Diana's Family News and Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 21, 2015, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

A thread to discuss Diana's siblings and other family members

Robert Fellowes was created a life peer in 1999 taking the title Baron Fellowes, of Shotesham in the County of Norfolk.     
When he married, his wife Lady Jane (Spencer) Fellowes was a lady of nobility with the title of Her Ladyship. She is now Baroness Fellowes.   
Does Jane outrank Robert because she was titled before he was?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 21, 2015, 12:43:14 AM
Robert Fellowes was created a life peer in 1999 taking the title Baron Fellowes, of Shotesham in the County of Norfolk.     
When he married, his wife Lady Jane (Spencer) Fellowes was a lady of nobility with the title of Her Ladyship. She is now Baroness Fellowes.   
Does Jane outrank Robert because she was titled before he was?

^ No, Jane's title is known as a courtesy title because she was the daughter of an Earl (after her father succeeded to the Earldom.) Before that she was an Hon. because her father was a Viscount. She certainly outranked Robert when she married (as a Viscount or Earl's daughter) before he received his life peerage, but not now.

LouisFerdinand

Louis Spencer is the first cousin of Prince William and Prince Harry.   
Check out Prince William and Harry's hot cousin Louis Spencer | HELLO!

LouisFerdinand

Louis Spencer currently attends the University of Edinburgh.

Blue Clover

Duch_Luver_4ever

Prince Harry is inviting Diana's entire Spencer family to his wedding | Daily Mail Online

Youll have to go about halfway down the article as it profiles many of the Spencer family. Of the two sisters Diana resembled her the most. Jane's hair color and style is VERY much like Diana's was in this pic. Gives one a very rough idea(of course she would be more lovely) of what Diana would like like now, and of course a sad reminder that shes not.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

I would only be surprised if none of Diana's siblings and their families were excluded from the wedding and reception. Yes @Duch_Luver_4ever I agree that Jane and Diana closely resemble each other.

Duch_Luver_4ever

TBH im surprised @TLLK shed have her hair so closely resemble Diana's after all this time of having a different hair style and color than hers, Sarah for a time had a mirror image style of Diana's first style just parted on the right side.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Well TBH I'm not all that surprised about the cut and color.  The color is good for the Spencer coloring and it is easier to go with highlights to cover/blend in greys.  It's an easy to care for and flattering hairstyle for women over 50 because it isn't too long. (Long hair can "pull" the down face) and the side part is typically better for most face shapes. IMO Diana would have likely continued to have a shorter hairstyle for the rest of her life.

50 Hot Hairstyles For Women Over 50

Now you know more than you ever wanted to know about hairstyles for the women over fifty.  :D

Curryong

Jane had sort of mousy brown hair when she was young didn't she, and a rather plain but pleasant face. You could tell that her hair had the Spencer red lights though, and I think Jane has in fact improved in looks as she's got older.
I remember reading somewhere that Charles asked Diana to grow her hair a bit longer (probably shoulder length) and she refused. I really can't picture hair with hair longer than she always had it.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Most of the younger pics are in b/w but it looks more red than brown, esp in her teens/early twenties. I agree Janes looks have held up, imo she was pretty but yes, plainer than Diana when she was young. Then for a long time after Diana died, she looked careworn and older than her years, but this latest to me pic in the DM shows her looking much better than say 10-15 yrs ago.

I cant see diana with long hair, last time she had it long was when she was very young (0-10) aside from that brief time in 84 when she wore it longer with the combs (it was a pretty change but the shorter hair was by far a better look for her). Charles also wanted her blonder than her normal color, it looked fine, but stupid fool didnt know enough to leave alone a living masterpiece, looks wise.

Thanks for the info on post middle age hair @TLLK yes, more than I planned on knowing about it when i got up today.

