Harry and Meghan welcome Baby Lili

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 06, 2021, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

Europe?s number eights: all the royals who are eighth in line to the throne ? Royal Central

On 4 June 2021, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was born in Santa Barbara, California. Their daughter, who will be known as Lili, is now eighth in line to the British throne. Let?s look at the other royal families of Europe to see who occupies the eighth space in line to their respective thrones.

Curryong

Lily?s bumped Andrew down to ninth, followed by his children and grandchild.

TudorQueen

Congratulations to the couple and both families on the arrival of little Lilli  :flower3:

Lily was on my list of names. So I guess I was pretty close. I am surprised Doria didn't get a nod in her new granddaughter though.

Both their children have 'nicknames' as their proper name. Instead of naming their son Archibald and calling him Archie as a nickname, they just used Archie. Instead of calling her Lily/Elizabeth and using Lilibet as a nickname, they call her Lilibet.

Curryong

Archie has been used as a full name, not a shortening, by Britons for at least the past decade, probably more. Archie appears in UK lists as a favourite full name. Archibald doesn?t.

I also guessed Lily, which is a beautiful name, so I?m happy. I think this child will be called Lili 98% of the time. Maybe Doria doesn?t like her name. If she had wanted I?m sure Meghan and Harry would have tagged on Doria as a middle name for this baby

Izabella

That?s sweet! Lili or Lily is always a pretty name.  Now there?s Lili and Lottie.  :lol:

Amabel2

Quote from: Izabella on June 06, 2021, 09:53:34 PM
That?s sweet! Lili or Lily is always a pretty name.  Now there?s Lili and Lottie.  :lol:
Who's Lottie

Macrobug67

Amabel2

Quote from: Macrobug67 on June 06, 2021, 10:06:15 PM
Charlotte

I've never heard her referred to as Lottie by anyone?  I dont know if that abbreviation is used much nowadays. 

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 06, 2021, 10:17:35 PM
I've never heard her referred to as Lottie by anyone?  I dont know if that abbreviation is used much nowadays.

Kate apparently calls her daughter Lottie.

Princess Charlotte's Nickname Is "Lottie," Reports a Fan Who Met Kate Middleton in Northern Ireland

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 06, 2021, 08:09:08 PM
Lily?s bumped Andrew down to ninth, followed by his children and grandchild.
As well as the  Wessexes, the family  of the  Princess Royal and so on.

My only real surprise was that they opted  for Cottage Hospital, but perhaps  that threw the paps off.  Press might have expected  Cedars Sinai.

Curryong

Apparently the Cottage Hospital has a lovely cosy atmosphere, like a rather luxurious old hotel. And not too big. Perhaps it was more convenient as well, only about ten minutes away, and they liked what they heard about it. Meghan might be nearly forty but she?s very fit, didn?t spend too much time there before heading for home to relax a bit, which you can never do in hospitals, however nicely set up they are.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on June 06, 2021, 11:19:08 PM
As well as the  Wessexes, the family  of the  Princess Royal and so on.

My only real surprise was that they opted  for Cottage Hospital, but perhaps  that threw the paps off.  Press might have expected  Cedars Sinai.

Baby Lilli born in Santa Barbara,California in USA but Harry and Meghan banned paparazzi for privately on birth of baby lilli but this not photocall and the couple wouldnt invited pictures for baby same Cambridges did photocall when George,Charlotte and Louis got appearance few hours after birth but Meghan should want private during birth of her kids but Meghan got broken traditional and broken protocol but Meghan don?t get appearance when Archie and Lillie was born till debut anytime up to Harry and Meghan makes decisions and also palace and Clarence House

TudorQueen

Harry and Meghan are officially private citizens, not working royals, now. So how and when they release photos is up to them.  :flower3:

Honestly I didn't miss seeing an exhausted Meghan being dragged out infront of cameras to parade for paps after Archie. Nor will I with Lili. Let the mom and baby rest a few days and then let us see wonderful photos and be introduced.

