Team Sussex: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and charities, news, and activities

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

changemhysoul

Travalyst moves into its next phase of growth

When Travalyst launched just three and a half years ago it was set up as a pilot, to rapidly test the hypothesis that an independent and neutral not-for-profit could help the travel industry accelerate its progress towards net positive impact. We would do this by convening and leveraging the collective power of some of the most influential travel and technology companies in the world.

Fast forward to 2023 (a global pandemic notwithstanding) and the original coalition comprising five Founding Partners has now almost doubled in size to nine Partners with a combined market value of nearly $2 trillion. The group has worked incredibly hard together throughout, with deep commitment to our shared principles, and has delivered on what it set out to do: collaborate pre-competitively to bring clear and consistent sustainability reporting to the mainstream of travel for the first time ever ? together, for the benefit of all.

There are now two unified Travalyst frameworks driving consistent sustainability reporting in both accommodation and aviation that are live and out in the world. As Partners implement those frameworks and bring sustainability information to the mainstream consumer experience, we are raising awareness and supporting more positive choices at a scale the industry and world has never seen before, for billions of consumers.

But this is just the beginning.

Today we formally mark the end of Travalyst?s pilot phase with the appointment of a new Board to govern and guide us on our journey ahead to delivering major positive and system-changing impact.

The Board is composed of individuals with world-class expertise in impact, systems change, not-for-profit governance, advocacy, and campaigning for a just and sustainable world. The new Board members are:

Chair: India Gary-Martin, Founder & CEO ? Leadership for Execs
Clea Kaske-Kuck, Director for Policy, Advocacy and Member Mobilization ? World Business Council for Sustainable Development
Dr Sally Uren, Chief Executive ? Forum for the Future
James Whiting, Chief Executive ? Doughty Street Chambers
Henrietta Worthington, Lawyer ? Vedder Price
This is an incredibly exciting moment for Travalyst and, I believe, for the industry as we stride ahead into our next phase of growth and expansion to ensure our work is freely available to all, used by all and catalyses the positive transformation of the sector.

We look forward to announcing further strategic partnerships in the months ahead, such as the recent news of our vital collaboration with IATA to drive fully consistent and aligned emissions reporting across the sector, with all stakeholders represented around the same table. I look forward to seeing the Travalyst frameworks continue to expand and incorporate leading edge research to deliver best-in-class impact calculations, implemented not just on all our Travalyst Partner platforms but across the industry at large. And above all I look forward to when we can say that all travellers everywhere are not only empowered to make more positive choices but are doing so ? every single day.

Sally Davey

Chief Executive, Travalyst

changemhysoul

+++PRESS+++
@LockheedMartin has been announced as Official Supporter of the INVICTUS GAMES D?SSELDORF 2023 presented by Boeing. The company supports the Games in D?sseldorf, as a sign of respect towards international wounded, injured and sick service personnel.

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1666359495826571264

----------

Harry and Meghan?s Archewell foundation donates ?10,000 to get diverse book in every UK secondary school

Harry and Meghan?s Archewell foundation donates ?10,000 to get diverse book in every UK secondary school | The Independent

---------------------

🇩🇪 The salmon comes after
@Duesseldorf and flies the flag!

The only landing boat of the
@deutschemarine
docks on Saturday for the "blue light mile" near the Higher Regional Court on the banks of the Rhine. Have a look!

they flew the invictus flag

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1667166913489694722
https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1667166995417030657

--------------------

betterup did some volenterring with St. Felix Centre

------------------------

i'm also putting this here to remind people once again, william never gave harry money for invictus. the money harry was given was money owed to him that he raised via the endeavor fund. that money was always his and keeping it would've been stealing tho, i'm sure people would find a way to twist it. invictus is all harry and the partners they've found.

changemhysoul

Curryong

?NEW YORK, JUNE 9, 2023 ? Last night, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights partnered with the Tribeca Festival to debut the works of eight student finalists from its annual Speak Truth to Power video competition. Bringing together students, educators, and human rights defenders, the showcase also featured The Archewell Foundation Award for Gender Equity in Student Film.?

As someone who has been watching events regarding students in Florida and other States being stripped little by little of access to books in school libraries and access to teachings on issues of human rights, I?m full of admiration for this competition. Long may these students continue to speak their truth. So glad the Archewell Foundation is supporting this with their Award.

changemhysoul

Putting this here because it's relating to the Warrior Games,

Harry was spotted at the Warrior Games.

He sat next to General Charles Brown, the next Joint Chief of Staff as well as aster Sgt Michael Haley and his parents.

https://twitter.com/armyARCP/status/1668354320692043787

I believe that the game is over but they had a youtube live stream, found here: 2023 Warrior Games Challenge (Sitting Volleyball Finals) - YouTube

you can go back and watch and I hope Invictus does something like that.

