Duke and Duchess of Sussex against popular UK tabloids newspaper

Started by sara8150, April 21, 2020, 03:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle leave Buckingham Palace staff 'stunned' over media decision | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Cut Off Four Major U.K. Tabloids | PEOPLE.com

Why Prince Harry & Meghan Markle made their shock announcement about British tabloids now | HELLO!

Prince Harry and Meghan say they will no longer cooperate with British tabloids unless it?s through a lawyer | GMA

https://www.today.com/news/prince-harry-meghan-shun-british-tabloids-over-salacious-gossip-t179214

Meghan and Harry cut off four British tabloids - CNN

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tell British tabloids they are 'ceasing all co-operation'

Harry and Meghan tell tabloids they will never work with them again | UK News | Sky News

Harry and Meghan cut all ties with four British tabloids over their reporting and 'lies' - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 03:56:24 AM

Harry and Meghan snubbing people?s newspapers will lead to people snubbing them, say Sun readers ? The Sun

From Megxit to Frogmore Cottage refurbishment, the stories Meghan and Harry wanted to keep under wraps ? The Sun

Prince Harry & Meghan must get a grip ? do they really think their tetchy statement is the priority during this crisis? ? The Sun

Has there ever been a more ill-timed bid for publicity as Harry & Meghan?s? ? The Sun

Harry and Meghan, these conspiracies and fights with the media are pathetic ? the world?s moved on ? The Sun

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 03:56:57 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex cut ties with four British tabloids ? Royal Central

FanDianaFancy

Totally ridiculous. Pr that is not good for them. They could have , should have stopped this. This is watching a train wreck.

sara8150

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 21, 2020, 07:20:50 AM
Totally ridiculous. Pr that is not good for them. They could have , should have stopped this. This is watching a train wreck.

I?m agreed with you,@FanDianaFancy but HM Queen wouldnt like that but Harry and Meghan definitely acting like teenager!! But both need grownup adult

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 03:23:07 PM

Piers Morgan praises ?classy? Prince Philip but brands Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ?whiny little brats in Hollywood? ? The Sun

Harry and Meghan ?didn?t tell Charles about newspaper boycott? as Palace ?stunned? ? The Sun

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on April 21, 2020, 02:49:50 PM
I?m agreed with you,@FanDianaFancy but HM Queen wouldnt like that but Harry and Meghan definitely acting like teenager!! But both need grownup adult

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 03:23:07 PM

Piers Morgan praises ?classy? Prince Philip but brands Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ?whiny little brats in Hollywood? ? The Sun

Harry and Meghan ?didn?t tell Charles about newspaper boycott? as Palace ?stunned? ? The Sun
Basically they want to do their own thing their own way, nobody is going to tell that what or what not to do, and this usually gets them in trouble. You are right, that's exactly what we all did as teenagers. Hopefully this will settle down and they will begin to understand that the Queen, the POW and all the advisors have some valuable advice to give.

wannable

They didn't while working royals, they surely will not as celebrities.

Here's the answer I was looking for, the Royal Rota are all informing since a minute ago a reply from Buckingham Palace in reference to the Queen's bday

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex called the monarch from their new home in California to wish her a happy 94th birthday. But it was hardly an intimate affair. The privacy obsessed couple were so keen to tell the world about the afternoon chat that they instructed their spokesman to email a selection of hand-picked publications to share the news shortly afterwards. It comes after the pair were forced to suspend their own Sussex Royal website and Instagram page after quitting royal duties. Harry and Meghan?s rush to make the news public was at odds with the wishes of Buckingham Palace, which had expressly stated that details of any calls between the Queen and her family on the occasion of her ?low-key? birthday should be private. Last week a spokesman announced the monarch would ? for the first time in her reign ? scale down birthday celebrations such as the traditional gun salutes and flag flying because of coronavirus, saying: ?Her Majesty?s birthday will not be marked in a special way ? and calls, video calls, with family will be private and kept so.

sara8150

Prince Charles stunned over Harry and Meghan media decision | Daily Mail Online
Prince of Wales wouldnt pleasure with Harry?s decisions till HM Queen?s makes discussion or Queen will give Harry in BIG TROUBLE!!

