The Norwegian Royal Family General News and Discussion

Started by TLLK, April 25, 2018, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

I hope he recovers and can return to his duties. If not, he has a fine Crown Prince in Haakon.

TLLK

Princess Martha Louise of Norway confirms she plans to move to USA ? Royal Central

QuoteIn February this year Princess Martha Louiseof Norway said that she was considering moving to the United States. She then said that the reason is that her boyfriend, the American shaman Durek Verrett, feels badly treated and no longer wants to settle in Norway. This was discussed by the princess in an interview with TV2. Asked in the interview if it is relevant for her to move to the USA, she answers: ?Yes, it may be that we end up there eventually.?

Now the princess has confirmed in an interview with the Norwegian newspaper VG that she has decided to move. Princess Martha plans to move to the United States and take her three daughters with her. When she will move is not yet decided but the princess plans to keep her villa in Oslo and says she will visit Norway often even if she moves to the USA. The princess wants to settle in Los Angeles where her boyfriend has lived for many years.

The princess was asked if she was planning to move, to which she replied: ?Right now it is Covid and difficult to plan, but we plan to move with time. The children will of course join me. We will keep the home in Lommedalen anyway. We must have a home in Norway. We?ll still be here a lot. We can not leave beautiful Norway completely.?

For the second time since the coronavirus pandemic broke out, the princess and Durek Verrett have to spend many months without being together. The two have not seen each other since he left Norway just after Christmas. Princess Martha says: ?He is in Los Angeles, and now we do not know when we will see each other again.?

Blue Clover

Maybe the distance will help her decide if this relationship is worth uprooting her children for - distance makes the heart grow fonder or not. Covid-19 is not going away soon, this couple will be tested.

PrincessOfPeace

Macrobug67

Glad to hear he is better.  I have a soft spot for him and his wife. 

TudorQueen

Relief to know Harald will be back to work. I have missed him.  :flower3:

I know he is much younger then Philip,but his prolonged absence from work due to illness, just worried me.

TLLK

Excellent news and I'm so glad that he's returning to duties.

PrincessOfPeace

King Harald of Norways sick leave is officially over and he will resume his constitutional duties from April 12th 2021.

King Harald returns to work after months of sick leave ? Royal Central

Blue Clover

Curryong

Martha-Louise and her shaman boyfriend Durek are installed in a Disney-world hotel at the moment, so they can see the sights. How appropriate! None of her daughters are with the couple at the moment.

Bilder p? Durek i USA ? sanningen om M?rtha Louise | Svensk Dam

Curryong

Apparently Martha-Louise?s rather strange shaman boyfriend has been occupying himself by gushing about the couple?s love and the jewellery he gave M-L as a birthday present (and presumably paid for.)

The star crossed lovers are separated at the moment, according to M-L because Durek felt misunderstood in Norway (probably it was actually visa issues) and so he returned to the US, while she, rather surprisingly considering the earlier interviews she gave about intending to settle in the US, remains in her homeland.

Princess Martha Louise Receives 50th Birthday Gift from Shaman Durek | PEOPLE.com

Curryong

The Shaman who has attached himself, sorry, is so much in love with Princess Martha Louise has bobbed up again.. He?s being interviewed, once more, by the magazine AwareNow, the Spiritually Aware magazine to do some more gushing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW9YVb6P2Qh/

Curryong

Princess M?rtha Louise of Norway has become engaged. And yes, Durek Verrett is the lucky man! It was announced by the Norwegian Palace today, June 7:

https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2022-06-07/norwegian-princess-announces-engagement-to-us-boyfriend

** Gratulasjoner i anledning forlovelsen **

TLLK

Congratulations to the couple and I hope that they're very happy.

TLLK

The NRF is on holiday now like most of their peers around the globe. Queen Sonja was spotted cycling.

Dronning Sonja p? sykkeltur ? NRK Troms og Finnmark

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 03, 2022, 02:28:31 PM
The NRF is on holiday now like most of their peers around the globe. Queen Sonja was spotted cycling.