I am all for the way both Archie and August's introduction was handled.

sara8150

Quote from: TudorQueen on June 06, 2021, 11:37:26 PM
Harry and Meghan are officially private citizens, not working royals, now. So how and when they release photos is up to them.  :flower3:

Honestly I didn't miss seeing an exhausted Meghan being dragged out infront of cameras to parade for paps after Archie. Nor will I with Lili. Let the mom and baby rest a few days and then let us see wonderful photos and be introduced.

I am all for the way both Archie and August's introduction was handled.

I?m agreed with that Harry is son of Prince Charles and late Diana, Princess of Wales and grandson of HM Queen Elizabeth II

TudorQueen

Quote from: sara8150 on June 06, 2021, 11:59:35 PM
I?m agreed with that Harry is son of Prince Charles and late Diana, Princess of Wales and grandson of HM Queen Elizabeth II

And Eugenie is the daughter of Prince Andrew and granddaughter of HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Zara and Peter are the children of Princess Anne and grandchildren of HM Queen Elizabeth II.

The difference isn't who the parent is. But what their status in the royal family is. Harry like his cousins is no longer a working royal. They are private citizens like the Yorks and Anne's children. Which provides them greater leniency on what and how they share information.

Curryong

Eugenie congratulated Harry and Meghan on her IG today.

Harry's cousin shared her delight at the news as she posted on Instragram this evening: "Congratulations dear cousins...we couldn't be happier for you all", followed by a string of heart emojis.

sara8150

Archie 'excited' at arrival of Lilibet as royal watchers say Queen was 'surprised' by name | Daily Mail Online

Royal fans call Prince William and Kate Middleton 'class acts' after they congratulate Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

What can Lilibet's HOROSCOPE reveal about her personality? | Daily Mail Online

Royal experts claim Queen will be 'unhappy' at Harry and Meghan naming their daughter Lilibet | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle gives birth to Lili 25 years after Princess Diana visited her college in June 1996 | Daily Mail Online

Lilibetdiana.com purchased on the same day Harry and Meghan's daughter was born | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle baby: Princess Eugenie congratulates her cousins | Daily Mail Online

Harry wanted to name daughter after the Queen even before he met Meghan, insider says  | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle's secret nod to Doria Ragland in daughter Lili's name | Daily Mail Online
Like mom and daughter traditional nicknames from doria

Is baby Lilibet's name an honour or a shameless attempt to boost Sussex brand?  | Daily Mail Online

How Baby Lili's Name Is Also a Nod to Meghan Markle's Mom Doria Ragland | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Told Queen About Daughter's Birth Pre-Announcement | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Daughter Isn't First Royal Born in US | PEOPLE.com

Lilibet Diana: How Birth Compared to Big Brother Archie's | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Will Daughter Lili Have Dual Citizenship? | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Support Charities After Lili's Birth | PEOPLE.com

How the Queen found out about Prince Harry's daughter Lilibet's birth | HELLO!

Royal mothers over 35: Kate Middleton, Sophie Wessex, Meghan Markle & more | HELLO!

Prince William shares sweet connection with niece Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor | HELLO!

Princess Charlotte shares a sweet connection with Meghan Markle's baby girl | HELLO!

Prince Harry hinted at name 'Lily' years before welcoming daughter with Meghan Markle | HELLO!

Princess Eugenie congratulates 'dear cousins' Meghan Markle and Prince Harry after birth of baby Lilibet | HELLO!

Princess Diana's astrologer reveals Meghan and Harry's daughter will 'make mark on world' | HELLO!