Curryong

Just woken up here in Aus (it?s 7:42 am Tues) to this delightful surprise, Harry sitting next to General Brown and looking like he?s thoroughly enjoying the Warrior Games as a spectator. I?m sure he?s picking up ideas to use for Invictus. The WG was a fantastic idea, Invictus took that a stage further. Thanks for posting.

wannable

It's a WIN WIN for Harry; PR wise for Warrior (and Invictus) Games, and sitting with a Military General (Visa issue today)

changemhysoul

I?ll have more post later on today but?there aren?t any actual visa issues. The only visa issue would be if he had been unable to get into the country.

The rest are just a bunch of right wing conversations not even headed by American trying to force him back into the country because they?ve realized he?s not coming back as they want and to a lesser extent, the heritage foundation trying to tie themselves to a celebrity and prove that they go after non-people of color. They?d have more a case if they went after ALL famous people who torn the us from the uk and their countries who admitted to doing drugs and etc.

The only people concerned about any visas aren?t the person with the visa or the us government. So, I guess it could be said that there are things people WANT to be issues. And I guess people who are more so focused on PR wins

wannable

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The US's Warrior Games were the inspiration for Prince Harry to create the Invictus Games.

Prince Harry first attended the Warrior Games in 2013, the year the British Armed forces first participated in the Warrior Games.

This year is the first time since then that the British Armed Forces has not participated in the games.

^Twitter user Gert's Royal is a royal blogger focusing on British and European royals

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on June 13, 2023, 05:33:17 PM
I?ll have more post later on today but?there aren?t any actual visa issues. The only visa issue would be if he had been unable to get into the country.

The rest are just a bunch of right wing conversations not even headed by American trying to force him back into the country because they?ve realized he?s not coming back as they want and to a lesser extent, the heritage foundation trying to tie themselves to a celebrity and prove that they go after non-people of color. They?d have more a case if they went after ALL famous people who torn the us from the uk and their countries who admitted to doing drugs and etc.

The only people concerned about any visas aren?t the person with the visa or the us government. So, I guess it could be said that there are things people WANT to be issues. And I guess people who are more so focused on PR wins

Yes, agree with all these points. A US right wing think tank urged on and encouraged by British media sources of, shall we say, a certain stamp, GB news etc, the Woottons and Morgans (perhaps he can talk about his days as a newspaper editor instead, lol) and Seans, people who can?t shut up about Harry for even a day, they are so intent on not just getting a story about (they hope) any humiliation, but actually want to grind him in the dust while they?re doing it.

Harry and his visa isn?t a matter of huge media interest to most Americans, not even I would imagine to 0000000.00% of the population. The Heritage people are doing it for their own purposes and that isn?t anything to do with equable treatment of visa holders or anything like it.

Concentrate on what is of interest please, Trump?s arraignment and trial, the environment issues facing the country, growing homelessness and poverty, gun control. Plenty there to occupy their collective mind if they wished it.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on June 13, 2023, 08:26:59 PM
Yes, agree with all these points. A US right wing think tank urged on and encouraged by British media sources of, shall we say, a certain stamp, GB news etc, the Woottons and Morgans (perhaps he can talk about his days as a newspaper editor instead, lol) and Seans, people who can?t shut up about Harry for even a day, they are so intent on not just getting a story about (they hope) any humiliation, but actually want to grind him in the dust while they?re doing it.

Harry and his visa isn?t a matter of huge media interest to most Americans, not even I would imagine to 0000000.00% of the population. The Heritage people are doing it for their own purposes and that isn?t anything to do with equable treatment of visa holders or anything like it.

Concentrate on what is of interest please, Trump?s arraignment and trial, the environment issues facing the country, growing homelessness and poverty, gun control. Plenty there to occupy their collective mind if they wished it.

And with you saying that, I feel like matter is pretty much wrapped up. I do an article but I'll link that in the general chat thread.

Onto more picture's of Haz. Once the official account posted, more have some out!

Prince Harry cheers on inspirational athletes at the Warrior Games in San Diego | HELLO!

Prince Harry with General Brito! 

The General currently serves as Commanding General of United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, & former Deputy Chief of Staff of the United States Army (4Star)

Video: https://twitter.com/ArchLiliHazMeg/status/1668638672248352768

Video: https://twitter.com/ChrisBaronSmit1/status/1668617677907324932?s=20

The cheers lol

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on June 13, 2023, 08:26:59 PM

Surely in political threads and dedicated forums.

But Harry does have a federal court Visa issue. He will most likely not have to show his Visa paperwork.

He did a good move as I said win win.

changemhysoul

This is so stupid on so many levels but I'm sharing.

1. Newsweek shouldn't be entertain weeks from accounts that making fun of Meghan's looks as to be any indication of anything related to Netflix.
2. Angela Levin shouldn't be platformed by anyone on anything because she gets her information from troll accounts

Fact Check: Has Netflix Canceled Prince Harry's 'Heart of Invictus' Series?

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on June 14, 2023, 10:12:50 PM
This is so stupid on so many levels but I'm sharing.

1. Newsweek shouldn't be entertain weeks from accounts that making fun of Meghan's looks as to be any indication of anything related to Netflix.
2. Angela Levin shouldn't be platformed by anyone on anything because she gets her information from troll accounts

Fact Check: Has Netflix Canceled Prince Harry's 'Heart of Invictus' Series?

