A New Chapter Part 6

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 19, 2021, 09:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Welcome to A New Chapter Part 6. Please continue all discussion of the Sussexes' news and activity here in this thread.

The previous thread is now closed, but can be found here:
A new chapter part 5

As in all discussion threads please consider the following:

Posting Rules and Expectations

Our Guide To Forum Etiquette

wannable

I find this Telegraph article posted yesterday interesting to be brought today in the new chapter 6.  I didn't read it yesterday, so I also wanted to comment about it.

https://archive.ph/Zb7Cp

Ross Clark is not a royal rota, he is a journalist specialized in British Government Policy.  So his opinion piece explains easy the latest example of stating by a same individual opposite or the reverse in less than a year.

wannable

Oprah Winfrey
@Oprah
When it comes to mental health, we all have a story to share. In the US alone, 1 in 5 people suffer from some form of mental illness. & on any given day, YOU may not feel 100%. Which is why Prince Harry and I have partnered together for #TheMeYouCantSee:

24 hours after posting 3 thousand likes is not a good sign. OW will be retiring soon, the #NextGen prefer - surveys/polls youtubers.

FanDianaFancy

Macrobug67

TLLK

Can This Father-Son Relationship Ever Heal? | Vanity Fair

QuoteThe queen, who has always been very private when it comes to her grief, cannot understand why Harry is so intent on revisiting the past and sharing so much of his private grief.  According to a source close to the queen, ?She feels the problem is the press will want to know more and more. She cannot understand this need to publicize and talk about one?s private grief and personal emotion.?

Charles, on the other hand, is more understanding. According to a family friend, ?All Charles has wanted is for Harry to be happy. The Prince of Wales is a very thoughtful person and a very good father. It?s easy to cast him off as a Victorian father, but he?s not that in the slightest. He is warm and affectionate, and I?ve seen that between him and both his sons.?

No one will be hoping more than Charles that that closeness can be restored.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on May 19, 2021, 12:16:14 PM
I find this Telegraph article posted yesterday interesting to be brought today in the new chapter 6.  I didn't read it yesterday, so I also wanted to comment about it.

https://archive.ph/Zb7Cp

Ross Clark is not a royal rota, he is a journalist specialized in British Government Policy.  So his opinion piece explains easy the latest example of stating by a same individual opposite or the reverse in less than a year.
Ross Clark is a talented and intuitive writer and thinker who expresses what I feel far better than I could. I do disagree on one thing; people in the developed world are more stressed and emotionally ill than they were previously. I don't know why this is so, but when you are around young folks you know it is true. Harry doesn't express himself well, and I don't think he meant that the entire condition of the world is worse than ever before. I think he meant only in terms of mental health. In fact, to be fair I think that many things he says work against him because he doesn't express himself well. And that is yet another reason why he should stop talking in my opinion. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on May 20, 2021, 11:54:27 PM
Can This Father-Son Relationship Ever Heal? | Vanity Fair
I don't know. He doesn't appear to want to stop airing dirty linen - he seems driven. The two of them launching one thing after another without thinking things through or finishing one thing before jumping into another.  I can't imagine what this is doing to his father, grandmother and brother. 

Macrobug67

I transferred all the posts regarding the latest interview/apple+ program to the interview thread.  For the sake of clarity and to prevent the same conversation on multiple threads let's keep that discussion over there and other topics related to Harry and Meghan here.   Thanks

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews and television programs

wannable

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 21, 2021, 12:04:38 AM
I don't know. He doesn't appear to want to stop airing dirty linen - he seems driven. The two of them launching one thing after another without thinking things through or finishing one thing before jumping into another.  I can't imagine what this is doing to his father, grandmother and brother. 

Because they are both suffering mental health problems, I would think their direct family members and close circle of friends have some empathy. MH patients usually can't be blamed with responsibility of their own actions. Or at least factually, many people who have some sort of MH issue and have been cured have said they are 'aware' of the shenanigans they performed when sick (past). James Middleton didn't do no horror show, but privately with his family, he knew he was acting and in very deep trouble (his story) and how he realized and said his story AFTER he was Mentally Healthy. He also said it is an everyday thing to stay mentally healthy.

Would a person with a mental health wellbeing and in an economical good situation, with a GBP 35 Million wedding, a USD 15 Million mansion and a inheritance witlessly trash, trash, moan, moan endlessly? The answer is NO because if you are not mentally unhealthy, you are mindful about community, state, country and world economy. About people worldwide who are in a less, worst, bad, deadly position about their life (from dying, to starving, to homeless, to loss of job and that sort). One doesn't need a platform, there are people who are like Harry and Meghan, horror show. I keep on reading many people who are actually not only horrified, but scared chet of both the Sussexex conversation with Oprah.

