British Royal Weddings of the 21st Century

Started by angieuk, August 23, 2009, 07:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Did any one read the "comments" after this article?  One was quite interesting saying "Nice beard". I wonder what that was implying.. :sowhat:..

Miss Scarlett

I say good for them for doing it their way.  Apparently, the couple are paying for this mostly themselves, so thus they should get to do what they want.  If Freddie's parents want to foot the bill for a lavish wedding, which they probably couldn't do, then it should be a lavish royal "do."

But seeing how Peter & Autumn had to have a lavish wedding they couldn't afford (and Anne refused to pay) and thus had to have Hello! foot the bill instead, I don't want to hear any grumblings from the Royals.  Either a) the Royals should foot the bill for the wedding they think the couple should have; b) let them have a lower "budget" wedding (which probably is NOT budget at all according to most standards anyway, but budget only compared to Royal standards); or c) accept it when they have to sell the photographs to pay for the "acceptable" wedding.

I personally am glad that they're not taking on mounds of debt just to pay for the wedding, and if no one else wants to pay for everything when Freddie and his fiancee cannot, then those people should not complain at all.

Trudie

For crying out loud all Princess Michael does is complain about money to hear her tell it they live in complete poverty. Freddie is so far down the list of succession it really doesn't matter what kind of wedding he has and unlike Peter he is not the grandchild of the Sovereign. In this recession and the Queen likes to lead by example Freddie and Sophie are showing a realistic and mature approach and should be applauded for having a budget wedding in the end the wedding is about the couple not who is there and what kind of food and champagne is served. :rant:

Orchid

Quote from: Trudie on August 23, 2009, 09:29:41 PM
In this recession and the Queen likes to lead by example Freddie and Sophie are showing a realistic and mature approach and should be applauded for having a budget wedding in the end the wedding is about the couple not who is there and what kind of food and champagne is served. :rant:

My sentiments exactly :thumbsup: And given the reported venue I'm sure it will be a wedding to be remembered. It sounds like a glorious location and I'm sure it will be a glorious day for all.   
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

LouisFerdinand

What flowers were in Sophie Winkleman's wedding?

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Catherine Middleton arrived at Westminster Abbey by car accompanied by her father. She was the first royal bride to arrive by automobile since Princess Alexandra married Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in 1963.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Camilla Tominey with a reflection on the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on May 18, 2018 at St. George's Chapel. She shares her recollections on that glorious day. The video also shows the behind the scenes look at how royal wedding coverage happened that day, the excitement of the crowds and some responses from the public as well now familiar coverage from the ceremony.   :hearts:

?A ringside seat in history? Camilla Tominey on covering Harry and Meghan?s royal wedding - YouTube

QuoteCamilla Tominey, The Telegraph?s associate editor, broke the story of Prince Harry's romance with Meghan, and was given a court-side seat to cover the couple?s wedding two years later in May 2018.

In this video, Camilla talks us through a day that raised the country's spirits as the nation came together to watch this thoroughly modern Royal wedding of a couple deeply in love.

LouisFerdinand

Camilla mentioned that for Prince Henry and Meghan's wedding the sun was shining. One could not ask for better weather.

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, there were various memorable shots by the BBC, not just of the wedding ceremony, the trumpets blaring at the bride?s entrance to the Chapel for instance, delighting the young page boys carrying Meghan?s veil, and the overhead view of the Long Walk at Windsor with large cheering crowds, the couple in their carriage travelling from St George?s, and not a cloud in the sky

LouisFerdinand

Prince Edward and Miss Katharine Worsley's wedding in York Minster was the first royal wedding to take place there for over six hundred years when King Edward III had married Philippa of Hainault in 1328.

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

If Meghan wanted a fancier wedding, why did she not request the royal wedding to take place at Westminster Abbey?

TLLK

The trees that lined the aisle for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton have grown over the past decade.

Haven't they grown! Trees that graced Prince William and Kate's wedding now tower over their estate  | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAfter the wedding, six of the small trees that lined the aisle were planted at the 192-acre Llwynywermod estate in Carmarthenshire, where they thrived in the rich Welsh soil. They now tower over an elegantly topiaried parterre-style garden that was just a threadbare hedge back in 2011.

LouisFerdinand

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge wore white gloves in the carriage procession on his wedding day.   

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand