The Duke and Duchess of Sussex-A New Chapter Part 9

Started by TLLK, September 24, 2022, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

Another interesting article Daniela Elser: Meghan Markle's biggest mistake comes into focus - NZ Herald

I don?t agree with the author on a few points but I certainly think that this paragraph makes a rather noteworthy argument.

QuoteIt has become clear since Her Majesty's passing that the British monarchy, an institution founded entirely on white male privilege, is on the cusp of becoming a feminist powerhouse. And for Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex upping sticks and leaving might just have been a huge miscalculation, leaving her out in the cold as Team Windsor takes the lead on gender equality.

Curryong

That depends I think on the public perception of just how much Queen Camilla is doing in the public eye in this reign in comparison to her husband. If we look at how many engagements per year Camilla undertakes, even with her favourite charities like domestic violence, and literacy for example, in comparison to her husband, who undertakes hundreds more per year than she does, including his favourite issues, like the environment then you would be entitled to ask who would be having the most influence.

Kate and William haven?t got into their full stride yet, but the POW, merely by virtue of his position will, like his father, be conducting far more engagements than his wife, who will also be attending more to their private life as they have a young family. It may well be a question with this couple as to what resonates more in the public arena, early childhood issues, or for example, the environment through Earthshot etc and wildlife protection.

The Wessexes will I suppose continue on with many of their enterprises, premature infants, the blind, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, as will Anne, whose total of engagements rivals her older brother?s.

How much of this actually resonates with the British public is unknown really. Unlike people on royal forums the public don?t pay huge amounts of attention to what their royals do. They are just background noise to many Britons.

If Meghan had remained then the Press and media would have had to get behind her and the causes she adopted. That doesn?t seem terribly likely to me, considering that she was roundly criticised by them for practically all she did in her public and private life. As Royals each individual member HAS to have the Press eulogising them, praising them or at the very least tolerating them. Meghan never had that unfortunately, even the latter, so we shan?t ever know what she could have achieved as a long term senior member of the RF.

Curryong

Delighted to see the site up and running again! Thank you to all the team at RIF who worked so hard to right the situation. Modern technology is a pain when it goes pear shaped. Still, back to work!

Got some catching up to do! Ref the Sussexes.

Harry and Meghan attended a Jack Johnson concert in Santa Barbara last week:

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Enjoy Date Night at Jack Johnson Concert

__

Macrobug67

Prince Harry and Meghan 'complained' about the way they were treated at Queen's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly been "complaining" about being "snubbed and mistreated" by the Royal Family during the engagements surrounding Queen Elizabeth II's funeral following her death on September 8. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were already in the UK but joined the royals in mourning after the Queen died and appeared on several occasions in public alongside other senior members of the Royal Family.

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on October 16, 2022, 11:31:06 PM
Prince Harry and Meghan 'complained' about the way they were treated at Queen's funeral | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Oh Yes? Anonymous sources again in another article in the Express, this time supposedly ?friends of the couple?. Apparently friends who run to the tabloid press with titbits. More likely friends of this tabloid, ie journalists themselves, formulating yet another bashing story to add to the heap.

Macrobug67

Kinda agree.  Most of those are just made up twaddle

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on October 17, 2022, 12:03:12 AM
Oh Yes? Anonymous sources again in another article in the Express, this time supposedly ?friends of the couple?. Apparently friends who run to the tabloid press with titbits. More likely friends of this tabloid, ie journalists themselves, formulating yet another bashing story to add to the heap.

No. Her direct words. Her interview for her cover pic on Variety.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on October 19, 2022, 05:01:44 PM

Click the link and you find:

"Columnist Richard Johnson wrote that the claims came from friends of the couple in London.

He wrote in New York Daily News: "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s friends in London are whispering that the former royals have been complaining they were snubbed and mistreated at Queen Elizabeth?s funeral.

"They both whined that the family wasn?t as welcoming as they should have been."

I'm no longer a Sussex fan, but I always read media reports with suspicion. It may or may not be true, but it doesn't appear to be direct.   

wannable

Princess Cassandra

Thanks for posting these! While looking at them I was reminded that all along his father intended to include an important role for Harry in the slimmed down plans, but Harry was apparently unhappy and allowed himself to led off the court. I wonder - does he really have regrets or is he just wanting his cake and eat it, too. You just don't know what to believe from the media. Meanwhile he always looks so miserable. The only glimpse I've had of the old Harry jovially relating to people was at St. George's Chapel at the Queen's committal service, when he was seated next to Princess Charlotte. He was looking at her and suddenly she turned around and he smiled a very genuine smile at her. He's always related so well to children. I'm glad he has two of his own, but what a sad situation he's in.

wannable

As I replied to TLLK earlier, I do hope the couple are on a path of peace. It would be a win win situation for EVERYONE.  My hope is a very tiny window, because of the constant moaning of their lives and their alleged recalling of even in their childhood and adulthood, they are very confusing pair. I thought Harry was a team player, but with Megs they've demonstrated together that it is them as protagonist or else highway.  This thing of Me or the Monarchy is I'm not #1. Nothing wrong IF his (or her) idea is to be their own #1 but #5 (equally the spouse) so they ran away to do their thing in their lives (career wise), entrepreneurs exist because of that, but making a career bashing people isn't a long term career, and in the process the basher gets more hurt than the bashed. IF they had bashed once and only once, you keep the public confused, but the constant trashing of it had a boomerang effect on themselves and opened the eyes of the public beyond the UK.

