The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events Part 2

Started by Curryong, July 10, 2020, 11:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Part Two of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events. Please keep the discussion on topic and follow all forum rules and guidelines.

The previous thread can be found here. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews and television programs

QuoteTLLK:

What else would Harry say at that time? He was living in the UK and still in the family.  He probably kept his true feelings and resentment well hidden until now. Prince Charles had to have done something for Harry to speak out against his father like he has done.

Prince Charles cheated on his mother and now his father is married to that woman and his mother is dead.

@Yale- IMHO the motivation for the  statements that Prince Harry has made in the Oprah interview and the Apple TV project is largely due to the fact that Charles is not funding expenses for the couple ie: security and day to day living allowances. It's sad and I truly hope that the current situation between father and son,doesn't continue for much longer. Honestly I believe that there isn't much more for Harry to share about family relationships before he begins to turn off his viewers. Personally I'd rather see the couple focus on their charity work ie: Invictus in their upcoming media projects.  :thumbsup:

Honestly I believe that Prince Harry was quite happy and content with his relationship with his father and step-mother for many years. His own words in 2018 did appear to reflect how he felt about her. After all he didn't have to say anything about that relationship and could have chosen to just say that he preferred to keep it private. . He could see how well his father and step-mother get on and that his father was definitely happier than when he was married to Diana. AFAIK Charles and Camilla were supportive of Harry's decisions regarding his retirement from the Army, his royal work and his private charity work ie: Sentebale.  Both appeared to be very welcoming to Meghan and Doria during the engagement,  wedding, and up until January 2020.

I believe that he doesn't really have a problem with Camilla considering that he knows both of his parents were having affairs during the years that they were married. Charles and Diana were just poorly suited to each other.  Camilla seems to be a good stepmother to her adult stepsons and their families. She's warm and friendly but knows when to stay out of the father/son dynamics. No doubt that she's sad about the current situation, but I don't see her overstepping any boundaries and will largely leave it to Charles and Harry to work out.

Amabel2

But they are not going to focus on thier charity projects, they know that talking about how cruel the RF were to them is a much bigger draw.  In March, when they did the first interview that would have been the time to focus on their future life and charity work.. and they didn't do that, they went for attacking the RF.   AND it was pretty clear that their big grievance against Charles was that he'd cut off funding.. and that they felt that "someone else" should pay their secuirty costs..

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on May 30, 2021, 01:53:15 AM
Part Two of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events. Please keep the discussion on topic and follow all forum rules and guidelines.

The previous thread can be found here. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews and television programs

@Yale- IMHO the motivation for the  statements that Prince Harry has made in the Oprah interview and the Apple TV project is largely due to the fact that Charles is not funding expenses for the couple ie: security and day to day living allowances. It's sad and I truly hope that the current situation between father and son,doesn't continue for much longer. Honestly I believe that there isn't much more for Harry to share about family

Honestly I believe that Prince Harry was quite happy and content with his relationship with his father and step-mother for many years. His own words in 2018 did appear to reflect how he felt about her. After all he didn't have to say anything about that relationship and could have chosen to just say that he preferred to keep it private. .

But that's Harry, isn't it?  He didn't have to say "he loved Camilla to bits", he could have just said that he was pleased that Charles was getting married.
but it seems significant that he was willing to make extravagant statements about Camilla.. when it suited him.. and to be friendly with Charles when C was paying the bills..  but when Charles said "No" to him, about working half in and half out, as he was bound to do, Harry became shirty and rude... And then the really big rift was when he found that his father actaually took him at his word over financial independence and said "You wanted to leave to make money, well now, the tax payer isn't going to pay your security, nor am I.. its up to you to get some work and pay for it...
So clealry whatever feelings Harry has about Charles, he was willing to stifle them when he got his own way and got the money he expected.

Yale

What makes you all think it is only about the funding? It would seem trivia to me. Harry has millions of dollars and I am sure he and Meghan have made and are still raking in millions right now.  In short, Harry doesn't need Charles' funding now. Harry will probably surpass his father in net worth soon if he hasn't already.