Angela Levin is so off the wall she just makes me laugh. She carries on about once being so close to Harry (whom  she hasn?t seen since 2018) and yet knows exactly how his mind works, lol! She?s never met Meghan but just spits vitriol about her in every interview. As for the state of the Sussex marriage,  she and Lady CC are excitedly predicting a divorce every five minutes. These two women and the commentators on GB News and other stations are just a complete joke.

wannable

Not canceled but delayed.

The entire industry is suffering economic issues. Disney yesterday announced the delay of every film or series from 1 to 3 years.

Netflix second half 2023 published their shows.

I believe more in Tom Bower Invictus delayed.

All the above is on Twitter

changemhysoul

There is nothing to indicate that is being delayed. They already released the poster and it was slated for a summer release.

Wed, Jun 21, 2023 - Sat, Sep 23, 2023 <- dates of the summer in the US. Invictus is in September. That event & the weather has more credibility than Tom Bower.

I?ll accept Twitter has a source if there is a link, linking to the video in which that statement was made (Netflix & Spotify), article links, photos of book pages and screen shots and etc. More than it?s on Twitter.

I did look into the Spotify issue but there is nothing but speculation. As of now, the Archewell Audio still listen Spotify. Archetypes did great, did great numbers and has gotten award and the like. Even taking that out, If we?re going by Twitter, then things are great because the Spotify account regularly interacts with fans when they ask talk about Meghan or the podcast.

Anything can happen but /shrugs companies go through things all of the time. If I was Bower and those who don?t like them, I just wouldn?t hold out hope of seeing them finally fall, they?ve been praying for that since both deals were struck.

But Spotify, no one knows. Insiders is doing a lot of heavy lifting. It?s the not the first wolf cry when it come to Spotify.

Netflix, not delayed, they just hope the general public don?t know enough to follow dates and since Netflix isn?t running to the British tabloids to leak a story, then have to have something to talk about so they can claim Harry and Meghan are making it constantly about them while?.making everything constantly about them & inserting themselves into their business (if it?s not royal related?.they could try not caring )

wannable

Maybe, an indication is promos - non so far, I hope 'Heart of Invictus' is sort of like F1's Drive to Survive or Tennis 'Breakpoint' which has a bit of what the sport (s) is about, inside stories of individuals, behind the scene drama stuff and the sort. So far both F1 and ATP and WTA have said the series has helped their sport, more people watching the 'actual' sport (s) after seeing the series. It's been good because both sports signed up for a second season.

wannable

In reference to Spotify, I recall a NYPost article, perhaps they are speculating from stating podcasts not within the 100 (she started well #1 in episode 1 but the other episodes didn't hit that spot, promos also are good for the 'watch later' to add numbers) are out and the VP who had the idea and hired the Sussexes has been fired with the other 200 employees.

The company is surviving the economy thanks to Joe Rogan and A++ musicians (Swift, Shakira, Beyonce...) with literally millions almost reaching between 500 to 1 billion clicks to those 4.

changemhysoul

At work, so a full reply will have to come later but

1) Joe also release constant Podcast eps so not a great comparison, still she managed to do well with him

2) NY Post & Speculation, enough said

3) More than ep 1 got no1 or did really well.

I should be back with actual facts to back up what I said.

wannable

Joe Rogan is a great comparison, as Spotify has officially declared crunch time - economy.

Joe Rogan show: 11 million people per episode.

Meghan didn't do well from episode 2 nor 'watch later' which IS counted for totals.

wannable

June 2023

The Podcast Charts - Spotify | Spotify Charts

^ Podcast charts by the company, available for free for public viewing of who is #1 to #100 (hence the speculation of number within 100 and the fact of the Vicepresident demise)

Any 'factual numbers' 2022 is 2022, as of Jan 2023 as I said the 'entire' industry of entertainment is in economical trouble. The first to react was Elon Musk when he purchased Twitter, making redundancy left right and center, followed by Amazon (including Prime, TV department) followed by everyone else, including Netflix who are being more conservative in official notifications, unlike Disney who went straight at it notifying publicly yesterday of all delays; most delays is all Marvel films/series followed by Star Wars. Netflix conservatively published their half term June -December shows 2023.

Note: I am very carefull with my wording here and in whatever legal Sussex thread. i.e. when I say Netflix published their remaining of the year ''shows'' it is shows. I do not know if Invictus has been classified by Netflix people as a SHOW or DOCUMENTARY.  The list of shows that will be on air is what officially Netflix conservatively published yesterday. This may well be tied to the so called social media trolls in relation to their thought process thinking that the Heart of Invictus is a show, they may be wrong, including Tom and whoever else thinking it is a show, which probably is not but a documentary.  Netflix did not publish the remaining half of the year 'documentaries' that will be on air.

Hope I made myself clear, as in the other thread about Harry's Visa and the 15 minutes of fame tied to awareness of the state of things in the USA, the free border for everyone entering with no checks...