The Duke and Duchess of Sussex-A New Chapter Part 9

Started by TLLK, September 24, 2022, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Welcome to Part 9 of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex-A New Chapter.

The previous thread can be found here. A New Chapter Part 8

Blue Clover

Good news today!

Harry's memoir u-turn: Duke 'requests 11th-hour rewrite' of his autobiography after Queen's death | Daily Mail Online

Harry cares very deeply for his family, the memory of the Queen, and England. This is a move in the right direction! I hope the publisher will allow the changes.

wannable

The Sussexes lawyers have used 2 scare tactics; one legally bound, the other an interview with the lawyer. The legal one is a notice of warning to the bully article march 2021, which after a certain period if not taking further actions, the notice is lifted. The interview, everyone read, yet here is Valentine book.

wannable

Quote from: Blue Clover on September 24, 2022, 11:37:28 PM
Good news today!

Harry's memoir u-turn: Duke 'requests 11th-hour rewrite' of his autobiography after Queen's death | Daily Mail Online

Harry cares very deeply for his family, the memory of the Queen, and England. This is a move in the right direction! I hope the publisher will allow the changes.

A bit wishy washy article. Just be done with it, publish the book.

changemhysoul

I don't think Harry requested a change to his book, I think some are still wishing he would change it imo.

Low is a shrug the shoulders for me.

In other news and mod's correct me if I'm posting in the wrong place but this Tyler Perry says the love between Meghan, Prince Harry led him to loan them his mansion

was a cute little thing that came out some days ago.

Nothing super important about it, I just thought it was cute.

Blue Clover

That was cute and generous of Tyler Perry to loan them his mansion.

About the book, I honestly hope it is revised. When it was written his grandmother was alive, and his father was not King, these are two very important differences.

wannable

Infinitely more important than Valentine Low are all the women in the stories.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Blue Clover on September 24, 2022, 11:59:02 PM

About the book, I honestly hope it is revised. When it was written his grandmother was alive, and his father was not King, these are two very important differences.

I don't think the book will be what people expects it to be, which why I don't think it needs it to be revised. Honestly, I'd like to see more stories about how him and Nacho's friendship developed. PTSD, survivors guilt from making it out, possibly? It'd also be nice to see him address his own growth (nazi costume, racism and etc) maybe some more stories about time spent with the Spencer side of his family.

I do think, he could at least let members of the family see what's been written about them before release. Not the entire book but anything that references any person, they could give him an excerpt of that.

Blue Clover

I like the idea of letting members of the BRF see what he has written before the book is released.

If the book is about the topics, you listed above, I would be pleasantly surprised and very happy indeed.

Nightowl

Quote from: Blue Clover on September 24, 2022, 11:59:02 PM

I hope Harry has done some deep thinking on the way back and made some realizations about his life and all the anger and rage inside him which has to be dealt with asap for if left as it is, then he is a ticking young man whose actions are not always well thought out. 

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on September 25, 2022, 12:14:34 AM
I don't think the book will be what people expects it to be, which why I don't think it needs it to be revised. Honestly, I'd like to see more stories about how him and Nacho's friendship developed. PTSD, survivors guilt from making it out, possibly? It'd also be nice to see him address his own growth (nazi costume, racism and etc) maybe some more stories about time spent with the Spencer side of his family.

I do think, he could at least let members of the family see what's been written about them before release. Not the entire book but anything that references any person, they could give him an excerpt of that.

This from your previous comment...*As a note, they've never sued about any books written about them. I doubt that Mr. Low will have the privilege of being the first.*

I really don't expect them to sue anyone that wrote a book, not even Mr. Low as that would open a can of worms they would most surly regret and they just might realize that. If I am wrong then I will eat my words and apologize.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Nightowl on September 25, 2022, 12:34:55 AM
This from your previous comment...*As a note, they've never sued about any books written about them. I doubt that Mr. Low will have the privilege of being the first.*

I really don't expect them to sue anyone that wrote a book, not even Mr. Low as that would open a can of worms they would most surly regret and they just might realize that. If I am wrong then I will eat my words and apologize.

I didn't expect them to sue as they've never sued for a book before. But we thing's could happen and we both might be in for a shock.

Quote from: Blue Clover on September 25, 2022, 12:30:18 AM
I like the idea of letting members of the BRF see what he has written before the book is released.

If the book is about the topics, you listed above, I would be pleasantly surprised and very happy indeed.

I'd make me happy too. He can't completely move around his family and life so far all together, it'd be hard to write about how he felt as a child without mentioning the big thing's that happened in the background but I hope it's not the only focus. It's always been interesting to me that he has Invictus and helping soldiers and families with mental health. He talked about how, being in the army made him feel normal but not really about any of the PTSD around it. He only says good things (because it was good for him to a point) so I just want to know more, Nightmares, thing's that happened in battle (that can be talked about and etc)

I just think he has stories to tell that aren't around the drama and it's what I'd like to see and I think other's would be interested.

Blue Clover

I know he will have to talk about the BRF because they are his family when he discusses his life experiences. However, there is a problem with publicizing his personal experiences, given who his family members are. They deserve privacy due to their status in society. I hope you are right and that the stories he tells are unrelated to his family conflicts.

changemhysoul

It is a tight-rope to walk and we'll see.