Amabel2

According to Harry he ONLY took up a deal with Netflix, when he was told that he would not get his security paid for.  So I think that makes it clear that Harry only got out and found "work" when pushed.  he certainly thought that he needed funding, because he needed someone to pay his security.  he has also taken on a very large and expensive house, and that has to be paid for...
He has to pay for everything now that he used to get paid for in the UK, and I think that he said that he was "lucky he had Diana's money".. or he would not have been able to manage, so probably some of the capital has been spent. 

FanDianaFancy

Harry surpassing Charles  in net value, no.
Charles has priceless palaces and castles for homes.
Then he just has an ordinary, personal mansion too, Highgrove.
Charles personally iwns lots of things.

Likewise, William will not surpass Charles either, that is until William becomes King of England.

Whatever taxes Charles, Williams pays , you can say comes right back to them in Sovereign Grant funds, RPOs, etc.

Harry has to pay for : his mansion, the monthly upkeep is only , maybe $10,000 a month.security. CA and federal taxes, income taxes, household staff and their business staff, etc.

Yale

Those priceless palaces and castles do not belong to him but to the British government if I am not mistaken.  Secondly, there are several people who are wealthier than the BRF. And I'd bet odds Harry is close to surpassing his father's wealth if he hasn't already.

You guys kill me, the way you just assume Harry has no money or not enough. Harry is not broke or hurting for money.  Also, I read they just spent a small fortune on their new baby's room.

Amabel2

The RF have private houses that belong to them, including the Castle of Balmoral.. Sandringham and others.   Harry inherited half of Diana's fortune which was about ?8M as  a kid and  had to pay taxes on it. (SHE got that  money as a divorce settlement from the RF).

Its probably grown since then but he hardly has as much wealth as his father and grandmother...
Harry is the one who is crying poverty,  he was angry and upset that he had to pay for his own security and wanted his father to do so but Charles refused.  So in the course of less than a year, Harry will not have gone to any stage where he is surpassing his father's wealth.   If he's spending loads of money on his children's nursery,  he has to pay for that himself.   he has to pay for his security himself and that does not come cheap.  He has a mortgage. he is the one who said that he only took the Netflix deal when he was told he had to pay for his own security.
Charles used to pay Harry ?2M a year for his working expenses.. Now Harry has to pay for all kinds of things himself, staff, taxes, maintenance, mortgage... He has 2 children to keep soon who will require upkeep, education etc.

Yale

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 30, 2021, 07:05:19 PM
The RF have private houses that belong to them, including the Castle of Balmoral.. Sandringham and others.   Harry inherited half of Diana's fortune which was about ?8M as  a kid and  had to pay taxes on it. (SHE got that  money as a divorce settlement from the RF).

Its probably grown since then but he hardly has as much wealth as his father and grandmother...
Harry is the one who is crying poverty,  he was angry and upset that he had to pay for his own security and wanted his father to do so but Charles refused.  So in the course of less than a year, Harry will not have gone to any stage where he is surpassing his father's wealth.   If he's spending loads of money on his children's nursery,  he has to pay for that himself.   he has to pay for his security himself and that does not come cheap.  He has a mortgage. he is the one who said that he only took the Netflix deal when he was told he had to pay for his own security.
Charles used to pay Harry ?2M a year for his working expenses.. Now Harry has to pay for all kinds of things himself, staff, taxes, maintenance, mortgage... He has 2 children to keep soon who will require upkeep, education etc.

The point is, you nor I nor anyone here knows what Harry's net worth is at this time nor how much income is bringing in now. That is no one's business. What I am saying is that Harry's family is not worrying about money. He doesn't need to.  If they were having financial problems something would have leaked out by now.  Harry is building financial security for his children so that they will never need his family for anything.  I don't blame him. Good for you, Harry!

Amabel2

harry is the one who has talked about financial problems.  He is the one who has said "I never thought that I'd lose my security" and "I only took the Netflix deal when i lost my security".  Clearly he has been worrying about money....