Curryong

And how exactly does the Fail or any other tabloid know this? Charles quickly phoned the journalists who wrote this garbage I suppose and confided in them that he was stunned. What a joke!

Remember that these tabloids are being sued by Meghan and Harry. Therefore they put a negative spin on everything the Susseses do or say.

Double post auto-merged: April 21, 2020, 11:19:05 PM

Apart from stating that the Sussexes had video-called Harry's grandmother with birthday wishes ALL the details of their call WERE kept quiet, so the staff at BP who were apparently so incredibly upset about this call in particular according to the Press, should just stop getting their knickers in a twist.

It was clear from the time of the Sussex marriage that sections of the Old Guard at BP didn't care for Meghan. As for those so-reliable and fair RRs, about half of them work for tabloids that are being sued by Harry and Meghan so of course they're going with a certain narrative.

And lastly I'm absolutely sure that the Queen enjoyed communicating with Harry and Meghan and seeing baby Archie on that call for her birthday.

wannable

Rebecca English is a member of the Royal Rota....

Harry and Meghan's communications team is Sunshine Sach, they have nothing to do with information distributed by the 3 households to the RR's.

TLLK

I'm sure that QEII was happy to see and hear her third grandson and his family today. She would have had to schedule time with all of them if you consider that she has: 1 husband, 4 children, 2 daughters-in-law, 1 son-in-law, eight grandchildren and 6 of them with spouses/fiancee, 8 great-grandchildren, niece and nephew with their families, along with many cousins and their families. This doesn't even begin to cover the many friends. :Jen:

wannable

Yes, but the others didn't go running to instruct their coms or PR team to write an email to Omid Scobie notifying they just had a zoom video with granny.  :hehe:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on April 22, 2020, 01:20:23 AM
Yes, but the others didn't go running to instruct their coms or PR team to write an email to Omid Scobie notifying they just had a zoom video with granny.  :hehe:

That's because the Sussexes don't have to run things past BP or KP any more, thank God. And what I said was correct. No details about the video call were released, ie what was said between the three adults, how Archie acted etc.

And Rebecca English is indeed on the Royal Rota. And is employed by British tabloids as are most of the others. As such they all sing from the same hymn book, which is what their editors want. Bad, bad Sussexes, appalled BP staff, horrified Charles and Queen, da de da, when in fact no RR know what any of the senior royals (who dislike the press themselves) say or think. Keep to the narrative at all costs RRs, and what your editors want.

wannable

The couple want the press attention. Just like an ex sussexsquad twitter showed me, an old tweet that Thomas wanted to talk with his  daughter to rush to the media...it's in the family, Megs running to notify, we just spoke to granny.

I think they are desperate and bored due to their long quarantine.

Also 2/3 of the RRs have been dutifully following the royals for more than 15 years local and foreign tours, of course they make their contacts, develop knowledge first hand.

FanDianaFancy

Kindergarten student 1 Leave me alone.

Kindergarten student 2 No , you leave me all be.

Kindergarten student 1 I said it, you leave me alone.

Kindergarten student 2 Stop talking to me.

Kindergarten student 1/I am not talking to you. So stop talking to me.

And it goes on ,  back n forth.

This is MegHen and the he 5 media tabloid Brit media they  don?t like.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 22, 2020, 05:31:22 PM
Kindergarten student 1 Leave me alone.

Kindergarten student 2 No , you leave me all be.

Kindergarten student 1 I said it, you leave me alone.

Kindergarten student 2 Stop talking to me.

Kindergarten student 1/I am not talking to you. So stop talking to me.

And it goes on ,  back n forth.

This is MegHen and the he 5 media tabloid Brit media they  don?t like.
On another thread I just posted that they are not questioning why this has all been happening. Mainly it is because the media jumps on any newsworthy story just to make money, not caring who they hurt. But it runs both ways. Harry and Meghan need to question WHY the media has been jumping on them, and what they may have done to incur it. Taking this step was just another ill-advised retaliation in the conflict.

