A New Chapter Part 8

Started by wannable, June 13, 2022, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Welcome to Part 8 of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's New Chapter thread.

It's being reported today a private event Meghan did 2 months ago in the Hague (during Invcitus Games) (Mid April 2022)

Meghan's surprise engagement during the Invictus Games: Duchess gave 'inspiring feedback' during visit to an entrepreneurship course for girls and non-binary youngsters in The Netherlands

TLLK

Good news from the Invictus Games.

Curryong

Yes, the Games were certainly a success and brought some great publicity to the cause of wounded and maimed veterans.

Macrobug67

New thread.  The old one was getting long.

Chat away!

Nightowl

:laugh10:.....I think my opinion on the Sussex's is widely known here and elsewhere..so Thank you for the chat yet not going there as I need to learn how to express my opinion in a calmer and more mature way....... as my sister has told me many times. 

Just know that nothing they do in the future to tear down the monarchy will ever surprise me!  Maybe a trip to Rwanda for both of them staying in huts with no toilet will teach them to appreciate what they have given up and what they have today.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on June 13, 2022, 08:50:48 PM
Yes, the Games were certainly a success and brought some great publicity to the cause of wounded and maimed veterans.
And those particular veterans do very much need and deserve it.

wannable

Newsweek is suggesting Spotify will be cancelling the Sussex contract. 

wannable

It's spreading like fire in social media.

Sky News Australia
@SkyNewsAust

Sky News contributor Daisy Cousens says ''there was so much hype'' around Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's deals with Spotify and Netflix but little has been released.

TLLK

Update on the legal action being taken by the Duke against the Home Office.

https://twitter.com/MattSunRoyal/status/1544638256721035272?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

QuoteNew: Prince Harry v The Home Office trial will start tomorrow at The Royal Courts of Justice in London, it has been confirmed. The Duke is appealing a decision to remove his security after he and Meghan quit royal duty to start new life in the US.

wannable

Throwing ALL the toys out of the pram.

He wants UK security to protect him from the US gun happy Amendment 2.

Scared to be at HM Jubilee Parade, Happy to be at gun happy Wyoming 4thJuly Parade!  It all makes a lot of sense. 

wannable

Omid Scobie
@scobie

In his role as @BetterUp Chief Impact Officer, Prince Harry has interviewed Olympic snowboarder
@ChloeKim and psychologist @AdamMGrant for a short film about developing proactive mental fitness practices.

Full video: A discussion on Mental Fitness

wannable

The General Assembly are on holiday, their first ''general assembly is in September.

The Mandela Foundation as every year on Mandela Day, July 18 uses the UN and anyone can go to the meeting of Mandela Day.

IMO, Sunshine Sach is bigging Prince Harry with disinformation by using the ''General Assembly''.

Scroll down and check: 1. Date and office location 2. Topic
UN General Assembly - Schedule of General Assembly plenary and related meetings

The ''UN General Assembly'' 77th Session of the UN General Assembly
The 77th session of the UN General Assembly will open on Tuesday, 13 September 2022. The first day of the high-level General Debate will be Tuesday, 20 September 2022.
dates: 13-27 September 2022

^ The annual meetings take place September to December. 

''Other topics'' are discussed by invitation or open to organizations from Mid January to July. 

There's nothing for August yet in the official website

wannable

ETA: ''Informal'' meeting of plenary means it's not mandatory to assist by ''The Plenary'' of the UN General Assembly.

In other news in the website the Nelson Mandela Foundation are the ones who pass invitations, like they did extending it to Prince Harry, speech.

Note: I've decided to post this information only because it is new to me a couple hours ago (importantly factual from the official website) and noticed too many South Africans in youtube and social media absolutely annoyed treading to worse sentiments that the Mandela Fundation has given Prince Harry the mic.

Curryong

Yes, I expected you would denigrate this invitation by the Nelson Mandela Foundation, and bring in, inevitably negative social media reactions. It happens every time either of the Sussexes are invited to speak anywhere faintly notable. The fact is that Harry has been invited to speak and he is going to attend and make a speech. All the negativity and chit chattering of all the social media in the world isn?t going to change that fact. I just remain faintly amused by all the effort expanded by Sussex denigrators to rush excitedly to point out to their supporters this and that.

wannable

I'm not denigrating, I'm being factual versus the Sunshine Sach version they emailed to the media worldwide, hence my comment about 'learning a couple of hours ago', using the official UN website.

It is terrible (or not) that the own citizens of South Africa (verified accounts with location in South Africa to famous South African youtubers) are annoyed the Mandela Foundation chose Harry, from He doesn't represent Nelson Mandela's philosophy of life (one SA journalist listed 75 NM quotes, Harry is the opposite breaking multiple times NM famous quotes, ensuing comments were brutal).  These voices conclude Mandela Foundation chose Prince Harry for worldwide mentions, publicity.  How can one be angry that citizens from Mandela's own country citizenship are pissed off with the Mandela family?!

IF it were the per usual social media accounts I'd agree that the narrative is the same, but it's not.  The exposure of unwanted person isn't limited to UK and USA, it's getting worldwide.  Does Harry know, I'm almost sure he already does since yesterday (because of the updated information in the UN official website)

Can't blame messengers of reality.  The fault lies with the Sussexes publicity and media communications person/company hired/organization. Bigging up, putting out their fluffy or damaging lies, when found out they themselves are to blame.

Curryong

Twitter mobs anywhere do not represent what the citizenry of the world think about anything. And I will be watching and reading what Harry says in his speech at the UN thanks. I don?t care what anti-Sussex people care to impart about this couple, thanks. I think for myself. And if you wish to have an echo chamber of pro Cambridge/anti Sussex sentiment in this forum that is up to you but I am entitled to speak my opinion here.

Nightowl

*Actual FACTS* are to be believed, not assumptions, innuendos, gossip, lies, rumors, stories, just good ole plain FACTS, something the the Sussex's just do not understand as we have all seen on Oprah and all the lies they told.......Here is what gets me seeing red about the Sussex's.....They tell LIES which can be *fact* checked yet so many people approve of their telling LIES.......why?  It makes them look bad and untrustworthy, just tell the darn truth and let the chips fall where they fall.  This is just me, I have told the truth even when it has hurt me deeply and I suffered for it yet that had to be done because I am of the firm belief that the *truth* always comes out in the end and wins.  Now if only my congress would learn those lessons!

TLLK

Prince Harry will be among the delegates who are commemorating the late Nelson Mandela today in NY.

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1548996836177973252

QuoteU.N. General Assembly's commemoration of Nelson Mandela International Day will start at 10 AM EST (New York) (in just over 2 hours).

& will last 1.5 hours with speeches from delegates from around the world.

wannable

I think they should change the date to before summer holidays and make it obligatory, Nelson Mandela deserves a full audience.

There's plenty of empty seats.  The Mandela day has started.

wannable

Harry delivered a good speech.

Again, shame Mandela Day isn't before the summer holiday.

TLLK

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 18, 2022, 07:12:49 PM
Video of Prince Harry's speech today.

Prince Harry Delivers Speech on Nelson Mandela International Day - YouTube

Thanks TLLK, I enjoyed that speech. I actually remember seeing Diana?s meeting with Nelson Mandela. How lucky she was to talk to him and enjoy his presence. He?s one of my heroes. Good to know that Harry has met and spoken to so many of the man?s friends, family and colleagues over the years, including Archbishop Tutu.