Princess Cassandra

I you read biographies of Harry's great, great uncle King Edward VIII aka Duke of Windsor you find references to him and the Duchess always being worried about money, when they were given some sort of funds when he left and even made his brother purchase family homes from him, gaining more. He was told by an advisor that he was in no danger or going broke but they were scared they would be left without enough funds to live on. I find there are parallels between Harry and the Duke of Windsor and am concluding that leaving the Royal Family must have unique anxieties about which we are unaware.  With the legacy from his mother he should not feel "insecure", unless he is scared to live like ordinary folk. Now it appears he is earning a great deal. If he is feeling financially insecure now I'd say it's part of his illness. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 30, 2021, 08:26:46 AM
But they are not going to focus on thier charity projects, they know that talking about how cruel the RF were to them is a much bigger draw.  In March, when they did the first interview that would have been the time to focus on their future life and charity work.. and they didn't do that, they went for attacking the RF.   AND it was pretty clear that their big grievance against Charles was that he'd cut off funding.. and that they felt that "someone else" should pay their secuirty costs..
Amabel, in reference to comments near the end of Part I, no, I don't expect or think that Meghan would stop Harry or encourage him to stop interviewing and trashing the Monarchy and his family. I still feel that she ought, but I am in agreement with you that she won't. 

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 30, 2021, 08:27:30 PM
I you read biographies of Harry's great, great uncle King Edward VIII aka Duke of Windsor you find references to him and the Duchess always being worried about money, when they were given some sort of funds when he left and even made his brother purchase family homes from him, gaining more. He was told by an advisor that he was in no danger or going broke but they were scared they would be left without enough funds to live on. I find there are parallels between Harry and the Duke of Windsor and am concluding that leaving the Royal Family must have unique anxieties about which we are unaware.  With the legacy from his mother he should not feel "insecure", unless he is scared to live like ordinary folk. Now it appears he is earning a great deal. If he is feeling financially insecure now I'd say it's part of his illness. 
:goodpost:@Princess Cassandra.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree that leaving the BRF (or any reigning royal family) would leave that family member with concerns that are certainly unique.

Prince Harry always had  the costs for his staff, security, housing and transportation- for royal engagements more or less covered via the taxpayers of the UK. The PoW was providing an allowance for other expenses. To now be aware that he is having the responsibility of all of these expensed on his shoulders (and Meghan's) must be of great concern for him IMHO. He's spent the vast majority of his life with the former arrangement but has now had only a little over a year with the latter. Yes I do believe that this would create unique anxieties for him. So much so   that he believed was necessary to publicly  share with the viewers his concerns about his financial situation after their departure from the UK in the Oprah interview. If it wasn't an issue, I doubt that he'd have brought it up at all.

Yale

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 30, 2021, 07:34:36 PM
harry is the one who has talked about financial problems.  He is the one who has said "I never thought that I'd lose my security" and "I only took the Netflix deal when i lost my security".  Clearly he has been worrying about money....

If Harry is so worried about money as you claim, How is he living in a multi-million dollar mansion? They have been in it for a while now.  And I haven't read that their mansion is facing foreclosure - I'm making a point here.

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 30, 2021, 08:36:01 PM
Amabel, in reference to comments near the end of Part I, no, I don't expect or think that Meghan would stop Harry or encourage him to stop interviewing and trashing the Monarchy and his family. I still feel that she ought, but I am in agreement with you that she won't.
Of course not. I dont want to exempt him from blame, but I think that she is probably the one who engineered the "getting out" and who has pushed him a bit to do these interviews.. and she's done her fair share of trashing the monarchy herself.

Amabel2

Quote from: Yale on May 31, 2021, 03:12:13 AM
If Harry is so worried about money as you claim, How is he living in a multi-million dollar mansion? They have been in it for a while now.  And I haven't read that their mansion is facing foreclosure - I'm making a point here.

They' haven't been there a  year, as yet.. and they are making money at present with basically trashing the RF.  But clearly Harry IS worrying about money.  He is used to a wealthy comfortable life and clearly wasn't going to settle for a smaller house in a less fancy area or to work out how to live on Diana's fortune.  He has done these deals to make more money.. because he IS worrying about it...
HE is the one who brought up these issues of "I didn't think I'd lose my security..." and "I only took the Netflix deal to pay for security when I lost it".  They could have used that interview to talk about their charity work, but instead they went on about the RF, and about how they had had to take on "work" to make money...so obviously it is a concern of theirs.