TLLK

Today the Sussexes were able to listen in on the virtual High Court hearing from their home in Los Angeles, CA. This is just a preliminary hearing and a full trial has not begun.

Mail publisher asks court to strike out Meghan's 'dishonesty' claims | UK news | The Guardian

QuoteClaims by the Duchess of Sussex that a newspaper had ?harassed, humiliated, manipulated and exploited? her estranged father to ?dig or stir up? a dispute between the pair were ?remarkable?, given that she had not contacted him to ask if he agreed, the high court has heard.

Meghan is suing Associated Newspapers for misuse of private information, breach of data protection, and copyright infringement after the Mail on Sunday and Mail Online published the contents of a handwritten ?private and confidential? letter sent to Thomas Markle, 75, in August 2018.

Associated Newspapers denies the claims.

As the first round in her privacy claim was heard remotely before a virtual court hearing in London, she and Prince Harry were expected to be listening in from Los Angeles.

Meghan is suing over five articles ? two in the Mail on Sunday, and three on Mail Online ? which reproduced parts of the letters, with the headline on one reading: ?Revealed: The letter showing the true tragedy of Meghan?s rift with a father she says has ?broken her heart into a million pieces?.?

wannable

In the hearing today: ''She admits five of her closest friends talked to People, but said it was without her knowledge and she was 'distressed' they mentioned the letter''.

Why did she show the letter to her 5 friends?
Why did she not sue her 5 friends?
Are they still her friends?

If the high court decides it will be a full blown court case, the 5 friends will have to testify.

TLLK

@wannable-I can understand why she might have shown it to friends to get their opinions. Has it been determined who the five friends were? However I also would be curious to know why they chose to share the contents of the letter to People and like you wonder if Meghan is still in close contact with them.

wannable

Her lawyers haven't disclosed the names yet, but they did admit the 5 friends disclosed to People.

Also disclosed today by the DM lawyers is that MM didn't have any contact with Thomas for 2 years in the run to the wedding, refuting the MM lawyers that she supposedly had a warm relationship with her dad, hence she had written the letter.

In the old thread (Oct 2019) Sussex website statement with the 2 cases: Meghan with DM and Harry with the Sun, I posted a link with the who is who of MM's lawyer (famous celebrity lawyer in the UK).

Here's the DM lawyers, the Telegraph has opened the pay wall for everyone to read.
Meghan faces court showdown with barrister who got Cambridge first in theoretical physics

FanDianaFancy

This is all crazy. This has nothing to do with BRF, WillKate, cries here of Meg not being welcomed because she was. Nothing.

This lawsuit was ill advised. So rumor is, MegHen like yes people.
Anygood advisors who are worth their profession and knowledge would have put this thought out of MegHens mind as soon as they brought it up.
I question her mother who is now in.
Did her mother, who has some missing past there, should have advised her daughter to not battle with Thomas. It is not good for Thomas, Meghan , or Doria and her missing past  either.

The 5 Brit media tabloid sources are winning and have won.
They are papers and not human beings.
The editors, reporters are not having their dirty family laundry aired out for all to read.
Meghan is giving far more formation than was originally known of their relationship.
AGAIN, this couple shoots themselves in the foot.

Meanwhile, Kate releases a nice photo of Louis hugging PCharles for Louis 2 yr. old birthday.
Meanwhile, WillKate and the kids sent a picture of  them all appaulding NHC 

wannable

Around December, if I recall and posted in the old thread, Meghan was willing to drop the case if the DM paid the moneys to that date of costs to one of her fav charities, the DM did not accept the offer.  Those watching closely were in shock that she wanted to drop it. Now we will get to know details, as anyone can sign up to the zoom court hearings.   