Royal fans are saying the same thing about Kate Middleton's message to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57380133

How Harry and Meghan's second child affects the line of succession - and the royals she bumps down the list | UK News | Sky News

Who is bumped down the line of succession by Harry and Meghan's second child? | UK News | Sky News

Meghan and Harry?s daughter Lilibet is already settling into their California mansion | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Lilibet Diana name: Prince Harry dropped massive clue over daughter's name YEARS ago | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen 'desperately unhappy' at Meghan and Harry for naming newborn daughter Lilibet | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan and Harry to follow family tradition with Lilibet first picture | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in 'control' and moving 'forward forward' with their lives | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Charlotte shares sweet link to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new baby Lilibet | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle hinted at special baby tribute to Queen with sombre wedding choice | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Archie 'very happy to have little sister' after Meghan and Harry's new arrival - Mirror Online

Meghan and Harry 'to keep Lilibet's godparents secret with private christening' - Mirror Online
Like Archie?s christening to kept private and no release the godparents names

William and Kate send gift for baby Lilibet as Queen receives first photos - Mirror Online

Inside Lilibet's Californian life - celeb play dates, Meghan's parenting and missing cousins - Mirror Online
Must include the Royals Cousins unbelievable Harry and Meghan dismiss of George,Charlotte and Louis for cousins date not necessarily for that

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry to take 'several months off' for parental leave to 'lead by example' after Lilibet?s birth

Kate Middleton and Prince William 'send gift' to congratulate Meghan Markle and Harry for baby Lilibet's arrival

Meghan Markle latest news - Duchess and Harry WON'T share photo of baby Lilibet Diana and are now on parental leave
No pictures still due Meghan against UK taboilds for pictures of Archie and she wins case without permission of Harry and Meghan but Meghan is former actress under her belts she have rightful to protective of her children under California laws and UK laws also

LouisFerdinand

The D in the baby's middle name, which is Diana, could also stand for Doria.

TudorQueen

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 07, 2021, 10:56:07 PM

By that reasoning the a at the end could stand for Doria  :happy:

If they chose a random D name like Dawn, I could see arguing the D was chosen to honor both mothers. But Diana is Diana.

sara8150

Quote from: TudorQueen on June 08, 2021, 02:46:58 AM
By that reasoning the a at the end could stand for Doria  :happy:

If they chose a random D name like Dawn, I could see arguing the D was chosen to honor both mothers. But Diana is Diana.

Harry and Meghan makes decisions to names after HM Queen Elizabeth II and late Diana,Princess of Wales respect not Doria

Amabel2

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 07, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
no it couldn't.  If they want to call the baby Doria - its easy enough to put Doria among her names.

sara8150

SARAH VINE asks isn't this the Lilibet that Harry made out to be a lousy mother? | Daily Mail Online

New arrival Lilibet could be a 'Band-Aid baby,' Prince Harry's biographer Angela Levin claims | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle's 'overjoyed' mother Doria Ragland WASN'T present at Lilbet's birth | Daily Mail Online

Is baby Lilibet's name an honour or a shameless attempt to boost Sussex brand?  | Daily Mail Online

The OTHER Lillie: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's newborn daughter shares name of great-great aunt | Daily Mail Online

The Queen met Prince Harry and Meghan's daughter Lilibet on a video call | Daily Mail Online

Inside Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's 'Complete Family of 4' | PEOPLE.com

Queen Elizabeth Met Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Baby Lili Via Video | PEOPLE.com

The Queen makes first appearance since birth of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter | HELLO!

Meghan Markle and baby Lilibet Diana make appearance in Duchess' new book | HELLO!

Charles Spencer: Big news following birth of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's daughter | HELLO!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'have to release photo' of Lili for own security | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Meghan 'very pleased' to keep Lilibet's birth quiet - 'What they wanted!' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan and Harry to break with royal tradition again with Lilibet pic | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan and Harry to follow family tradition with Lilibet first picture | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Doria Ragland's moving desire for grandchildren: 'Healthier for normal upbringing' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle's mum Doria 'moves in with her and Harry to help after Lili's birth' - Mirror Online

Diana would've been 'thrilled' with Harry and Meghan's choice of baby name - Mirror Online
Diana would happy have another granddaughter if she would be here today from heavenly

Meghan and Diana 'both wanted something from Queen and didn't get it', expert says - Mirror Online

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle introduced baby Lilibet to Queen 'on video call' - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry WON'T be sharing a photo of baby girl yet, Omid Scobie says
That so means!! 

Curryong

I think the Sussexes have already sent photos and video linked with Charles and Camilla, the Queen and possibly the Cambridges as well.