Amabel2

He's earning a lot now but he's doing it by trashing his family.. and I would not be too sure, if I were him, that the money's going to last.  How long can he do programmes telling tales about how awful the RF were to him? What else can he offer to Netflix?   They will pay him well as long as he brings in viewers but IMO worthy documentaries about his charities are not going to bring in big bucks. He may get jobs offered to him "because of who he is".. but I would say that he feels that is all pretty precarious.
If he had moderated his lifestyle a bit, Charles did apparently give him some money to move to Canada, and he could probably have led a comfortable but much more modest life on Di's fortune.
But Harry seems to have refused to take into account that he was now going to have to pay for all sorts of things that he had not had to pay for before, particularly security...and it was obviously a shock to him that he had to suddenly find a home, pay for it, pay security and staff expenses and so on...

I agree the DOW was always anxious about money, and its rumoured that he and Wallis did things like "be introduced to people" at society events, who paid discreetly for the privilege, in order to make some more.  Harry lives in a different time where he can get a job.. but I think it will be precarious how long jobs will last or what he will have to do.  So far it seems that talking about his family IS the best paid job he can get.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Yale on May 30, 2021, 06:43:48 PM
Those priceless palaces and castles do not belong to him but to the British government if I am not mistaken.  Secondly, there are several people who are wealthier than the BRF. And I'd bet odds Harry is close to surpassing his father's wealth if he hasn't already.

You guys kill me, the way you just assume Harry has no money or not enough. Harry is not broke or hurting for money.  Also, I read they just spent a small fortune on their new baby's room.
Some of those priceless palaces and castles belong to QE personally. Others are for the govt.
Catch 22, regardless if they belong to QE personally or the Brit govt, it is not as if these are leased out as an AirB n B.
A hotel.
Leased out for filims.
No one lives in these palaces and castles except for The Monarch .
Flipside , THESE HISTORIC BUILDINGS, must be weird. How does one walk  to the kitchen in the middle of the night for some  water and a cookie like normal people., Lol.
These are buildings.
Historic buildings.
It is not weird for QE, Charles because they know of nothing else.
Now Charles place at Windsor or Sandringham,  Clearance House and AnmerHall ( WnC)  are homely, intimate places.

I am an American so yes, I would prefer MegHar homey, shiny and new, modern American home in CA.

FanDianaFancy

Harry is living life as a normal person. A normal multimillionaire.
Yes he is worried about money, must worry about money. He never had to before because all his needs and wants were paid for by Charles, Sovereign Grant, benefactors, etc.

Jennifer Lopez just private jetted out of Miami with her 2 kids to go somewhere. Her money. Her right. She paid for that jet. She has earned and is earning every dollar.
She has to pay for her children, taxes in every state where she owns property, corporate taxes as she is a corporation, security, private jets, childrens education costing probably around $100,000 for both children, household staff, business staff, law firm and accounting firms she hires, clothes costing hundreds of thousands, etc.
Henry falls in this line of living, but he and Megan do not sing, dance, act, play a sport, sell things , products. Jennifer  had a clothing line at Khols. She now has a shoe line at DSW. She has a deal designing  handbags with Coach. This is all hers on her by her to her public made by her from her notoriety..
THUS is why months n months before Nov 2019, MegHenr had patented Sussex, D/D Sussex, Royal Sussex etc for pens, pads, clothes, cookware, everything and anything, but QE pulled all that back because MEGHAN N HENRY do not own it. They also stabbed QE again by saying she does not own the word, royal.

Henry n Meg claim is throwing out nastiness at QE and BRF.
That inturns gives them fame. That fame gives them Netflix , Spotify, but they have to bring it to get viewers. Netflix , etc is not going to keep them because of D-D titles.
Where are the ratings?
Bridgerton pulled in 82 million viewers worldwide, however next season, look for less, far less. .Season 3, less than season 2. I predict 3 seasons will be it.
Netflix needs ratings per show, movie, etc.
MegHenry need an audience, fans, a following.

Dianas money is not lasting forever. CA house must cost about $10,000 a month. Security. Cleaning staff, etc.