TLLK

QuoteThanks for the info on post middle age hair @TLLK yes, more than I planned on knowing about it when i got up today
:hehe:

Just remember that knowledge is power!!! Impress the guys the next time you're watching football, hockey etc... :P

QuoteI think Jane has in fact improved in looks as she's got older
:thumbsup:

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Curryong on April 13, 2018, 11:20:23 PM
Jane had sort of mousy brown hair when she was young didn't she, and a rather plain but pleasant face. You could tell that her hair had the Spencer red lights though, and I think Jane has in fact improved in looks as she's got older.
I remember reading somewhere that Charles asked Diana to grow her hair a bit longer (probably shoulder length) and she refused. I really can't picture hair with hair longer than she always had it.

I remember that hullaballoo about Diana's up-hair at the SOP. I could not get what the fuss was about. She actually looked very beautiful with the up-turn do. The bob was super chic but it would not be able to carry some of the grander pieces of jewelry that would come her way as she grew older. I always feel that when you are young you should experiment as much as possible with your looks because there will come a time when you have a very narrow menu of looks that don't make you look ridiculous.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: @royalanthropologist  she was in a classic damned if you do...had she kept the old style theyd have said she didnt respect the gravitas of the occasion to put in an effort, if she did, they got her for supposedly trying to upstage the queen. Sorry but at that time Diana in a binbag would have upstaged her.

Kritter

Someone is speaking to themselves again.

The article that started this thread is about Harry inviting the Spencer's to his wedding. Yet we get hairstyles to talk about.   :lol:

TLLK

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on April 14, 2018, 11:43:22 PM
:goodpost: @royalanthropologist  she was in a classic damned if you do...had she kept the old style theyd have said she didnt respect the gravitas of the occasion to put in an effort, if she did, they got her for supposedly trying to upstage the queen. Sorry but at that time Diana in a binbag would have upstaged her.
I liked the style that she wore for the SoP, but I think ultimately she found that short hair was easier and chose to remain with it.

royalanthropologist

I can see the resident troll is back in business trying to derail threads with its rants. Clearly it has nothing sensible to say apart from attacking other posters with its pathetic conspiracy theories and bossiness. We had a few days relief and now it is back to torment us. Please begone troll :ugh: :notamused:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

Troll is the best you can do to try & cover up. Surely you can come up with something better than that.   :lol:

I know something you don't know.   :nod:

royalanthropologist

I am not feeding the troll, thank you very much. This is a nice thread (or was nice until the troll butted in). The last thing we need is for it to be polluted with nonsense from something which clearly needs serious help.

dianab

the 4 children resemble johnnie spencer -  but i've always found jane the plain one... the other 3 children were strikingly good-looking

royalanthropologist

I think it is more to do with her fashion choices than being an incurably plain Jane. Most people can look good or bad depending on whether they have the right stylist and select the right clothes for them. The Spencers have big bones and are generally tall so it is about creating the impression of sophisticated understatement and softer looks. Jane is a country woman at heart and I think all that chic business is not her thing. I have to admit that as she has grown older, she seems to have found a style that suits her.

dianab

^i'm really talking about her face in itself... even when young she had a old face IMO - there are people who are like that

royalanthropologist

I see what you mean. It is one of those annoying things when everybody thinks you are older than you really are :hehe:

Trudie

Quote from: dianab on April 15, 2018, 02:37:10 PM
^i'm really talking about her face in itself... even when young she had a old face IMO - there are people who are like that

I agree here especially when you look at pictures of her wedding. Jane has finally grown into her looks.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Kritter on April 15, 2018, 07:06:29 AM
Troll is the best you can do to try & cover up. Surely you can come up with something better than that.   :lol:

I know something you don't know.   :nod:

Quote from: royalanthropologist on April 15, 2018, 08:33:18 AM
I am not feeding the troll, thank you very much. This is a nice thread (or was nice until the troll butted in). The last thing we need is for it to be polluted with nonsense from something which clearly needs serious help.

[gmod]Pack it in the pair of you! @Kritter - Enough! @royalanthropologist Stop rising to it.[/gmod]

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 05:03:35 PM

IMO she looks just like Diana would have done if not married into the RF.  And her voice at Diana's funeral, took my breath away. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me