For the link to the HELLO! article, if it's true. It seems like both parties knew it would be until they got Archewell launched and settled. So, maybe they feel as if they're at a good point now and it looks like they'll still be working with them for somethings or at the very least, the partnership ended on good terms.

Whoever they hire next, I hope they can be convinced to use social media again. Meghan hinted at it but the author back-tracked about it in The Cut article. I do think they should at least get social media for Archewell related stuff. I know the m.o for them is to thing's under cover but there had been some things were I think social media  focould be good, like Harry's trip to Mozambique and Rwanda for African Parks. He managed to lead a delegation of Democrat's and Republican's. It would've been nice to see some pictures and etc. I enjoyed the Sussex Royal post because they'd do a lot of information under the photos. It's a great-way to highlight things.

Blue Clover

A tightrope is a nice way to describe the current situation. If used for promoting goodwill events, social media could be a good thing for Archewell related highlights.

wannable

Quote from: sara8150 on September 25, 2022, 01:19:59 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle split from PR company - all the details | HELLO!

Two weeks old news.

The author puts it nicely.

The same female twitter user that had said SS no more 4 weeks ago said just last week MM 6 months debt was USD 2million. Once she paid, game over.

So Hello magazine says they may work in the future with specific projects. I translate that as forward pay upfront.

changemhysoul

I don?t know if I believe a random Twitter user but I?d that?s the case, it?s cool of SS to pay and even if The Sussex?s pay anything up front, the relationship seemed to end on friendly terms enough for them to still work together in the future.

wannable

I did mention it, the rumor 4 weeks ago (not just mentioning today/now), then I posted 2 weeks ago US based entertainment RadarOnLine confirming the split, athough the tone is different to Hello! Magazine version of the split.

Now I'm stating the 2nd rumor of Meghan's alleged 6 months debt of USD2Million, which allegedly was paid to SS when she got paid by Spotify. Once she paid, SS finished their contract with her. This second rumor was in social media 1 week ago.

changemhysoul

I got the first part.

And I'm saying, I don't know if I believe the rumor but if the rumor is true. That part really doesn't matter to me, the fact that it was a good split and they're still willing to work together in the future is my main take-away.

wannable

The rumour came out to be true. Straight forward or softly stated.

I don't post all rumours out there, just the ones that are RIF (Royal Internet Forum) family friendly (read the RIF rules) or that I have the gut feeling there's an edge to it to pan out true (equally exercising the RIF rules)

FanDianaFancy

Blue Clover

I hope not. I doubt the publisher will allow edits of the scathing, juicy, critical , backstabbing read.  Henrys ticket, angle, money maker is DoS, BRF backstabbing.

Once the horse is out of the gate, you cannot put it back in.

The Cut by Megan, HER OWN WORDS, was nasty, crazy.
Then like the next week, TQ died.

No one wants to buy some like love admiration fest of a book from Henry. This Willnot sell.

The publishing company wants a seller. Money making book.

Let it rip.

Blue Clover

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on September 25, 2022, 07:05:02 PM
Blue Clover

I hope not. I doubt the publisher will allow edits of the scathing, juicy, critical , backstabbing read.  Henrys ticket, angle, money maker is DoS, BRF backstabbing.

Once the horse is out of the gate, you cannot put it back in.

The Cut by Megan, HER OWN WORDS, was nasty, crazy.
Then like the next week, TQ died.

No one wants to buy some like love admiration fest of a book from Henry. This Willnot sell.

The publishing company wants a seller. Money making book.

Let it rip.

I hope the publisher will allow the changes. I believe that Harry loves his family, nation, and the monarchy and wants to protect them. Much has changed in his world since he wrote this book. Like all humans, he made a mistake and should be allowed to address it. I hope for reconciliation and a better future for Harry and his family with the BRF.

changemhysoul

No one knows what it's in Harry's book.

Just because the narrative is that is going to be a secret tell-all, doesn't mean anything. As know one knows what's in the book aside from Harry, the publisher and his writer. I also disagree on his book won't sell without something juicy, it'll sell on name value alone + the constant hype from the British Media, touting it as some explosives' book. They're only helping to promote the book if they keep telling people, it's a juicy tell all.
E
And it'd sell. If they're followers can grass-roots raise over $100,000 for on charity, his book will sell just fine. Even the blurry Jubilee photo of Meghan's* hat managed to sell out in an hour and that was nearly $2000 dollars. They're planning to re-produce the shoes she wore to The Queen's funeral because that sold out as well. They have selling power.

And The Cut interview wasn't nasty, or crazy. I say this, because she might've said stuff people didn't like. She did say she could talk (which I understood because the attacks with helps of leaks have been constant even when she doesn't speak of the family) but she didn't say anything crazy or nasty.

People may not like it but it wasn't nasty.

Blue Clover

@changemhysoul I agree, Harry has selling power. No matter what is in his book, it will sell and raise money. He may not have revealed much or ever intended to reveal "secrets" about his family. Meghan has selling power. People want to wear what she wears, such as her shoes worn to the Queen's funeral. All the British papers are obsessed with Meghan. Not a day goes by without some mention of her this gives her selling power.