Harr n Megan did the right  and what she wanted which was leave. He wanted it too. They are free to live their lives .
This is a different life from how he was raised.
Oh, money worries. Ex. TDM posted an article  that CaroleMikes company has had big profit loses. Yes, people have not had parties needing decor from their company during Covid virus.

Amabel2

Not sure what the Middlestons' business has to do with anything but yes its obvious that Harry didnt really tink through plans for how to make a living when he left.  he clearly expected Charles to go on helping him

Yale

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 31, 2021, 08:51:08 AM
They' haven't been there a  year, as yet.. and they are making money at present with basically trashing the RF.  But clearly Harry IS worrying about money.  He is used to a wealthy comfortable life and clearly wasn't going to settle for a smaller house in a less fancy area or to work out how to live on Diana's fortune.  He has done these deals to make more money.. because he IS worrying about it...
HE is the one who brought up these issues of "I didn't think I'd lose my security..." and "I only took the Netflix deal to pay for security when I lost it".  They could have used that interview to talk about their charity work, but instead they went on about the RF, and about how they had had to take on "work" to make money...so obviously it is a concern of theirs.

They have probably already made millions on top of what they had in the bank. Ha! They are not worring about money!

FanDianaFancy

They will be fine. They are multimillionaries.
I need not worry about them. However, earning their own money is their job .
They no longer have BRF money.
Good, bad, indifferent.

BRF must change. William n Catherine should gave insisted on their children be Lad Charlotte and Lord Louis or Earl something Louis.
These two children , as adults, will need to work outside of BRF for a living. Perhaps not for income because their father can pay for them, but what will Charlotte n Louis do with their time to develop self- worth and talents?
There is only one for the top. George.
William
.Charles should be , but his mother is of a different time and she is Q of England so she has her children all as working Royals.
Yes, Andrew was pushed put due to his behaviors.
The Q has cousins who just began paying market value rents.
I mean by just began in recent times when they should been doing this 40- 50 years ago.

Off subject, I veered somewhat, but yes, money is an issue for Harry. He had time, his whole life under QE, then his King Charles and then King William to live as a BR.
He lucked out as in  future King Charles only had 2 children and that making Harry future King Williams only sibling.

Amabel2

Quote from: Yale on May 31, 2021, 05:19:20 PM
They have probably already made millions on top of what they had in the bank. Ha! They are not worring about money!
you really think they've made "Millions" in the space of a year on the basis of ?  What? A deal with Netflix.. which so far they have I think only offered a film about Invictus which wont happen for a year.
When they have taken on a large mortgage and an expensive lifestyle in California..  and have to pay for all that.. We know roughly what they have "In the bank" and it was Diana's money...
and if they're not worrying about money, how come Harry said that he was?  That he could not believe that he had lost his security and that he "had to do something" to make money, to pay for it. He also said, I believe that it was lucky that they had Diana's money, so presumably they had to dip into that.

Amabel2

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on May 31, 2021, 06:11:31 PM

BRF must change. William n Catherine should gave insisted on their children be Lad Charlotte and Lord Louis or Earl something Louis.
These two children , as adults, will need to work outside of BRF for a living. Perhaps not for income because their father can pay for them, but what will Charlotte n Louis do with their time to develop self- worth and talents?
No idea what this has to do with Harry, or why Charlotte and Louis should be deprived of their titles.  They can work if they want to, and if the only job they can get is talking on TV, they are probably better not to work....

Yale

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 31, 2021, 07:16:20 PM
you really think they've made "Millions" in the space of a year on the basis of ?  What? A deal with Netflix.. which so far they have I think only offered a film about Invictus which wont happen for a year.
When they have taken on a large mortgage and an expensive lifestyle in California..  and have to pay for all that.. We know roughly what they have "In the bank" and it was Diana's money...
and if they're not worrying about money, how come Harry said that he was?  That he could not believe that he had lost his security and that he "had to do something" to make money, to pay for it. He also said, I believe that it was lucky that they had Diana's money, so presumably they had to dip into that.

How do you know for certain he has no income coming in? You act as if you know Harry personally all about his finances.