I'm keeping my tiny window of hope wide open, wishing hard they don't gaslight or throw another stink bomb to ANYONE.

wannable

Variety official youtube channel

I think MM will be brainstorming with her team what next.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on October 21, 2022, 03:18:47 PM
As I replied to TLLK earlier, I do hope the couple are on a path of peace. It would be a win win situation for EVERYONE.  My hope is a very tiny window, because of the constant moaning of their lives and their alleged recalling of even in their childhood and adulthood, they are very confusing pair. I thought Harry was a team player, but with Megs they've demonstrated together that it is them as protagonist or else highway.  This thing of Me or the Monarchy is I'm not #1. Nothing wrong IF his (or her) idea is to be their own #1 but #5 (equally the spouse) so they ran away to do their thing in their lives (career wise), entrepreneurs exist because of that, but making a career bashing people isn't a long term career, and in the process the basher gets more hurt than the bashed. IF they had bashed once and only once, you keep the public confused, but the constant trashing of it had a boomerang effect on themselves and opened the eyes of the public beyond the UK.

I'm keeping my tiny window of hope wide open, wishing hard they don't gaslight or throw another stink bomb to ANYONE.
Wannable, I hope so, too, but I really doubt they can help themselves. I don't think they see themselves as others see them. They feel misunderstood and wronged, and this is reflected in their words and actions. I remember how wonderful it was to see Harry interacting with children and others, just like his mother. He says he was unhappy back then, but he didn't look unhappy to us. Now he says he is happy but to me he looks angry and unhappy.  :cry:

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on October 21, 2022, 03:18:47 PM

I agree with your comment completely, yet the way they have gone about their lives since leaving the royal family and they way they left is showing me they are filled with hate and rage at those in the royal family even Prince Philip while he lay dying and this past year with HM, that seems to be taking over everything they wanted to create and didn't.  No way in *ell should they have bashed the royal family and most of all with the ages of Harry's grandparents shows me they have NO respect for anyone in the royal family so I would love to believe them that they are turning the tables yet *they* and only both Harry and Meghan BROKE the *trust* with the royal family.........so who is going to believe them now?   Trust is gained in drops of one's life and lost in buckets and never to be gained back again is something that really hurts one's soul in a family.......Harry more then Meghan did that to HIS family as he was born in the royal family.

wannable

In reference to the Counsellor of State

Harry quotes

If you hate your job, quit

"I was thinking, I don't want this job, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be doing this. Look what it did to my mom," Harry told the actor. "How am I ever going to settle down and have a wife and family when I know it's going to happen again? I've seen behind the curtain, I've seen the business model and seen how this whole thing works and I don't want to be part of this."

He has also said he was forced to work and tour places he didn't want to go or do.

So why will he feel humiliated to be relieved from perhaps the 'last' link of ''work'' with the monarchy?  He can't even do a tour correctly without causing a embarrassment or scandal directly affecting the host, the foreign and trade office and the monarchy.

Curryong

You stated ?He (Harry) can't even do a tour correctly without causing a embarrassment or scandal directly affecting the host, the foreign and trade office and the monarchy.?

That is completely untrue. Harry completed a tour of the Caribbean and Brazil in Jubilee year and was a huge success. He was credited in fact with causing the Jamaican PM to pull back on her calls for a republic. No scandal or embarrassment there at all.

Here in Australia Meghan and Harry were a huge success with the crowds with whom they interacted extremely well. You forget, I was there in Melbourne when they visited at Govt House. The tour was regarded as a triumph. It certainly didn?t cause embarrassment to the ?trade office? (whatever that may be; I presume you mean either the Foreign Office or the Commonwealth Secretariat) or the host, monarchy, etc. Even the journalists accompanying the Sussexes were glowing in their reports.

wannable

All that destroyed in their SA trip. Then by his own mouth by being 'forced' to work and travel, when he didn't want to. What else does he have to admit that he doesn't want anything work related with the Monarchy?

He only wants his title to make money.

wannable

EXCLUSIVE: Harry and Meghan to snub royal Christmas invite with relations at near rock bottom.
Russell Myers

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 28, 2022, 09:43:56 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Harry and Meghan to snub royal Christmas invite with relations at near rock bottom.
Russell Myers

Myers speculating again, along with the rest of the British media. Russell of course has perused the royal invitation list and the Sussexes? response in great detail.