For those who are interested in the Zoom app, registering and having zoom for 45 minutes daily to speak with love ones is FREE (from any of your internet devices, be it a computer, laptop, cellphone, etc, download/register is free).  More than 45 min a day, there are different packages, especially for companies; small, medium or big.

FanDianaFancy

She wanted to drop it if they paid out to a few charities.
Then the papers magazines did not to to do this.
So then, according to what you said, she did not want to drop this.
All she had to do was drop this. Payout from the papers / magazines to some charities or not, just drop it.

This is doing her no favors.

wannable

The Times, Camilla Long says there were 80 journalists connected via Zoom to the court hearing.

@copyrights The Times, Camilla Long
Meghan the narcissist gets her day in court, but she?s too blind to see she?s already lost
Camilla Long
Sunday April 26 2020, 12.01am BST, The Sunday Times

"The trial of the decade kicked off on Friday morning, with much excited fiddling online ? a pre-trial hearing conducted, ?trickily?, on Microsoft Teams. In one window, the duchess?s little Italian waiter QC appeared, with a plume of glossy turkey hair. In another, there was the silent, clipped, gravedigger QC for the defence, representing The Mail on Sunday and its case for printing Thomas Markle?s letter. Both were in rooms that had been blurred out, while the purring judge ? a man not unlike Alan Rickman ? sat in a normal Harry Potter panelled courtroom.

Along with 80 or so other journalists, I watched the whole thing from start to finish. It felt vast and important, like Leveson part two. At one point, it looked less like a trial of the matter at hand and more like a trial of the press in general. If Prince Harry has his way, it will be a monstrous, all-consuming, neverending rapture: a terrible reckoning, a Book of Revelation for the people he hates. For Meghan it will involve an end-times level of self-promotion and publicity. Guess what? She will take the stand. It is their dream circus.

Be in no doubt: this is a circus. It seemed astonishing to me that these skilled and pre-eminent men, with 100 years of experience between them, should waste any time discussing a story of such effervescing Marie Antoinettish frippery and thin-skinned triviality. There was talk of ?post-Naomi Campbell jurisprudence? and a comic moment when they stopped to consider whether Meghan?s ?favourite snack?, avocados, fuelled ?human rights abuses, drought and murder?. That was before we got to the 75 pages of articles that had displeased the couple. First impression: neither the duchess nor Harry can take criticism.

Second impression: for someone who doesn?t like to talk about her private life, the duchess sure does want to talk about it. Before this trial, we knew little about her relationship with her grim Honey Bear father; now there?s little we don?t. The hearing made reference to a whole 33 further pages of mostly personal content she made available 10 days ago, including texts to her father from Meghan and Harry before their wedding.

The messages add absolutely nothing. In one, she appears concerned for her father?s ?health and safety?. In another, she seems most interested in getting ?security? to the hospital where he?s just had heart surgery, presumably to stop him talking to the press. So why release them? Perhaps to provide a mirage of openness, give the impression she?s happy to lay it all out when she isn?t. If anything the couple come across as unhealthily obsessed with the press and image ? it?s a strange self-own.

But then, the duchess is someone who thinks she can win at anything; be the centre of all attention; have the moral upper hand in any dispute. Her own ego blinds her; it even blinds the people working for her, like her poor QC struggling to keep up with the vastness of her pompous submissions. I am no fan of the royal family, and in many ways I?d hoped she would expose them as the pale, stale charisma vacuums they are, but at least they have the humility to know when to stop, instead of throwing themselves into this extraordinary trial and its ramifications ? the hundreds of pages of overshare, plus the added negative publicity that will never end.

Who wins is irrelevant ? in many ways she has already lost. There will be a day?s headlines if she prevails after two, three, even four weeks of lashing stories about her destructive ambition and unedifying obsession with her image. Meanwhile she is reducing the pair of them to supermarket magazine fodder, telling Harry he?s getting better, when he is in fact getting worse. She will brush the whole trial aside as yet another injustice, whatever happens: ?See what they made me do,? she will say, by way of explaining the roomfuls of dirty linen about to be laundered. It?s as mad as a box of prancing kippers.