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on May 25, 2021, 04:30:16 PM
Because they are both suffering mental health problems, I would think their direct family members and close circle of friends have some empathy. MH patients usually can't be blamed with responsibility of their own actions. Or at least factually, many people who have some sort of MH issue and have been cured have said they are 'aware' of the shenanigans they performed when sick (past). James Middleton didn't do no horror show, but privately with his family, he knew he was acting and in very deep trouble (his story) and how he realized and said his story AFTER he was Mentally Healthy. He also said it is an everyday thing to stay mentally healthy.

Would a person with a mental health wellbeing and in an economical good situation, with a GBP 35 Million wedding, a USD 15 Million mansion and a inheritance witlessly trash, trash, moan, moan endlessly? The answer is NO because if you are not mentally unhealthy, you are mindful about community, state, country and world economy. About people worldwide who are in a less, worst, bad, deadly position about their life (from dying, to starving, to homeless, to loss of job and that sort). One doesn't need a platform, there are people who are like Harry and Meghan, horror show. I keep on reading many people who are actually not only horrified, but scared chet of both the Sussexex conversation with Oprah.
This world-wide platform takes it to another level altogether.  He is doing damage to his family and the monarchy.  And, People magazine and others are making money from this situation, which is exploitive and cruel. I am wondering what is wrong with his closest circle that they are not stepping up to the mark. Or maybe they are exploiting, also. 

Amabel2

Who are his closest circle?  If its the RF, I doubt if Harry is going to listen to them.  Fact is that he may be realising now that he has very little to "sell" except "dark stories" about royal life.  Maybe he thought that he'd make deals with Netflix, and they'd hand over the money and He might do one programme a year... and he'd be in the money.  But I think that he is now finding that he is not going to get paid for nothing and that he has to keep up the stories, to get some kind of income.  Yet, I suspect the RF will be very distant with him from now on so he will have to subsist on the stories of his past royal life.  However I suppose he can use that for a while, even if the well eventually runs dry...

FanDianaFancy

Who is his inner circle?
We can assum none of his cousins as they are toxic.

TOXIC TOXIC  key word, new word, woke....lol.

When he refers to BRF, that means Zara, Eug, Bea, etc.
These cousins love and admire QE, their grandmother.

We know he is not friends with William.

I very much doubt Harry communicates with his old  friends in England. Friends from childhood.

His friends are : Oprah, Gayle, Megan?s friends.

Curryong

When did Meghan specifically attack Charles?

And as far as Harry making his (and Meghan?s) living in the US, I can remember you Amabel, saying specifically that neither wouldn?t be able to make a living except on the Speaking Circuit talking about Diana.

Then came news of the Spotify deal, the Netflix deal and Harry joining Better Up as an executive. Not to mention Meghan?s book. Are they not money-making deals?

And as for their first productions for Spotify and Netflix taking a long time, several names signed up to the two companies took over a year before their first offering was screened, including the Obamas. As well, Harry was co-producer with Oprah for the five episode TV series The Me You Can?t See, the vast majority of which btw  didn?t include Harry discussing the Royal Family. That took 40 minutes of the 5 hour series. That was taking up much of his time in recent months with pre-production work.

You don?t think Harry received any renumeration for that co-production? Because I bet he did and was paid well.
And Apple TV were very pleased with the response, as I linked in a post earlier today.

I don?t think that Harry need worry about any of his future employment prospects, thanks. He and Meghan are doing fine in California after a little over a year and with Covid as well.

I don?t believe that he or Meghan are going to run out of ideas, fail in the US, rattle the begging bowl and come back writhing in the dust to the BRF and the UK, no matter how much the British Press and SM and people on forums are absolutely slavering for that to happen. 

Curryong

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on May 28, 2021, 10:09:03 AM
Who is his inner circle?
We can assum none of his cousins as they are toxic.

TOXIC TOXIC  key word, new word, woke....lol.

When he refers to BRF, that means Zara, Eug, Bea, etc.
These cousins love and admire QE, their grandmother.

We know he is not friends with William.

I very much doubt Harry communicates with his old  friends in England. Friends from childhood.

His friends are : Oprah, Gayle, Megan?s friends.

None of us know who Harry is still friends with. Have you got messages from all Harry?s cousins telling you what their relations are with him? All of the grandchildren love their grandmother.

As Eugenie is presumably renting FC from him then she and Jack would be in contact, and I would say probably Bea as well. I would say he and Zara and Mike are still communicating. Zara and Harry were always close. As for his friends from childhood he is the godfather of several of his friends? children, and at least two are reputedly Archie?s godparents.   

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on May 28, 2021, 10:22:04 AM
When did Meghan specifically attack Charles?

And as far as Harry making his (and Meghan?s) living in the US, I can remember you Amabel, saying specifically that neither wouldn?t be able to make a living except on the Speaking Circuit talking about Diana.

well you see it never occurred to me that he'd be willing to go on TV attacking his own family..

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 28, 2021, 10:32:36 AM
well you see it never occurred to me that he'd be willing to go on TV attacking his own family..

But  it seems to me that you are still underestimating the Netflix, Spotify, Better Up, Apple TV etc deals, and quite looking forward to them all failing and Harry and Meghan falling on their faces and having to be bailed out by Charles. I just don?t see that happening.

Amabel2

I dont know if Charles is going to "bail them out" if they fail.. I suppose he will do so to an extent.. but he has proved tougher than I thought He would be.  and Harry surely wont go cap in hand to his father after all the things that he's said about him and the family....

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on May 28, 2021, 10:30:01 AM
None of us know who Harry is still friends with. Have you got messages from all Harry?s cousins telling you what their relations are with him? All of the grandchildren love their grandmother.

As Eugenie is presumably renting FC from him then she and Jack would be in contact, and I would say probably Bea as well. I would say he and Zara and Mike are still communicating. Zara and Harry were always close. As for his friends from childhood he is the godfather of several of his friends? children, and at least two are reputedly Archie?s godparents.   

Excellent point.
Well said.

Okaaaaaaay. Then.
Are you friends with Harry, Meg?
Did you call Inskip and Van Cutsems?
Are you in Harry?s  house?
Did anyone message you?

Do you know if Eug leaves at FC because royal reporters do not seem to know. It seems it was a temp thing...maybe it was a look n see for EugJack  on how much to pay Harry back and how much to spend of her money on renovations. No woman wants to live another woman?s house with another woman?s ? decir, taste, style. Common sense point of fact here.
FC reverted back to The Crown Estates or QE. Whatever way.
MegHarry are never going o live in the dull, grey, depressing, unAmerican place again.

I can flip this back to you.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Curryong on May 28, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
But  it seems to me that you are still underestimating the Netflix, Spotify, Better Up, Apple TV etc deals, and quite looking forward to them all failing and Harry and Meghan falling on their faces and having to be bailed out by Charles. I just don?t see that happening.

Don?t t forget the big money making deals to slandar the BRF, TQ at any moment.
Megan is not failing. She has never failed. She will never fail. The bozo she married , for the here n now, is another story.

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 28, 2021, 10:52:45 AM
I dont know if Charles is going to "bail them out" if they fail.. I suppose he will do so to an extent.. but he has proved tougher than I thought He would be.  and Harry surely wont go cap in hand to his father after all the things that he's said about him and the family....

Agreed, Charles has shown a tougher stan e than expected.
Harry would go asking and did and pouted like a baby in the Oprah- Megan interview on how Charles cut him off financially.
I do not see Charles ( Camilla) bailing him out ever.

Amabel2

Charles wont leave Harry stuck if H ends up in financial trouble..... but I do question what help he'll give. It may be a smaller place in the UK and less money..  It will certainly be dependent on H and Meg stopping all this complaining and making remarks about the RF.   They may be expected to go back to Royal work.. or maybe (depending on public reaction) they will  have to give up any royal work and lead a quiet life.  So I dont know  for sure.
Harry had better make sure that he gets as much as he can.. I dont think that the American public will want to hear his stories about how awful the RF is indefinitley...tho' he can problaby make good money for a time...
but really the idea that he's willing to make his money by bashing his family (even if they were monsters...).... and talking about stuff that is probalby best confined to his therapist....

wannable

Charles and William, both have experience now of having a rogue sibling. I'm sure they will figure out a empathy and ethical way to deal with Harry (and Andrew). Controlled moneys.

Amabel2

I'm sure its worse for William.  Charles was a lot older than Andrew and probably wasn't all that close to him.  Will and harry were very close in age and for years at least, they were I think genuinely loving brothers.  And Andrew has not attacked his family.  He has behaved appallingly but he is now probbaby just an ongoing problem that can be kept in the background.. and I think he has accepted that he has to lead a quiet life.
Will has lost a brother who was his companion during his childhood.. and that sibling has mainly gone on the attack against his own family...HIs remarks about racism in the family, when he excluded the Queen and Philip, have left Will and Charles as the "possible suspects..."

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on May 29, 2021, 12:48:59 PM
Charles and William, both have experience now of having a rogue sibling. I'm sure they will figure out a empathy and ethical way to deal with Harry (and Andrew). Controlled moneys.

?Controlled money?s?? Yes I?m sure in another twenty years or so Harry will be willing to lend William a few dollars if he wants some! After all, we don?t know how long the Duchy of Cornwall money will be William?s. It could be less than twenty years, much less than Charles?s time. And the Duchy of Lancaster moneys are much less and subject to more calls from elderly relatives. The Wessexes, Andrew (and Fergie) Anne and Tim, the Gloucesters even....lol. Still, it will be better than relying on Daddy for most of the yearly allowance as he and Kate do now.