necessary.  He will certainly speak to her again and try and ensure that she realises taht this time ther'es no coming back for Andrew

Trudie

:lmao2:
Quote from: Curryong on December 02, 2019, 02:14:23 PM
As in typical behaviour of a few years ago.

Why does Nicholas ?fatty? Soames want to muzzle the press over gastric band surgery? | Coffee House

Yes, you picked up on me having a bit of sarcastic fun about Charles at Sandringham, hanging around with old 'heavy furniture' lol!

:haha: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Curryong

Andrew is still clinging on to the global arm of Pitch@Palace, wonder why?!!

Pitch@Palace CIC was being wound up, whereas the directors of Pitch@Palace Global wanted the Duke of York to step away.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-quit-project/

Quote:
Pitch@Palace CIC, which is based in Buckingham Palace, is being wound up after trustees concluded it had no future in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

But the Duke is refusing to give up its sister company Pitch@Palace Global, prompting three of its directors to offer their resignations.

While Pitch@Palace CIC is a non-profit-making company and is controlled by the Prince Andrew Charitable Trust, the overseas arm Pitch@Palace Global is owned by the Duke himself and was set up to make profits by brokering deals between tech start-ups and wealthy investors.

[...]

The companies had also raised concerns that the Duke was mixing his charitable work with his business interests. Auditors advised the Duke and his team that Pitch@Palace Global, established to earn money from tech investments abroad, was too closely linked to Pitch@Palace CIC.
As a result, directors ? who sat on both boards ? were ordered to choose one or the other, resulting in a stream of resignations from each in early November. The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the directors urged the Duke to step away from the project, which he founded in 2014. They initially assumed he would go but the Duke has clung on to the initiative.

Nightowl

Maybe with all that has happened lately in the royal family he must think it is now time for him to make a comeback as the royal family has shrunk in the main people doing the work that is needed.....taking advantage of an opportunity maybe.....who knows....

QueenAlex

Quote from: Nightowl on January 25, 2020, 10:25:42 AM
Maybe with all that has happened lately in the royal family he must think it is now time for him to make a comeback as the royal family has shrunk in the main people doing the work that is needed.....taking advantage of an opportunity maybe.....who knows....
Possibly.  Andrew is horribly insensitive...but I think it will be made cealr that while he's accepted in private he can't be doin anything in publc.  It Is a bit of a diaster to lose 2 royals like this in the space of a month but they'll have to work around it.

Nightowl

Maybe and maybe not yet could Andrew have learned something during this time period of disgrace by the public?  I don't like him yet I do not know him personally just what I see on the news and that does not make a good impression on anyone, so maybe his mother had a long talk with him about being more humble and kind to people then selfish.....one would hope so for his sake and the family.