Dronning Sonja p? sykkeltur ? NRK Troms og Finnmark

Good for her at her age. The NRF are generally a healthy and active family with the exception of MM.

TLLK

@Curryong-I agree. Both Harald and Sonja have remained pretty active and fit considering that they're both in their eighties now. And the rest of the family seems to enjoy cross country and alpine skiing as well as water sports.

TLLK

CP Haakon confirms that there is ongoing discussion about his sister Martha Louise's title.

Crown Prince Haakon speaks out about Princess Martha Louise?s title ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Crown Prince of Norway has confirmed that there is an ongoing debate within his family about whether his sister, Princess Martha Louise, will keep her royal title.

The engagement of Princess Martha Louise and her American fianc? Durek Verrett has led to much debate in Norway. Earlier this month Norwegian press reported that several meetings had taken place at the Royal Palace in Oslo where Princess Martha Louise?s title was discussed. It follows criticism of Durek Verrett for several health claims including the advertisment of a medallion for sale which he claimed cured Covid.

On an engagement, the Crown Prince confirmed that talks were continuing about his sister?s royal status.

Curryong

Yes, well it?s long been my opinion that both Princess M-L and her fianc? are away with the fairies on the subject of wellness. If people wish to be treated by shaman Durek that is absolutely their right. And it?s also the right of the NRF not to have theories about health that have no credible foundation associated with charities under their umbrella.

TLLK

I noticed in the article that at least two of her charities are no longer working with her.

Curryong

Archived article from the Sunday Times (UK) about Durek and Prss Martha-Louise and Norwegians reactions to the couple. He is disliked by many Norwegians and 17% are being turned off the NRF because of him. The shaman asserts that many in the country are prejudiced. King Harald  is left in an awkward position really, as Durek and M-L may well flounce off to the US claiming racism if he can?t persuade his daughter to renounce her royal title.

archive.ph

TLLK

QuoteIn his 2019 book, Spirit Hacking, Verrett claims among other things that cancer in children is caused by unhappiness and chemotherapy is ineffective and only prescribed by doctors to make money. He has also written that casual sex attracts subterranean spirits who make an impression on the inside of women?s vaginas, which he sells exercises to ?clean out?.
Such views ? and his attempts to monetise them ? are the reasons for his unpopularity with Norwegians, Noren Isaksen believes. ?Yes, he does receive some racist comment on Instagram, but the main problem is his business activities, which the princess is also involved in.
?The huge majority in Norway thinks it?s hogwash and quackery. And you can?t really reconcile that with the role of the royal family who are supposed to be an uncontroversial unifying force for the nation.?

I can understand why his "business ventures" and claims are causing Norwegians to be concerned as some of his statements are truly bizarre IMHO and seem to be aimed at selling products to desperate people hoping for a miracle cure.  The King and the Crown Prince have a difficult task ahead of them.
It's not surprising that so many adult members of royal families opt for the military as a career choice because the world of commerce can be a murky one.

wannable

BREAKING

Royal Central
@RoyalCentral

Princess Martha Louise steps back from royal duties

^Before being stripped, she basically quit.

The only daughter of King Harald V of Norway has given up royal duties amid ongoing controversy.

Princess Martha Louise will step back immediately from representing her family. In a brief statement, the Norwegian Court said ?Princess Martha Louise wishes to differentiate more clearly between her own activities and her relationship to the Royal House of Norway. The Princess has therefore decided, in consultation with His Majesty The King and other close family members, that she will not carry out official duties for the Royal House at the present time.

The princess will also give up all her patronages. The Norwegian Royal Court announced that organisations affected will be offered the patronage of another member of the Royal Family.

Taking to Instagram, Princess Martha Louise said she had made the decision to bring calm to the Royal Family. In recent months, there has been debate about whether she would keep her title as she and her fiance, Durek Verrett, attracted controversy.

Princess Martha Louise steps back from royal duties amidst controversy ? Royal Central

Or read it in the official website of the Royal House of Norway
The roles of Princess M?rtha Louise and Durek Verrett moving forward - The Royal House of Norway