By the end of it, Harry will secretly wish to go back to the relative anonymity of being a royal, living in peace at Frogmore, able to fully disappear once he?s clocked out of the day?s work, just like a normal person would. Royals are the most anonymous celebs in the world ? Prince William, for example, lives in obscurity. We don?t know where he buys his clothes, gets his food, even where he goes on holiday. He had a whole job and none of us knew anything about it. As he appeared outside his house on Thursday to clap the NHS, I realised I didn?t even know whether he would like his own front door. All those riches, and all that power and no effort ? it is the dream, and Harry is probably already missing it."

Curryong

Camilla Long, journalist, standing by the other members of her profession of course, who is also apparently a woman who thinks that tabloid journos equating Meghan liking avacados with Mexican gangs and murder in ridiculous articles is perfectly acceptable. And calling a person you have never met a narcissist? Very fair and balanced, I'm sure, especially for someone who does not possess a degree in psychiatric medicine.

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2020, 01:34:45 PM

A piece from NZ commenting on the Press reaction to Meghan and Harry leaving back in January. Camilla was moaning about the couple then, as well.

Royals? retreat prompts right royal pile-on | RNZ

Sunday Times (another Murdoch paper) last September, journalist Camilla Long said it was ?time for Meghan to leave and take Prince Pussywhipped with her?.

The headline on her column last week was: "Meghan?s snubbed the Queen and country, and now she?s off with her prince. Charming!"

As Vice UK reporter Paulie Doyle pointed out, her entire article could be summed up in just one line: 'How dare you leave . . . as I repeatedly told you to?'

?They said they had come to this decision 'over the last few years'. But Meghan?s only been here three seconds. She only met him a minute ago! The joyful gushing wedding was yesterday!,? Camilla Long whined in the paper last week.

(That?s pretty poor writing. No-one could marry someone yesterday whom they met only a minute ago, having arrived a mere three seconds earlier.)

wannable

The Avocado war in the world is real though.  Flaunting (social media or any other coms tool) avocados is outdated/not the thing to do/insensitive socially and politically.  Her makeup artist messed up.

''The Avocado War? details how the popular super-food has created areas of oppression and greed in dangerous regions''.  People have died, people have been displaced.  I saw the documentary, it is very sad.

Camilla Long's piece is right though, during and after the ''Court Trial'', Meghan will be front page news for all the wrong reasons.  Quotes of Meghan, Harry and Thomas will be used with analysis.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on April 27, 2020, 01:23:48 PM
Camilla Long, journalist, standing by the other members of her profession of course, who is also apparently a woman who thinks that tabloid journos equating Meghan liking avacados with Mexican gangs and murder in ridiculous articles is perfectly acceptable. And calling a person you have never met a narcissist? Very fair and balanced, I'm sure, especially for someone who does not possess a degree in psychiatric medicine.

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2020, 01:34:45 PM

A piece from NZ commenting on the Press reaction to Meghan and Harry leaving back in January. Camilla was moaning about the couple then, as well.

Royals? retreat prompts right royal pile-on | RNZ

Sunday Times (another Murdoch paper) last September, journalist Camilla Long said it was ?time for Meghan to leave and take Prince Pussywhipped with her?.

The headline on her column last week was: "Meghan?s snubbed the Queen and country, and now she?s off with her prince. Charming!"

As Vice UK reporter Paulie Doyle pointed out, her entire article could be summed up in just one line: 'How dare you leave . . . as I repeatedly told you to?'

?They said they had come to this decision 'over the last few years'. But Meghan?s only been here three seconds. She only met him a minute ago! The joyful gushing wedding was yesterday!,? Camilla Long whined in the paper last week.

(That?s pretty poor writing. No-one could marry someone yesterday whom they met only a minute ago, having arrived a mere three seconds earlier.)

Obviously she does not mean it literarlly.. She means that Meghan hasnt' been a member of the RF for any great length of time.  And yet it does seem as though she/ or she and H have been planning to get away for quite  a while...